Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Weds. Early Bird Ride?

663 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  cdub 
#1 ·
Anybody up for an early bird ride on Weds. around 5:30 am? SoMo would work best for me because I work down that way, but I could probably swing T100 also.

#8 ·
Good ride fellers. Nice meeting ya Richard and Stu
Fletch was the DH master of the morning showing us how it's done on the bermuda triangle and laying down nice lines for me when I could keep up.

Attachments

#9 ·
Great ride for me

YuriB said:
Fletch was the DH master of the morning showing us how it's done on the bermuda triangle and laying down nice lines for me when I could keep up.
Yes, Fletch was "most impressive" I was sure he was going to OTB after doing that big drop after trackstanding at the top of the rock. I figured you needed some momentum to stay on the bike.

Excellent ride, good to go with people that are better riders than me. I gained a lot of confidence after (successfully) trying some stuff I don't normally do. I've mostly just been doing trails that are challenging from a cardio standpoint to try and get ready for TotWM, this was a good push towards the more technical stuff. Still nothing like the serious downhill trails on SoMo, but more than I'm used to.

Now if I can just push the "Titus Moto-lite" through my household finance department :D

Thanks for the invite...l8r.

Richard

#10 ·
Good times

YuriB said:
What Yuri graciously left out of his summary is the amount of wait time y'all gave me just to get up the hill. I'll admit it, I was sucking wind pretty bad -- thanks for having patience.

Excellent ride. That's a nice way to start a day. It was good meeting you guys. We'll have to hook up for another ride soon... (In the meantime I will continue to work on my fitness to avoid having such a large container of whoop-ass opened on me again.)

Stu :cool:

#11 ·
YuriB said:
Yep, nice ride - though it sucks getting up, it is just GREAT getting these early rides in. Plus, that "scenery" we encountered was nice... :D

Thanks for showing up, Geoff... :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.