Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

portable scale to weight bike?

2K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  Scott O 
#1 ·
what's a good portable scale to weigh bike?
can you guys recommend one?

#9 ·
I use a Feedback Sports digital scale but that might be too much for Picard. Instead, just look for a luggage scale for $5-10. That's what I used before I picked up my other scale. It works great even though the handle is very tiny.

#21 ·
Gotta' say I just don't get the bike weighing thing. Sure, pay attention to the parts you chose (weight-wise), but then assemble the bike and it ends up where it ends up. Weighing the bike after you've paid for and assembled it - like what are you going to do about it? Get rid of those $120 carbon bars for bars 10g lighter for another $150 ???

There is no way around it. After trying hundreds of bike set ups and changing things I've found if you want to ride your bike hard on challenging terrain you've got to take on the grams. Tires, rims/wheels/hubs, shocks, brakes, dropper post.

Where I try to save a bit of weight with no performance loss are by going with carbon bars, carbon rims (albeit heavy duty flavor), higher end cranks, and higher end cassettes.

Not saying my way is the right way, just that's what works for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.