Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

De-railer Dilema

383 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  nobody242424 
#1 ·
You probably just bent your derailleur hanger. It's 15 dollars to get it straightened, but you shouldn't straighten aluminum hangers too often, because it makes the material weaker. I'm assuming you have a replaceable hanger. So you can have your LBS straighten it and buy a few extra hangers to keep around just in case. If you actually did trash your derailleur, then you really don't have much choice.

#2 ·
ok - i was ridding round just sorta goofin on the street when i decide to try n stall on my nose (stupid i know don tell me bout that) and being my newbie self fall oversideways (wasnt too hard cause i fell just from standin up). ne way i get up to ride away i notice that my chain came off my back gears. i go to put it back - get it on - then one pedal and its off. turns out that i bent my derailer (don exaxtly know where)

so i take it home and my neighbor helps me bend it back into spot. it works now, but its sketchy on my smaller front gear (i don use it too much).

my dilema? well as u all know the 3 day weekend is commin up and i wanna ride some trails. im wonder if i should take it in n see what the guys at the shop have to say? or get a whole new derailer, how much do they cost? or just leave it? i really wanna ride this weekend so i donn wanna drop it off n then find that itll take like a week to fix it

plz help me out!
thx

#3 ·
uh oli you silly noob, i would say just get a new hanger if thats wats bent, like ten bucks, or if its the derailer, get a new one, like 35 bucks for wat you have, but if it shifts fine and you can mangage, who cares, dont worry and just ride, youve seen mine, derailer and hagner are bent and mine works, somtimes.

#4 ·
nobody242424 said:
uh oli you silly noob, i would say just get a new hanger if thats wats bent, like ten bucks, or if its the derailer, get a new one, like 35 bucks for wat you have, but if it shifts fine and you can mangage, who cares, dont worry and just ride, youve seen mine, derailer and hagner are bent and mine works, somtimes.
i better work fine im not fu.ckin walkin another trail - not after tunnel - specialy wit a bike
bring some zipties..........oh yeah wuts the hangar? what does it look like - i donno the lingo

#5 ·
RaggleMuffin said:
i better work fine im not fu.ckin walkin another trail - not after tunnel - specialy wit a bike
bring some zipties..........oh yeah wuts the hangar? what does it look like - i donno the lingo
if you look its the thing that hold you derialer on, ppsshh ill just show you next time, hey and dont worry, it isnt gonna fall off, if it stops workin i know how to make it siglespeed, and if it does fall off, alls we need is THREE zipties, member...

ya thought so...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.