Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Fix it and post it! Let's see what you run for fun

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  WAvery 
#1 ·
Everyone has a lazy SS, what kind of fixies are out there?

I run a left-hand drive 1996 Sworks with XTR 952 cranks (165mm), 42x21t gearing, XTR 952 V-brake and lever, Thompson post and stem with an Ibis Ti bar. Still rocking Speedplay amber frog pedals, and Pulstar front hub with Ti spokes and WTB Powerbeam rim. I use this bike to pull my BOB trailer when I do trail work, or when I think my local trails are not challenging enough.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel

Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle tire Bicycle part Spoke Bicycle

See less See more
#3 ·
Gunnar Streetdog. Horrible name for what was CX geometry at the time. I've thought about getting some decals that say "Hurt Dog" or "Fixed Dog".

I've ridden it fixed a little on mild singletrack. Despite appearances in this photo, this is very mild doubletrack.

Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle wheel rim

#4 ·
Everyone has a lazy SS, what kind of fixies are out there?

I run a left-hand drive 1996 Sworks with XTR 952 cranks (165mm), 42x21t gearing, XTR 952 V-brake and lever, Thompson post and stem with an Ibis Ti bar. Still rocking Speedplay amber frog pedals, and Pulstar front hub with Ti spokes and WTB Powerbeam rim. I use this bike to pull my BOB trailer when I do trail work, or when I think my local trails are not challenging enough.

View attachment 1216791

View attachment 1216792
I love the creativity with this one! Only halfed cross my mind in the past, but never to run fixed with the disc mounting. Do you run your cleats reversed as well? or how do you get around the pedals being mounted "backwards" essentially.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.