Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

"tall" 24" rear tire?

771 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Capt.LimpwrisT 
#1 ·
I picked up a 24" rear wheel for a HT I'm building, and just mounted up a Spec Roller RS 2.4" which could be a bit taller. I'd like to keep the volume up without going too wide and hitting the stays, and I want a tire with decent drive/braking traction in loose/soft conditions.

The Roller RS 2.7 might be an option but they look pretty fat. Another one I looked at is a Nevegal 24x2.5", which looks like a good rear tread pattern, but I can't tell what the profile is like since it wasn't mounted.

Which 24" tires around 2.4-2.6" have a fairly high profile?

#2 ·
fsrxc said:
I picked up a 24" rear wheel for a HT I'm building, and just mounted up a Spec Roller RS 2.4" which could be a bit taller. I'd like to keep the volume up without going too wide and hitting the stays, and I want a tire with decent drive/braking traction in loose/soft conditions.

The Roller RS 2.7 might be an option but they look pretty fat. Another one I looked at is a Nevegal 24x2.5", which looks like a good rear tread pattern, but I can't tell what the profile is like since it wasn't mounted.

I like my Intense 909s.they definitely have a ton of traction, but at the same time wear a bit fast on harder surfaces.

#3 ·
Arrow=more 24s than anyone

fsrxc said:

Ck; <arrowracing.com> tire spec chart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.