Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Canfield Bikes

3K views 39 replies 18 participants last post by  shizi dizi 
#1 ·
All I can say is WOW and a big WOW at that. We rode today on WCH's bike. The thing was very solid. A bad bearing makes a whale of a difference. The bike is real staple at high speed and WCH says it rivals the stiffness of his Foes. The longer wheel base make it easier going over bumps and tech sections.

Mad props to thier customer service. WCH got new bearings without even calling them.

Lance what a great bike.

#2 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
All I can say is WOW and a big WOW at that. We rode today on WCH's bike. The thing was very solid. A bad bearing makes a whale of a difference. The bike is real staple at high speed and WCH says it rivals the stiffness of his Foes. The longer wheel base make it easier going over bumps and tech sections.

Mad props to thier customer service. WCH got new bearings without even calling them.

Lance what a great bike.
pictures damnit!!!!!

#6 ·
after the kinks were worked out, the new bike performed like a real champ.a whole different monster than last weekend. the first real thing i noticed and thought was really sweet was the low standover. short legged peeps like me wanna throw down too on a bike that dosen't ride up all in your nuts. you short guys know what i mean....

the rearward arcing travel that chris would not stop raving about over the phone on our numerous conversations, really did proove to be all the hype. i had the chance to notice this, as i may happen to case a jump or two on occasion. i noticed that it was easier than normal to maintain speed thru rhythm lines if i cliped a jump here or there and the bike didn't get hung up on the big square edgers....

and now on to the stiffness.. the only real difference i could tell between the canfield and my mono was the difference in wheelbase......

well, that's enough raving for now, i have to save some for later...

thanks for the hook up chris and lance....

#7 ·
.WestCoastHucker. said:
after the kinks were worked out, the new bike performed like a real champ.a whole different monster than last weekend. the first real thing i noticed and thought was really sweet was the low standover. short legged peeps like me wanna throw down too on a bike that dosen't ride up all in your nuts. you short guys know what i mean....

the rearward arcing travel that chris would not stop raving about over the phone on our numerous conversations, really did proove to be all the hype. i had the chance to notice this, as i may happen to case a jump or two on occasion. i noticed that it was easier than normal to maintain speed thru rhythm lines if i cliped a jump here or there and the bike didn't get hung up on the big square edgers....

and now on to the stiffness.. the only real difference i could tell between the canfield and my mono was the difference in wheelbase......

well, that's enough raving for now, i have to save some for later...

thanks for the hook up chris and lance....
oh yeah and i have a glass picture and 40

#11 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Hey C_S...where are the pictures??? :confused: :confused:
At home. I resized a bunch last night, but haven't had time to send or post any. I have to pick some stuff up in about an hour, so I'll try and run home to get them out to you guys. Patience. Oh, and Alloy wins for best pics for the day (especially after I cropped you out of 'em). You'll see.......eventually

#16 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Seems a little ironic you know? I mean no he didn't call, but maybe if he called up to say "Hey, WTHeck, my bike stinks... Whaddup?" couldv'e maybe gotten things squared without all the youknowhwat..

Just seems funny to me..

Well, all's well that ends well, right?

#18 ·
goridewrx said:
Seems a little ironic you know? I mean no he didn't call, but maybe if he called up to say "Hey, WTHeck, my bike stinks... Whaddup?" couldv'e maybe gotten things squared without all the youknowhwat..

Just seems funny to me..

Well, all's well that ends well, right?
Yeah we mentioned he was a dumbass.

hahah just kidding man.

Really none of us expected a blown bearing... the bike was brand new. Everyone who looked at it thought it was a flexy metal link. Which were about 8 people... After that many bs confirmations it would be hard for anyone to think for themselves what's really going on. Had he not posted on the internet he may of never thought to look and the bike could have just been sold. So anyways it worked out in the end.

#24 ·
Those F1's look so bad ass.........but man, in those pics, it almost looks like a twig compared to your Mono.

Glad it all worked out WCH.........

All you Grape Apes out there take note!:

I inquired with the Cornfields about whether they intend on building the F1's in more than one size, specifically a large, for meatheads like me.

The answer was yes.......they will have large front triangles in the late summer or fall.

TT length will be in the 22" - 24.5" range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.