Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

ROS 9+ Rigid to 120mm

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  slohr 
#1 ·
Hey guys, going to pull the plug and run my awesome ROS with a squishy fork (yuck) and 2.4 tires for a while. Need to give my slowly recovering shoulder a break.
Question: I'm alarmed this Fox 32 fork seems about 3" taller than the current rigid fork. I think I'm at 69° now; will this longer fork make my bike steer like a semi? It's been a change just going from my hold 71 (I guess) head tube to the 69. I do like the 69 steering in the rough though. Any suggestions or input appreciated.

#6 ·
I've been following your posts when I was interested in getting this bike. And seeing you run a sus fork caused me to consider it. I got this Fox as a "closet cleanout" kind of thing. Just wish I could run my big wheels. I do really like the rigid ride though, and am hoping I can get back to that simplicity at some point. Sure my shoulder will appreciate not getting the unsuspecting "bang."

#7 ·
I got the Manitou pretty cheap as 100mm is not real popular in this heavy of a fork but as a clyde I don't mind and I don't think I'd want to run much more suspension with a true plus tire. Measured the HTA last night 67 unsagged, I'm sure it's back to normal when I'm on it.
I'm pretty much healed now but no real inclination to go back to rigid as yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.