Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

American Breezer Year?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  albatros38 
#1 ·
This American Breezer was donated to our all-volunteer charity. For the past six years we have given over 2500 (yes, 2500) refurbished bikes each year to the needy in the Rochester NY area. We have also provided about 4000 free repairs to the community each year. We sell items like this to help to pay our expenses. Check us out at http://www.rcommunitybikes.org

We just got this American Breezer but I'm not sure about the year i was sold. I Know it's 1987-1990. The serial number is B8024. It is Full XT except for LX hubs. The rear dropout is solid and does not have a separate derailleur hanger that I have seen on some photos.

If this is the appropriate place to ask about value, that would be helpful. If this is not the right forum, please direct this newbie to the proper place to ask that question. Thanks in advance for your comments.

PS, not sure about how many pics I can upload for a thread. More available.

Fred for R Community Bikes Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim
Bicycle tire Blue Automotive tire Bicycle wheel rim Rim
Bicycle part Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle accessory Logo
Bicycle wheel rim Spoke Bicycle tire Rim Bicycle part
Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Synthetic rubber Bicycle accessory
Metal Steel Household hardware Aluminium Nut

See less See more
#2 ·
All I can say is I picked up an American M16 several years back, with the matching stem, XT kit, for under $500.

Can't speak to what added or lost value being a Breezer brings to the table, but I'd say safely $4 to 500 would be reasonable, and be willing to dicker if you get a hot buyer who's waffling a bit.

Nice that someone gave that up to you guys, most of the stuff I get for you isn't nearly that awesome! =:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.