Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Brown County Trail Recovery

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  s0ckeyeus 
#1 ·
I'm getting ready to head to Brown County for a few days with a bunch of friends next week and I was curious as to how quickly the trails there recover after a good rain. I see there were been some trail closures during and after the last heavy rains and want to gauge whether we'll be able to enjoy the trails or not. The weather report for the next seven days seems reasonable enough, but we want to make sure the 6.5 hour trip isn't in vain.

Blue Green Yellow Colorfulness Text

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#2 ·
I just checked out the Brown County Mountain Biking FB page and learned Hobbs Hollow will be under trail work the weekend we're there. That's a bit of a bummer. I've ridden at BCSP a couple of times but never got a chance to hit that one. C'est la vie.

#5 ·
I'm local to the area and road today. Trails were great. Everything is green and sucking water out of the trails so there drying great. Hobbs is trashed after the early storms. Schooner was great today. I got done and home when some more rain started moving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
FWIW, the trip to Brown County was flat out awesome. Trails were pretty dry on Thurs. Got a thunderstorm Thursday evening and the trails were a bit slick in some places during the afternoon on Friday, but drying out. By Saturday afternoon, the trails were fast and tacky, just perfect. Logged a hair over 70 miles. Unfortunately Hobbs Hollow was still closed, but that gives a reason to go back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.