Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Recommendations for a 32 t Chainring for use with an 8 speed chain

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  mack_turtle 
#1 ·
...seems they are getting hard to find. Since Boone and HBC are long gone, is anyone else making boutique Chainrings?

#6 ·
I have not had a problem with a NW chain ring and the $10 KMC X8.93 8-speed chain. After years of running Blackspire Mono Veloce and HBC chain rings on the RF Turbine cranks I used on my Jabberwocky, I am thinking that the OneUp Components NW chain ring I have been running on my Unit is actually lasting longer than any of the traditional toothed chain rings I ran in the past. Maybe its the extra width of every other tooth on a NW ring.

Part of the reason I switched to the Sram crank and DM rings, I was also having problems finding nice 5-bolt SS rings for my RF Turbine cranks.

#11 ·
Thanks to all for all the replies. There are a lot of great Aluminum chainrings available, I was looking for something to replace my Titanium HBC ring with something more like what Boone and HBC were making in the past. It's just a preference. It seems that there may not be any small U.S. builders making these types of Ti parts today, but my search continues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.