Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where to look?

652 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mbmb65 
#1 ·
Been in the market for a used hardtail and coming up short. Been on Local CL, Let go, offer up, and pinkbike. Pink bike I thought would be the best but most are local pickup only or many don’t ever respond back. If anyone has any other ideas please share. Was originally looking for a nice trail bike in the 2K range but switched to something to ride around my neighborhood and will look for the nicer bike when bikes get more readily available. Thanks for any help

#5 ·
it would be worthwhile to get on FB just for the marketplace. it's much better than Craiglist.

There is most likely a local or regional mountain bike forum and FB pages where people discuss trails and swap bike parts. go find that and you'll find much better stuff.

as has been discussed MANY times recently, the used market is tough for buyers right now. the pandemic has a lot of people at home with a sudden new passion for cycling. this means that bike shops can't keep bikes in stock and individuals are selling their used bikes for much more than they expected.

#7 ·
it would be worthwhile to get on FB just for the marketplace. it's much better than Craiglist.

There is most likely a local or regional mountain bike forum and FB pages where people discuss trails and swap bike parts. go find that and you'll find much better stuff.
Chicago area mountain bikers (CAMBR) has had a facebook group with mountain bikes/parts/etc. listed for sale at one point. I don't know if that is still a thing, but worth checking out

#6 ·
#8 ·
desperate times call for mail order. normally, I'd say get to your lbs but the local lbs are selling their inventory before UPS delivers.

www.bikesdirect.com

I know a few people who've had good experiences with Bikes Direct.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.