Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help ID an old Specialized Hybrid

674 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  carito86 
#1 ·
Hey guys / gals,

I bought this Specialized Rockhopper hybrid bike cheap on a gamble I could fix it up. Any ideas on the year / model? My goal is to change out the chain, pedals, and brake pads for sure right away.

Before getting too far in your opinion(s) on how realistic it is to fix up this bike? Has anyone done a similar modification project on this or other Specialized models? How much might I be looking at price wise throwing at this bike?

Condition:
It's working ok after riding it around the streets a few days. I'm not crazy about the old school, gear system that turns on the handlebars, and the gears aren't shifting terribly, but it is a little sticky with some combinations. The brake pads are dried out and need to be changed. Front brakes don't hardly work at all. Back brakes are fine. My feet slip of the pedals as they don't have any sort of traction.

A friend suggested I put slick tires on it for the type of use/commuting I want to use it for.

I am by no means a bike guru. I'm a beginner. I built one bike with the help of a friend, but I'm motivated to learn. Help a sister out and let's see what happens.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.