Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Wheel advice.

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  notso 
#1 ·
I need some advice about a stiffer wheel set. My current wheels are a bit flexy on corners under my weight, I'm 276 Pounds (125 kilo for the rest of the world). I don't really wanna go carbon due to the high price point and I kinda feel like I won't get as long of life from them. I would prefer to be in the $600 to $800 range. Also my bike runs QR so if that helps with the advice.

#8 ·
Check out some suggestion from the Clyde forum.

...or the tandem forum.

If there are any wheels that can take a beating, those people will know. Our old 26er tandem still uses low-priced 36-hole Rhyno Lite rims on XT hubs. We're not really hard on them, but the front wheel still gets abused (no manuals on a tandem - you just smash over stuff) Search comparable wheels and you should do OK.

-F

#9 ·
I'll second Mikesee @ lacemine29. crazy fast turnaround (even if initial contact can be a little hit or miss). I'm also a clyde and considering what I just paid for a rear (with DT350 hub), I think he can probably fix you up with a set for your $800 price point (or less).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.