Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Scotland in Early April?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  sick4surf 
#1 ·
I am planning a trip to Scotland in early April. Seems I might be too early in the season for the gondolas to run bikes in the Nevis Range, is that correct? The red trail in Nevis range seems intriguing, anything suitable as a substitute?

Weather is never predictable but do you think anything will be rideable in the NW section of Scotland or should I just stick to the Glentress area? Don't mind cold and wet just can't ride through snow. Kirroughtree seems like a great area with flowing trails through wilderness and the unique mcmoab trail...if I can't make it there, what would be similar?

Planning to fly into Edinburgh then renting a car and touring the general area with day trips to Isle of Skye and other suggested touring spots. Traveling with my wife and daughter so it won't all be biking oriented. If I get one or two or three days to bike that would be great. After that the pubs should be a fine alternative.

Thanks and Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.