Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Imagine a post about a ride with PICS!!!!

857 views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  cycljunkie 
#1 ·
Had a nice little ride last night to celebrate new jobs and earn the beers we were to consume post ride. Every manner of bikes from a maiden voyage on a Morewoord 7'' to my ghetto SS that temporarily become a fixtie. Saw my second rattler of the week and the season. It was damn nice out.
Day turned to evening and evening turned to night.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
ynotgobig said:
that looks fun. sweet pics. ive never ridden at night before.
thanks. night riding is sweet and necessary around here in the summer. you outta give it a whirl sometime. you can pic-up a decent low end nightrider system relatively cheap.

#6 ·
Sweet!

AZ Mikey said:
I think this is my favorite night ride picture that I've taken. I used a mini tripod and an 8 second exposure.
I've seen that one before - didn't know that was your handywork. I've thought about getting a tripod but I feel like I already carry enough. What kind of tripod?

#9 ·
SunDog said:
....how do we really know you saw a rattle snake? :D

Killer photography, you are definately developing a knack for taking pictures that capture the essence of riding.
Funny you should say that cuz noone else saw it....... Either I scared it back into the bushes or the smog is makin me hallucinate - both are equally likely ;-)

#10 ·
YuriB said:
I've seen that one before - didn't know that was your handywork. I've thought about getting a tripod but I feel like I already carry enough. What kind of tripod?
I use an Ultrpod II that I've had for years. It folds up small enough to carry in a Camelbak, can be strapped to a tree/post, and is very adjustable.

Fletch F. Fletch said:
Nicely done AZ. BTW, where is that exactly?
This is between the upper and lower waterfall on National.

#12 ·
Nice Pics...

Yuri,

The tricks and techniques will come with practice and experience. What you have that generally can't be learned is an "eye" for an interesting or thought provoking image, which is why I always look forward to your ride posts.

Keep it up! Give me a holler about riding together sometime too.

John W.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.