Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Are the Formula Cura 4 brakes worth a try? My opinion on them and few questions.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Stanek 
#1 ·
Hi! I just got a new to me bike (specialized enduro expert 29 2017 almost stock)
I have Cura 4 brakes with a Hope 203/180 rotors and

1. The rear brake caliper rubs on joints on a rotor
  2. This is a cause of frame but the Quick Connect or how it is called is useless cause the connector is too long and it cant make a bend.
  3. To be honest. I had old Avid X0 Trail and I liked them but the Cura brakes are definitely better but I also had Hope Tech 3 V4 and E4 and in my opinion. They were better, they had that something, the bite was different and better, I feel that they had better power and modulation.
SO I'm standing here and can't decide to give them a bit more time, try with other pads, give them a full rebuild (cause I just can't bleed them properly (where I could make my avid's and hope's feel PERFECT))
OR I can sell them and buy something like Sram g2 RS (or maybe RSC) or Codes R/RSC as I liked the old Avids. Or go something new like Shigura (i never liked the snappiness of Shimano's but maybe it is time) with new SLX lever and MT5 caliper. Maybe you suggest something.

So the final question is
Is it worth to give Cura 4 brakes another try?
What can be an upgrade?
Any tips on bleeding Cura brakes?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.