Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Pre-2000 C'Dale F-frame Can I ask your advise?

784 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  MendonCycleSmith 
#1 ·
I have an F-series frameset I picked up somewhere along the way..

What would be a decent fork set to put on this that won't set me back three months worth of pay?

There are a few Headshoks on eBay, and I have some Headshok parts.. but would rather not waste them on a build, rather keep them for spares for my Super V's..

This is just going to be a daily rider.. paved trailways, some two-tracks.

#2 ·
Are you looking for a rigid or suspension fork? What was the original travel and axle to crown length?

You probably already know you'll need an adapter to run a standard 1 1/8" fork, or a tapered fork.

Also, pics always make a thread better. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Original fork was most likely 70mm travel. A Fatty70 Headshok.

Axle to crown length? No idea at the moment, I could measure it when I get home. And yes, I'm looking for a suspension fork. I know, I know.. the older M series frame had a rigid fork, but it also had different head tube geometry.

Reducers are readily available from Cane Creek to take it down to 1&1/8"

Thanks for the reply. I'll get back to you with that measurement.

I also need to make sure if the left side of the axle dropout will accept a disc brake mount. That could go either way based on what year the frame is. And will also limit me to what forks I can use.

#6 ·
Headshocks were 480 a2c, as were the original DLR ti Leftys.

If you own one, or three, why not just put a Headshock on? Simpler than doing a conversion, and then putting on a price oriented fork, which will be heavier, and less functional, than anything you have laying around already.
Well, because I don't have a spare fork laying around. There's a couple guys on the Facebook page that say they're gonna clean out the garage attic.. but I never hear anything. I offered to buy one of them out if they'd put a number on it.. I know he has a big tote of shocks and rebuild kits..

There are a few Headshoks on fleabay, maybe this guy I know in upstate NY would help me out if I needed it..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.