Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

did a little riding

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  rev106 
#1 ·
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle wheel

got way up on them hills, did a 45 mile loop w/6300 feet of grunt. Not on purpose but we all ride vintage but one guy w/ a walmart scwhinn who kept up just fine by the way...

See less See more
#12 ·
Unbelievable! How did you manage to have any fun without full suspension, 29+, disk brakes, carbon frame, dropper post and 1X12?

I feel so sorry for you :p
By the way, this was 100% sarcastic.

7/8" seatposts FTW

I sold my prewar before moving to Germany 4 years ago... regretting it.

Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle frame

#8 ·
Droppers.

This is the VRC forum, can I be cranky and say if one more person tells me they can't imagine even riding without one and they just know if I get one I'll immediately agree, I'm gonna punch them in the junk?

Looks like a fun day, good on ya!
It's okay. The same people that can't imagine riding sans dropper are the same that can't imagine riding 50 miles of back country mountain passes and stopping for lunch at a peak to take in the scenery.

Of course, to them "vintage" means 2005-2015, single speed is synonymous with "dirt jumper" and a mountain biking "adventure" means you had to go to 4 different websites to find the right bottom bracket.

I turn 50 tomorrow, so I'm getting my "cantankerous old coot old" in anticipation. Sigh.

Grumps

#7 ·
View attachment 1332237

got way up on them hills, did a 45 mile loop w/6300 feet of grunt. Not on purpose but we all ride vintage but one guy w/ a walmart scwhinn who kept up just fine by the way...
Dude, you're an animal! That's a serious ride.

What is the blue cruiser style bike? I think I've seen it before, but it's very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
it has been around.

Dude, you're an animal! That's a serious ride.

What is the blue cruiser style bike? I think I've seen it before, but it's very nice!

thanks, here are some more pictures.

cook cruiser w/ old bendix two speed manual. We have two b-stones, a fat chance, a walmar schwinn hybrid with a 74 year old badass on it, and some old ti bike a mclean or mc cloud?? not sure on that one.

Tire Wheel Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel

Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle wheel rim

Road Mountainous landforms Mountain range Infrastructure Highland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.