Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Relapse

663 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  northy185 
#1 ·
Earlier this winter, I got a wild thought in my head.

What if I put gears on my bike? - and just like that the seed was planted. All I could think about was how good my last 10 speed drive train was, and the fact that my geared road bike has (*knock wood*) been bullet proof.

So off I went to put a 1x10 group on the bike. Short cage derailleur with a tightish cassette because hey, I'm a singlespeeder and goddamit I can stand on my climbs.

Put everything on and got it shifting to my taste (I'm neurotic when it comes to bike setup) and life was good. Once the snow melts we'll get down with it and I'll be the envy of my peers.

Anyway, skip to today and I get another wild hair to work on my wheelie technique so that I can learn to manual. As I'm wheelie'ing the bike around, I realize that I can hear chain noise when I really hammer on the cranks in a couple particular gears. After trying multiple things to see what the cause was, all I could come up with was the chain line in those cogs.

At that minute, I awoke from my stupor and realized what I had done.

I put the 10 speed stuff in a closet and my faithful (*knock wood*) Rohloff is back where it belongs.

Tonight, I will begin a rigorous schedule of self flagelation as repentance for my sins.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.