Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Upgrading Tips

423 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  inneed 
#1 ·
I've had a 2019 Diamondback Atroz 2 for about a few weeks now. I don't really like the Suntour XCM Fork it has so I am looking to upgrade. I'm not sure which fork to upgrade to, my budget for the fork is around 200$, so any tips would be appreciated.
One "issue" is that this bike has the Acera Shadow derailleur, which seems to be doing fine and not dropping the chain, but it seems to shift a bit worse than other derailleurs that I've seen on YouTube. But I haven't actually used a more expensive one, so I don't know if this would be a worthwhile upgrade. When comparing the Acera Shadow to, the Deore M6000, for example, is there a noticeable difference?
I'm also looking to get a dropper post, but I don't know if I can afford all three upgrades. Which of these upgrades, in your opinion, would be the best for me to get?
Thanks so much guys!

#2 ·
I would say that out of all your upgrade options that the suspension fork and the derailleur upgrades seem to be the most logical to me, however, I don't like or use suspension forks at all, and I know that many do love them and use them but you'll probably have to do a lot of research cause for any significant difference you're probably looking at much more than 200 for that type of upgrade, cause I think the xcm is in that price point (hopefully someone much more knowledgable will answer you on that point). And in regards to the derailleur, YES there is a significant difference between your acera shadow and the deore m6000, first of all I think that the deore is the first in the shimano line up that is actually considered a real trail derailleur (i think), and the derailleur, in my opinion, is incredible, and last but not least shifting and anything to do with your transmission is always a good upgrade to make. I think both a rear derailleur or a suspension is undeniably a more important upgrade than the dropper seat post for many reasons. this is all in my humble opinion. good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.