Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

need help peicing together a drive train.

986 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Mark194 
#1 ·
my bike is a 2013 kona splice setup with a 3x8 system. right now I've got a 16t cog conversion kit, a black spire stinger,( as my chain tensioner), narrow chain ring nuts, kmc 710 half link chain and a blackspire 96mm abcd narrow wide m8000 ring gear. problem being the asymmetrical bolt pattern.

now I was told half links aren't that good of a chain to have and that with singe speed a narrow wide isn't needed, but I am limited to a 96mm bcd with my current shimano m612.

#3 ·
Ya just there isn't a whole lot of selection with 96mm bcd. narrow wide is my only option feesably. And that i bought the m8000 chain ring itd be cheaper in the long run to get the boost spec crank set.( on the principle of building a boost spec as hardtail in the future)

so I'd like and think that using boost cranks with a ss will work. Since boost would need less outward shiming for proper chain line right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.