Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Whistler Rentals

394 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Nagaredama 
#1 ·
Stopping by Whistler for a Day or two while in BC and am looking for a good place to rent a bike. Whistler's website only lists a Kona Stab for $99cad. Any other places worth looking into? Gonna be riding the lifts so a big boy bike is required.

#2 ·
FrontRanger said:
Stopping by Whistler for a Day or two while in BC and am looking for a good place to rent a bike. Whistler's website only lists a Kona Stab for $99cad. Any other places worth looking into? Gonna be riding the lifts so a big boy bike is required.
I was there in Sept, and that's what I did. It was the last week they were open, I was outfitted with bike, pads, helmet, lift ticket for ~$100 (US). Did it at the shop right next to the lift.

Have fun!

#3 ·
Debaser said:
I was there in Sept, and that's what I did. It was the last week they were open, I was outfitted with bike, pads, helmet, lift ticket for ~$100 (US). Did it at the shop right next to the lift.

Have fun!
Really? The lift ticket alone is 30something so that doesn't seem too bad. Just isn't worth it to drag my ride all the way to BC for a day or two on the lifts.

#4 ·
FrontRanger said:
Really? The lift ticket alone is 30something so that doesn't seem too bad. Just isn't worth it to drag my ride all the way to BC for a day or two on the lifts.
Well, that's how I remember it... I don't know how currancy rates are today vs. then, but prolly close to the same (seems that 130 cdn = 100 us?). I definately got my money's worth with zero lines that day, and a scar to remember it all by.

#5 ·
FrontRanger said:
I was just at Whistler last week and rented from Summit. I got a RMX with a Jr. T on the front for $99 CAD and pads for $30 CAD. I went with them because I'm 6'6" and they had the biggest bikes. If you are avarage height both Evolution and Fanatyk have better bikes for the same price. Evolution has a couple med. Demo 8's and a med. VP free. They are both $100CAD. Fanatyk has Norco's.

http://www.whistleroutfitters.com/mountain-bike-rentals.html

If you have any questions let me know. When I was there Garbonzo wasn't open during the week but that should be changing soon.

Scott

#7 ·
FrontRanger said:
Scott, thanks for the additional info. I am all of 5'6" so any small bikes will do me well. Looking for VP Free, Big Hit, Demo, or basically anything with tons of squish as it will be a nice little break from my chameleon.
You're good to go. If you get a bike with a Marz on the front make sure it has the HSCV dampening. By the end of the day my arms were toast from washboards and the Jr. T's crappy high speed compression dampening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.