Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

D3 helmet sizing??

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  shwinn8 
#1 ·
Hey. So I went to view a second hand D3 yesterday (which I bought). The thing is though, it's a size Large (58 - 59 cm), and I own a A1 which is XL/XXL (60 - 62 cm) which was a concern before viewing it. But the Large D3 seems to fit well, doesn't move around at all but doesn't feel too tight, slightly tight but not uncomfortable. When buying the A1, I ordered a size M/L and L/XL to try on each and the Medium A1 definitely felt a bit small.

Is it possible that I could be a different size in the D3? Or is it more likely that it's the wrong size for me?

Cheers

#2 ·
If it feels like it fits properly, then it probably does. It's possible the helmets sizing is different, just like how you could ride a large DH bike from company A, and a medium trail bike from the same company. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if it concerns you enough, i believe the L and XL D3 share the same shell, and the pads are what determines size. so you could size up with just a pad kit, double check which sizes share the same shell though.

#5 ·
Ditto, I sized up on my D3 (large 661 helmet) after trying on the two sizes and reading reviews. Unfortunately, after a season the pads have broken in and on really rocky sections the helmet shifts on me. I figured I'd switch out the pads to see if that helps. When purchasing the pads,instead of getting the large I got the XS, which were the thickest possible. I contacted TLD and verified the pads would fit my XL helmet. I believe the top cap is size dependent and the pads will fit any size. Again I just got my pads directly from TLD:

https://www.troyleedesigns.com/products/1151-02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.