Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Both are fine...

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Leh-Ver

Votes: 25 67.6%

Help me settle a debate...

2K views 36 replies 26 participants last post by  *OneSpeed* 
#1 ·
I watch a fellow bike rider on YouTube, he posts videos on how to fix your bikes. Recently we debated the way to say "Lever". He says it's pronounced "Lee-ver". I say it's pronounced "La-ver". So for some fun, your take on it?

#6 ·
You probably say never as ne-ver, you probably don't say neever. So you probably say lever, vs. leever.

The e on the end of the lev does not make a hard e as this complete word is not a word that exists with the ending r. it is not Leve and when you use the leve you lever. If that was the case it would be leever. However this is a standalone word so it is pronounced the same as never, though certainly region dialects exist and so do mispronunciations .

#18 ·
Because I wasted my time clicking this link, I'll waste time also by saying this thread has no leverage on, well on anything.

You say tomato I say tomato.
Wait, what did I say?

Why is this even a question?
If you don't like the way it's stated and ended up in a debate, stop watching the YouTube channel, or if you prefer it, move to that country so you can blend in with everybody else that says it that way.

#25 ·
Sounds likes an Aussie or NZ'er, "leave-er". Put more leave-rage on those cranks!! LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.