Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Off topic.....what ya all doing on the last day of the year

889 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mtnbikej 
#1 ·
Me? I am sitting in my house in southern Iowa staying warm. It is a balmy 19 below zero this morning with light winds. I just built a new set of wheels and really want to go out to the garage and install them so I can dish them on my bike but even though my garage is insulated......I don't think my kerosene heater can keep up. I may just keep anticipating all the beer I am going to drink and the tales I am going to tell at my buddies tonight with my family.

Rim Wire Hardwood Cable Circle
Bicycle wheel rim Wheel Bicycle tire Spoke Rim

See less See more
#2 ·
I rode yesterday to close out the year.
Today I’m finishing up the de-Christmasification and cleaning the bike for tomorrow’s New Year ride.

It’s prime riding season here in AZ. Morning temps in the 50s, highs in the 70s.

#4 ·
That was my plan also, to build some wheels for the summer. I recently purchased an x-tools truing stand, which is the same as the Bikehand Y512N (stamped on the uprights) for Christmas. I have the parts on hand and could be productive. Unfortunately, I have a cold and it's so cold outside that I'm moping about basically and singularly involved in damage control of the 5 yr old. That said, the hot toddy I made for myself is nice. :)

#10 ·
-15F yesterday, -14F this morning in Plymouth, MN...still have a cold, staying inside with my warm drinks. I've gone biking the last couple years in this cold, but not this weekend unfortunately.

Happy New Year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.