Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Boxxer 2006!

1K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Deweydude 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
.downhillfaster. said:
Did the review happen to say how much oil it leaked? Because it could actually get lighter as your run progresses. They should just put in a quick fill spout on the top of the legs...
I'm hoping you're wrong. I swore never to buy another RS product again, but based on the things I've been hearing about the new SRAM stuff I went ahead and ordered a Pike Team the other day for my new SS. Time will tell, but the Pike is actually getting better reviews (many from people who voiced the same concerns over past RS issues) than the 36...

I sure hope they're right

#6 ·
Godzilla said:
I'm hoping you're wrong. I swore never to buy another RS product again, but based on the things I've been hearing about the new SRAM stuff I went ahead and ordered a Pike Team the other day for my new SS. Time will tell, but the Pike is actually getting better reviews (many from people who voiced the same concerns over past RS issues) than the 36...

I sure hope they're right
dude the pike team is by far the best fork. i havent had any problem with mine yet ive had it for 4 months now. its insanely adjustable. all in all its a sweet fork.

#7 ·
.downhillfaster. said:
Did the review happen to say how much oil it leaked? Because it could actually get lighter as your run progresses. They should just put in a quick fill spout on the top of the legs...
Way to talk with some common sense. The new air boxxer is a step toward the future of DH suspension technology. And to whoever said a sub 30lbs DH bike, thats way off. Maybe you could get an orange 224 to come in at sub 34, but even thats pushing it with front and rear air suspension.

#14 ·
I don't get Motion Control. Thats proabobly because Im not a Downhill racer. The fork seems rediculously awesome, but to me, it seems like a bunch of maintanince, and not the ride for me. Im sure motion control and the air spring is a nice ride...but to me its sketch. I'm all about the dual coil and oil. Marzocchi w00tz.

#20 ·
Acadian said:
and why do you think it would require MORE maintenance than any other DH fork?

and please no "well it's a BoXXer..."
I'm going to go ahead and say im almost certain that it will require less maintenance than 90% of the forks out there. There are no springs in either leg that can get lodged out of place. With no springs there will be no metal on metal contact meaning that oil will stay much cleaner for much longer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.