Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

cool features you bike or cycling gear has you've forgotten about

1K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  atarione 
#1 ·
my osprey hydration pack has a cleverly hidden zippered compartment with a rain cover i'd forgotten about since i purchased it.

i just noticed it again today.

what gear do you own that has neat little tricks you've forgotten about or rarely use?

Electric blue Sports jersey

See less See more
#3 ·
A magnet on my hydration back's chest strap and another magnet near the bite valve. Makes grabbing a sip so easy.

#8 ·
Clearly a feature from the time before bluetooth. I resisted bluetooth so long (need to keep charged etc.) and even on airplane flights I used the wired ones. always tangling up, getting pulled out of the socket, cable broken etc. that got even wore when airplanes broadcasted videos over Wifi instead of their own screens.
Same at work listening to podcasts, or just standing int he kitchen watching youtube.

Finally realized we now can get $30 bluetooth headphones that last 12 hours on a charge.

#9 ·
I just found a neat little button on my SRAM NX 11 derailleur that holds it in place to release the tension from the chain when you're working on it. Pretty fancy.

I also discovered a little valve on my Rock Shox underneath the cap that says, "Air." If you push the little pin, all the air releases from your fork. Remind me not to touch that one again.

#13 ·
I just found a neat little button on my SRAM NX 11 derailleur that holds it in place to release the tension from the chain when you're working on it. Pretty fancy.

I also discovered a little valve on my Rock Shox underneath the cap that says, "Air." If you push the little pin, all the air releases from your fork. Remind me not to touch that one again.
Took me a while to find that too. I have always been a shimano guy.

#17 ·
I have a magnet arrangement for hydration bladders I like so much that I've been moving it to new packs for years. I forget what pack it came from. the magnet can be positioned along the sternum strap so the tube can be placed however you like it. Really flexible way of doing it.

I have 2 bikes with bottle openers. I never use them. If I have beer, it's usually in cans these days. The bottle openers are just novelty anymore.

I think I've used the rain fly on my EVOC pack once in the couple years I owned it. It took being dumped on for half an hour before I remembered it was there. I pulled it out, but the "damage" was pretty much done already.

#18 ·
my OG Surly Krampus has a trail bike, a bike packing bike, a gravel bike, a BMX bike, and a paved trail bike all hidden in it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.