Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

vintage '97 Santa Cruz heckler

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  milehi 
#1 ·
Have a '97 Santa Cruz Heckler in nice condition. Size Large (18"), Trans Red/chrome swing arm. Original docuementation. No rust. Value and recommendations to list for sale? Need the room in my garage.

#3 ·
A beat up one with a much worse fork sold on ebay for $350 recently.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Santa-Cruz-Heckler-/143330030640

I think you could get quite a bit more because this one if there's still some demand for them. This is spec'd better, is a better color, and in incomparable condition. But, older 26in bikes are not getting a lot of love these days, unless there's some unobtanium feature on yours, I'm not an expert on older SC's, so I'd recommend getting another opinion, but I wouldn't expect anything crazy for it. I might list it at $600 and see if it sticks, but I'd also wait for someone else to chime in before posting it anywhere.

#4 ·
But, older 26in bikes are not getting a lot of love these days....
Well.. this needs some nuance: it depends on the 26in bike. A Fat Chance Yo Eddy w/ original BOI fork will raise the kind of money an aluminium full suspension 26in bike from the late 90s won´t. Having said that the OP did not protest and just asked for evaluation... i would throw it to the lions on the bay and see what happens.
OR... i would part it out and sell it. I bet it would bring more cash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.