Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Nice weather-bad riders

899 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Fletch F. Fletch 
#1 ·
Well, I showed up yesterday to see a nice packed Dreamy Draw parking lot. Haven't seen that since May. My only problem is that the nice weather brings out uneducated riders, i.e. yielding to those climbing. One guy did say sorry but that was from about 4. Sorry, just had to vent.

#2 ·
I dont understand why people dont understand that simple courtesy. If I'm going uphill and you're at the top and you see me, WAIT. If you dont see me until you're half way down the hill at least pull off the trail and let me pass.

I HATE when people are a-holes like that. I can see why fights might break out onthe trails sometimes.

#3 ·
Dirge said:
I dont understand why people dont understand that simple courtesy. If I'm going uphill and you're at the top and you see me, WAIT. If you dont see me until you're half way down the hill at least pull off the trail and let me pass.

I HATE when people are a-holes like that. I can see why fights might break out onthe trails sometimes.
Fights? Hate? a-holes? Wow. Such hostility. Mabye a little education for those riders that are in the dark s in order. Don't hate, educate.

#4 ·
yetisurly said:
Fights? Hate? a-holes? Wow. Such hostility. Mabye a little education for those riders that are in the dark s in order. Don't hate, educate.
I've never had a noobie rider give me an attitude about any type of trail etiquette. I assume thats caus they don't know proper trail etiquette and therefore would have nothing to be upset about. When I was a noobie, not too long ago, I was on the recieving end of some comments or weird stares from what I assumed to be "experienced" riders with all the expensive clothes and shoes and spandex and bikes and ...yada yada yada. (no offense spandex people).
Guess what I'm saying is it seems some experienced riders carry a bit of a superior attitude thing to the trails and sometimes forget that they were a novice rider once too....

#7 ·
YuriB said:
Hate tha game not the playa?
I've been riding so long now that normally I don't give a damn it's just that it happened all at once. As an "experienced rider" I have actually ditched the spandex a while back and now sport the cut-off t-shirt w/ cargos. Going back to my roots. :D. Definitely education is the key.

By the way has anybody else noticed that the papago alternative lifestyle scene seems to have moved to DD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.