Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

'04 Liquid 25 - Crankset Upgrade Question

515 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  vertius 
#1 ·
Should I replace the Bontrager crankset with my XTR M952 crankset?? One local dealer said not to bother. I know I would need to change the BB. I am just trying to see what I can use from my OCLV. I have a bunch of XT/XTR components laying around. I know I won't be able to use most of it, so I will probably sell them. Thanks!!

#3 · (Edited)
SummitCountyRider said:
Why will you not be able to use them? I have a 2004 Liquid 25 that I plan to upgrade eventually. Is there something I should know? Also, are you using the stock Black Elite SPV?
For instance, I have older XT and XTR shifters with integrated brake levers. I will need to get seperate shifters to replace the LX shifters. I might be able to reuse the XTR FD (901). I have to check the clamp size and I am not sure of which pull I have.

I also have an XTR RD and I will have to check to see if that will work. It might be an 8-speed. Since we have the XT RD I'm in no rush to replace it yet.

I am still using the stock Black Elite SPV.

The goal would be to replace the LX shifters, front & rear derailleur, and crankset. I might wait for everything to crap out first, but I wouldn't mind to start with the crankset and FD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.