Skeggs Everything - Oct 29- Mtbr.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29

Anyone interested in attempting the Skeggs Everything ride?

[update: details posted below - http://forums.mtbr.com/8573370-post18.html]]

Biking Brazilian came up with the route in 2007 and a couple of us (me and the dearly missed mudworm) managed to complete it last year.

It's about a 42 mile ride, 10,000' of climbing. Last year, it took about 7 hours all up.

The biggest challenge is navigation: miss a turn and you likely won't achieve the "everything" goal. And you have to really want the goal, as you'll do some things you'd never otherwise consider, like climbing to the top of a fireroad just to turnaround and descend it again.

I'd like to give it a go again on Oct 29, starting 9am at gate CM-08.
    Last edited by ratpick; 10-26-2011 at 11:12 AM.

I like mtn biking, too
    I would be up for that... At least to see how far I can make it. Not sure what our schedule is though. Yeah, I miss seeing mudworm around at Skeggs, too! I am sure she's on to even bigger and better things.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

roadie
    this is my kind of stupid.

mtbr member
    I strongly recommend this ride:

- the route is a work of pure topological beauty and elegance
    - upon completion, you'll know everything you need to know about Skeggs, which trails, gates, parking lots, trees etc to prefer
    - in the unlikely case you're not up for the entire 40+ miles, you can at any point on the route bail out or take shortcuts, and keep encouraging/taunting/heckling ratpick while easily cruising around

As for me, I'd be in but my manager says I shouldn't do strenuous exercise, to let my bruised ribs heal up properly... (and I was originally thinking of doing an attempt to clean Bear Mtn)

Master of '80s BMX tricks
    i just wanted to chime in and say

that, track log. could, be...the most beautiful thing, I've ever seen in my life.
    I'm not worthy this year but will but now consider doing this ride a future goal.
    i'm going to print this out and paste it to my bathroom floor so i can study it more.
    is that down the last leg of Fir down or up?
    please say down?
    Last edited by Biker_Scout_Sparky; 10-19-2011 at 06:11 AM.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Tragically, I have to be in Bend, Oregon to tour all the breweries for a good cause.

fc

rho
    Life is strange
    Gonna be in L.A. for work then. If not working then flying back to the bay area.
    Not happy about that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

awesome !!!

This is awesome !!!! I'll need couple of weeks of preparation to achieve this .

Aside from the navigation challenge, how do you manage food and water (stash them someplace or lug it)

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    50/50 right now but interested.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23 View Post
    This is awesome !!!! I'll need couple of weeks of preparation to achieve this .

Aside from the navigation challenge, how do you manage food and water (stash them someplace or lug it)
    You have two weeks then

There are some logistics with this ride since you need a water refill at some point. The original plan said to stash water and some food at the next "gate" down from CM-08, just off South Leaf Trail. It's a spot you hit about 16 miles into the ride, so not quite half-way, but after the toughest climbs. I did this the first time and it worked really well. Being just before half-way, my experience suggests to consume water freely for the first half and conserve after lunch. If it was going to be really hot, I might even stash some water up the top somewhere.

If I get some definite signups, I'll make sure there's enough water, but you'll probably want to stash some food unless you'd prefer to carry it all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker_Scout_Sparky
    is that down the last leg of Fir down or up?
    please say down?
    We are on Fir twice - the first, right at the beginning of the ride, is lower Fir, the really, really steep part which we both climb and descend. It works well because 1. you get it overwith when you're fresh and 2. you can drop everything you don't need at the bottom of Fir and climb light, then pick it up on the return.

The second time, we do upper Fir descending down to Resolution.

If you've never attempted to climb lower Fir, you're in for a real treat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ratpick View Post
    Anyone interested in attempting the Skeggs Everything ride?

Biking Brazilian came up with the route in 2007 and a couple of us (me and the dearly missed mudworm) managed to complete it last year.
    Actually, I merely re-posted the ride originally designed by Biking Viking back in the day. I tried it three times, finished once. Be sure to get the Fir climb out of the way as soon as possible.

The Patrick you link to on Strava is not me.

I like mtn biking, too
    Oh, this route climbs lower Fir? I'm out. lol!!!

Just kidding...

But seriously - there are halloween parties going on both before and after that ride that are over an hour away from Skeggs - probably a little too tight schedule for me - so definite out. Maybe some other day, with a more relaxed schedule.
    Half the planet is deep into bloody tribal mayhem. We’re just riding bikes (and drinking beer) here.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    I'd like to join this but this group is shaping up to be faaaast. B group anyone? I don't know if I can get to 10k but I should be able to get close.
    Previously known as mttamrnr.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by etuck View Post
    I'd like to join this but this group is shaping up to be faaaast. B group anyone? I don't know if I can get to 10k but I should be able to get close.
    You do need to keep a reasonable pace but it won't be a hammerfest.. it took 7 hours at a reasonably fast pace last time. If we get a good group, I'd expect that to stretch out to 8 or 9 just as group rides do (regroups, stopping to lie about jumps, mechanicals, etc).

I'm more interested in completing it again than trying to break last year's time, although mudworm did beat me for overall time last year and if I end up doing this solo, I'll be gunning to beat her 6:53 hours!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shredchic View Post
    Oh, this route climbs lower Fir? I'm out. lol!!!

Just kidding...

But seriously - there are halloween parties going on both before and after that ride that are over an hour away from Skeggs - probably a little too tight schedule for me - so definite out. Maybe some other day, with a more relaxed schedule.
    I made the mistake of going up Fir for the first and only time last Saturday. Had to walk a lot. Very steep, even going down would be a challenge for me.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilerz View Post
    I made the mistake of going up Fir for the first and only time last Saturday. Had to walk a lot. Very steep, even going down would be a challenge for me.
    Yes, anyone who can clean lower fir from Meth to Resolution is a crazy monster. I really enjoyed going down it, though! I'd have to say it's way more steep and technical than any other downhill at Skeggs - and really under-appreciated.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    Yes, anyone who can clean lower fir from Meth to Resolution is a crazy monster. I really enjoyed going down it, though! I'd have to say it's way more steep and technical than any other downhill at Skeggs - and really under-appreciated.
    I vaguely recall a mention some time ago that Midpen plans to eliminate lower Fir. Maybe my memory is wrong. If you've ever ridden Coe, you can clean it. I've cleaned as far as the rocks, but it's too much to session for a complete clean!

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biking Brazilian View Post
    Actually, I merely re-posted the ride originally designed by Biking Viking back in the day. :
    I was gonna say...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    You have two weeks then

There are some logistics with this ride since you need a water refill at some point. The original plan said to stash water and some food at the next "gate" down from CM-08, just off South Leaf Trail. It's a spot you hit about 16 miles into the ride, so not quite half-way, but after the toughest climbs. I did this the first time and it worked really well. Being just before half-way, my experience suggests to consume water freely for the first half and conserve after lunch. If it was going to be really hot, I might even stash some water up the top somewhere.

If I get some definite signups, I'll make sure there's enough water, but you'll probably want to stash some food unless you'd prefer to carry it all day.

We are on Fir twice - the first, right at the beginning of the ride, is lower Fir, the really, really steep part which we both climb and descend. It works well because 1. you get it overwith when you're fresh and 2. you can drop everything you don't need at the bottom of Fir and climb light, then pick it up on the return.

The second time, we do upper Fir descending down to Resolution.

If you've never attempted to climb lower Fir, you're in for a real treat
    We attempted a 30 miler @ Skeggs today but fell short (bad food and water management). Didnt realize the climb from Virginia Mill to Gordon Mill (west side) was a biatch with my gearing. I can imagine what lower fir would be like .

Will definitely need more ride time @ Skeggs to get into this caliber .

mtbr member
    I am interested. I need to check a few things but I would like to attempt. I have done a ride on this length in demo 2 times before but about 3k less climbing I believe. I have a feeling it can be done with the right amount of food, pacing, and good company. Just like the SCMC, I felt terrific even at the end. I might cash in my good husband card to be able to go. I will let you know asap.

Paul
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I am interested. I need to check a few things but I would like to attempt. I have done a ride on this length in demo 2 times before but about 3k less climbing I believe. I have a feeling it can be done with the right amount of food, pacing, and good company. Just like the SCMC, I felt terrific even at the end. I might cash in my good husband card to be able to go. I will let you know asap.

Paul
    Sweet! Should be much more fun with company! If you're in, I think we'll have at least 3.

I'll update here Thursday with more details.

roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    this is my kind of stupid.
    this means "in" btw. and possibly bringing a friend, and a cross bike..

mtbr member
    this means "in" btw. and possibly bringing a friend, and a cross bike..
    4!

Cross-bike.. nice!

Hipster
    I think I'm in...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    I think I'm in...
    Now I'm thinking A & B groups

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I would do it on Sunday, but can't make it on Saturday.

Altough my preferred route would be: do all the fun single track both up and down (and skip the many fire roads, except for the steep part Fir of course).

Something like:
    Sierra Morena out and back for easy warm up, down Manzanita, Timberview, down Giant Salamander, up Fir, down Resolution, ECdM, South Leaf out and back, down North Leaf, Methusalah, up Giant Salamander, Timberview, Cross-cut, down Cross-over, up Gordon Mills, down Steam Donkey, up and down Blue Blossom, up Steam Donkey, down Gordon Mills, up Cross-over, up Manzanita, down Fir, down Methusalah, up North Leaf, up Resolution, and back to the car.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

mtbr member
    Patrick, what are we looking at in terms of start time and ride length. I am planting the seed now!

mtbr member
    Scratch that last request. I am in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hipster
    You have two weeks then

There are some logistics with this ride since you need a water refill at some point.

I have a 3 gallon Jug I can keep in my car. I might also keep a few subway footlongs in there as well. Is it feasible to stop by the car for a refill?

Marin rider
    I love Skeggs having just been turned on to it this past year after riding for twenty some odd years in various areas. That said, I've ridden this area a few times and done 10 miles at a time with about 2500 foot gained (two ascents) each time I've been there and found that to be a full experience; water, fatigue and time (2hrs), in mind.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Edit: Who am I kidding? I don't want to be the hold up. Have a fun ride!
    Last edited by motorbacon; 10-26-2011 at 02:56 AM.

mtbr member
    I have a 3 gallon Jug I can keep in my car. I might also keep a few subway footlongs in there as well. Is it feasible to stop by the car for a refill?
    Stopping by CM-08 mid-ride is possible but with a bit of a detour (we come down/up Methuselah and make a left on North Leaf - you could go back to the cars here). But you can drop all these at the "feed zone" (point "OO" on the original map) before the ride and it will be there waiting for you. I plan to get quite a bit of water and leave it there, as well as my lunch and some food for the second half.

The attached pic might make it clearer where this drop spot is.. just down Star Hill Rd a bit from CM-08, right on a bend in the road.

It worked really well last time - we could potentially meet up at CM-08, get all our goodies together and one of us could go to the drop point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-skeggs_all.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan23 View Post
    We attempted a 30 miler @ Skeggs today but fell short (bad food and water management). Didnt realize the climb from Virginia Mill to Gordon Mill (west side) was a biatch with my gearing. I can imagine what lower fir would be like .

Will definitely need more ride time @ Skeggs to get into this caliber .
    I did mention that this is a really hard ride, right?

My hazy memory tells me that the hardest parts were lower Fir, but that's early and overwith when you're fresh, so it's kinda fun, the long, long climb up Lawrence Creek and the bottom of Timberview.

The nice part about being parked at CM-08 is that if it gets too much, just turn downhill to bail.

mtbr member
    Stopping by CM-08 mid-ride is possible but with a bit of a detour (we come down/up Methuselah and make a left on North Leaf - you could go back to the cars here). But you can drop all these at the "feed zone" (point "OO" on the original map) before the ride and it will be there waiting for you. I plan to get quite a bit of water and leave it there, as well as my lunch and some food for the second half.

The attached pic might make it clearer where this drop spot is.. just down Star Hill Rd a bit from CM-08, right on a bend in the road.

It worked really well last time - we could potentially meet up at CM-08, get all our goodies together and one of us could go to the drop point.
    Where should me meet at. I am not very familiar with this area. I have started at the small parking area CM02. What time we planning on meeting so I can get all my stuff ready. Looking forward to this ride.

Hipster
    Where should me meet at. I am not very familiar with this area. I have started at the small parking area CM02. What time we planning on meeting so I can get all my stuff ready. Looking forward to this ride.
    CM8 is at the intersection of Star Hill Rd. and Native Sons. If you usually get to Skeggs via Kings mountain you can turn left at skyline, right on Swett, then left on Star Hill.

Map here: http://www.openspace.org/preserves/maps/pr_ecdm.pdf

mtbr member
    I guess it's time to get some details posted and hopefully not scare off anybody on the fence

When: Let's meet at the CM-08 gate at 8:30am.

Where's that?: From Skyline, turn down Tunitas Creek Rd (or Swett), take a left on Star Hill Rd and follow it around until the intersection with Native Sons Rd. There's a clearing on the left where you can park (room for about 6-8 cars, from memory).

Course details: See the original post - follow instructions. Print a copy if you might want to leave the group.

Distance: 42 miles, 10,000' of climbing.

Time: solo it took me 7 hours (5:47 hrs riding time) but I expect regroups to eat an extra 60-90 mins so I expect we'll finish 5-6pm. No need for lights.

Bailout points: everywhere.. we are parked at the bottom of the park so go until you can go no more, then turn downhill if you need to bail.

Garmin GPX/TCX course: Bike Route Toaster

What to bring: food! Carry it all if you want, or drop lunch and water at the lunch stop (see below).

Bring your food (lunch and post-lunch food) and anything else you want at the lunch stop in some kind of sealed bag/cooler (to keep the critters out), and we'll load up someone's car and drive down and unload at the drop-off spot. It's a 10K so you hopefully know how much food you need to get to the end!

Roll out: Aim wheels rolling at 9am. If you're late, follow the route and you'll likely catch us (you may need to later detour to your car to get your lunch).

Pace: It will be at an endurance pace, no-drop, with frequent regroups, although everyone is welcome to take segments at their own pace. You're also welcome to sprint off the front and take Strava honors at any point, of course! If you think you might want to go solo, print the map and instructions from the original thread and study it. We will need to keep the regroups reasonable so don't be the last one in if you want a good break

Lunch break: we'll take 30-40 mins to eat, rest and refill camelbacks.

Cleaning all the steep climbs will be encouraged, as will brief repeats of rock gardens, roots, etc if you want to show off your skills or give them a solid effort!

It's a Saturday, so we should expect traffic and evil Midpen radar traps, so ride accordingly.

roadie
    CM8 is at the intersection of Star Hill Rd. and Native Sons. If you usually get to Skeggs via Kings mountain you can turn left at skyline, right on Swett, then left on Star Hill.

Map here: http://www.openspace.org/preserves/maps/pr_ecdm.pdf
    or just cross skyline and down tunitas a little ways, turning left on star hill. parking at CM08 is pro tip for sure! thanks Glenn!

Star Hill Rd - Google Maps

View Larger Map

mtbr member
    This sounds like my kind of thing.

In.

roadie
    Quote Originally Posted by jmilliron View Post
    This sounds like my kind of thing.

In.
    isn't this the third ride you committed to on sat? omnipresence?

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I did mention that this is a really hard ride, right?
    No need as I have ridden every legal trail of Skeggs (exept lower fir)

I just need to compile ALL of the trails on a one day tour

mtbr member
    isn't this the third ride you committed to on sat? omnipresence?

I bailed on the others! This is what I'm in the mood for.

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    Damn I wish I’d have gotten this planned before my wife commandeered my weekend.
    Don’t frail and blow if you’re going to Braille and Flow.

roadie
    ordered a second pov cam. thinking about helmet mounting one, pointing the other backwards. should be delivered tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    anyone know if Star Hill is open all the way down to Tunitas Creek again at the bottom? Google won't send me that way. Looks like a faster way to get there for me (from HWY 1 going north)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by special O View Post
    anyone know if Star Hill is open all the way down to Tunitas Creek again at the bottom? Google won't send me that way. Looks like a faster way to get there for me (from HWY 1 going north)
    Star Hill meets about 2 miles from the top of Tunitas Creek, but it that's it.. Star Hill is gated a few miles down past Skeggs.

I rode down there once just to see how far it goes:

mtbr member
    Looks like we've got a group of 7:
    ratpick
    plymmer
    modbog + 1
    mboldt
    pmarshall
    jmilliron

with a few maybes:
    unsure
    spartan23
    D1PHAM
    etuck

See you all at CM-08 (cnr Star Hill Rd & Native Sons Rd) tomorrow 8:30am. Remember, don't go to Skeggs Point!

roadie
    my +1 is injured and had to bail, so no cross bike.
    but i did get a second camera, so tomorrow's ride should be well documented.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Looks like we've got a group of 7:
    ratpick
    plymmer
    modbog + 1
    mboldt
    pmarshall
    jmilliron

with a few maybes:
    unsure
    spartan23
    D1PHAM
    etuck

See you all at CM-08 (cnr Star Hill Rd & Native Sons Rd) tomorrow 8:30am. Remember, don't go to Skeggs Point!
    Im still in training mode . I'll be @ Skeggs but for a a shorter tour-
    my planned route is about 75% of your ride Im sure I'll bump into you guys.

Have a safe and fun ride guys
    Last edited by spartan23; 10-29-2011 at 06:15 AM.

mtbr member
    I'll be at Skeggs at some time Saturday doing my regular loop. Good luck to you guys. Perhaps I'll see your group out there at some point. I look forward to reading the posts following this epic challenge.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Pretty chilly out this morning. Good luck everyone. Maybe next year I'm ready for 10k.

mtbr member
    Good luck guys. I'm drinking a nice cup of Philz to warm me up for a long day of drinking at 3 different halloween parties.

mtbr member
    I think that qualifies as "epic"! Thanks again for leading and organizing ratpick.

I'm now going to bail on my halloween party commitments, drink a beer, eat some food and crash.

King Of Tooth Tarter

A Perfect Ride

That was a lot of fun out there today! I met a lot of excellent riders, rode some fine and fast single track, climbed what should have been a 10K (stats here: Skeggs Everything Ride: 10-29-11 - MTBGuru: mashing up GPS data, photos and maps to share mountain biking, road bike, hiking and other outdoor experiences) and climbed some very challenging hills. Thanks ratpick for arranging this ride and stashing that water. Very perfect riding weather (although perfect can mean in the 90's also).

Roy.

mtbr member
    What a day. Too tired to write much tonight. I will post some pics tomorrow. Patrick, Roy, Jason, Bogdon, Marco, your a great bunch to ride with and strong to boot! I was pretty happy about todays effort since it was my hardest mtb ride to date. Couldn't ask for a better group. I am going to bed.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plymmer View Post
    That was a lot of fun out there today! I met a lot of excellent riders, rode some fine and fast single track, climbed what should have been a 10K (stats here: Skeggs Everything Ride: 10-29-11 - MTBGuru: mashing up GPS data, photos and maps to share mountain biking, road bike, hiking and other outdoor experiences) and climbed some very challenging hills. Thanks ratpick for arranging this ride and stashing that water. Very perfect riding weather (although perfect can mean in the 90's also).

Roy.
    Wow, unbelievable ride. That ride is a testament to the energy and love mountain bikers have for the sport. Well done

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traildoc View Post
    Wow, unbelievable ride. That ride is a testament to the energy and love mountain bikers have for the sport. Well done
    Amazing group.. thanks for making an otherwise lonely (and sometimes embarrassing - doing those out-n-backs solo feels weird when someone catches you on them ride so much more fun!

I must have had my camera on a bad mode as my photos didn't turn out so well. I like this one at Vista Point though

From Skeggs Everything 2011

After a couple of lackluster rides in the past week, you guys pushed me hard and right back into pretty good form... thanks! I haven't felt this good on a bike in nearly a month!

We only made one bad turn, right at the very start turning onto the Leaf Trail (North Leaf?) instead of descending Methuselah. As it happened, that was a fun warmup for the Lower Fir climb so it all worked out.

I know a few others were out there hoping to run into us at some point. Sorry we missed you and thanks for looking for us! Those bananas, etc at CM02 would have been perfect!

Kudos again to the author - whoever that is - of the route. We only made one change based on Mudworm's ride last year but it's a work of genius!

Finally.. always remember - nobody rides up Springboard...

From Skeggs Everything 2011

If you guys want a not-crazy introduction to Coe sometime, Roy & I would love to be your guides!

mtbr member
    Inspirational achievement folks. Men of steel (er, maybe carbon)!

mtbr member
    Oh.. forgot to share the Strava track. It is, indeed, a thing of beauty

roadie
    i don't want to get too technical, but there is a poop-ton of video to go through.

my thoughts on the ride:

night, night kids. 9am rollout tomorrow.

mtbr member
    My camera sucked so of all the pics, these were the best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0222.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0223.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0226.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0229.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0230.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0232.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0234.jpg  

Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_0236.jpg  

mtbr member
    The creek crossing. Patrick crossed first with no issues.

mtbr member
    Awesome! One loop at Skeggs is enough for me. You guys are amazing...

mtbr member
    Some snapshots I took yesterday:

mtbr member
    Not that long after we crossed ECdM Creek, it was crossed a different way..

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=2351278853818

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    i don't want to get too technical, but there is a poop-ton of video to go through.

my thoughts on the ride:

night, night kids. 9am rollout tomorrow.
    DUDE, you machine, you were out riding today after all the riding yesterday!??!?!?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    DUDE, you machine, you were out riding today after all the riding yesterday!??!?!?
    Jason was also going to race CX today.. me? Sat on the couch all day

mtbr member
    Shoot, I bailed on driving down to SC and racing this morning. Spent the day cleaning bikes, listing them on craigslist, researching a new mountain bike and then a nice easy recovery spin.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    good job guys- congrats !!!

roadie
    Some snapshots I took yesterday:
    as usual, nice pictures

Not that long after we crossed ECdM Creek, it was crossed a different way..

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...=2351278853818
    told you that was a bridge!

Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    i know you are a recovering roadie, so you'll recognize the term "recovery ride"

haven't gone through all the video yet, but it looks like there is some cool stuff in there. will try to get something together this week.

roadie
    btw, anyone else notice the, err, umm, related video on this?

banned
    pmarshall:

The last time I was home I dumbed that creek crossing down so I and others could ride it w/o dabbing. Thanks for sharing it with me so I could see others enjoy making (or barely) it.

I have always thought Midpen could make a bridge crossing out of those downed trees during high water periods, but as usual they haven't figured it out yet.

TD

roadie
    a little 30 second teaser in the meanwhile

mtbr member
    a little 30 second teaser in the meanwhile
    Nice! Consider me teased.. looking forward to the full production!

roadie
    Nice! Consider me teased.. looking forward to the full production!
    ok... expect to have something ready tomorrow.

fc
    Oh darn, I missed out.

Well done buds. I cannot see the well-deserved beer.

fc

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Oh darn, I missed out.

Well done buds. I cannot see the well-deserved beer.

fc
    My rehydration required an Alaskan Amber while packing up the bike, then a Devil's Canyon Full Boar Scotch Ale + suzuki burger at Alice's (where, as Jason pointed out, you can get anything you want).

roadie
    i waited till i got home.. then had a burrito and broke into my 30-pack of Tecate Reserve ®

...video is uploading.

roadie
    done. hope you enjoy..

might i suggest the HD version: skeggs everything - YouTube

mtbr member
    done. hope you enjoy..

might i suggest the HD version: skeggs everything - YouTube

So awesome

mtbr member
    excellent!

mtbr member
    done. Hope you enjoy..

Might i suggest the hd version: skeggs everything - youtube

Very Very Good. Like Very Much.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    You just saved my day at work. 10 minutes of entertainment.

Very cool video.

Hipster
    Nice video!!

King Of Tooth Tarter

I'm There Again

Great video! I can't believe how flowy those trails are. So much fun.

Roy.

mtbr member
    Bogdon, Awesome work on that. My daughter was watching and started laughing when you fell over! Look out academy awards!

mtbr member
    wow...VOD! Amazing that you made the ultimate Xc ride cool to watch. I want in on the next one...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    For those of us who just can't hack the whole thing (or who can't manage to get a whole day off), I just did a "Everything lite" or "Everything Singletrack" yesterday, hitting nearly every singletrack segment in Skeggs in the "preferred" direction - 28 miles, maybe 5-6K? Not going too fast, with a heavy bike, and including all stops, it took 5 hours. I started/finished at CM03 but I will describe it as if you started at Skeggs Point. This is a pretty fun route that misses only upper Steam Donkey (which you could add easily) and a few tiny tidbits of singletrack - probably gets 95% of singletrack in Skeggs, nearly all in the "right" direction. Some time-saving measures (like riding back Star Hill instead of reversing the Leaf trails) could easily be switched for even more singletrack miles:

Skeggs Pt - steep paved road to Fir for short bit - left on Sierra Morena all the way to CM04 - Skyline Road to Bear Gulch Road - Spring Board trail for short bit - left on connector to Lawrence Creek - right on Lawrence Creek for short bit - right on Blue Blossom - left down Spring Board - right up Gordon Mill to first right - lower Steam Donkey - up Gordon Mill to first left - Crossover - left on Crosscut - left down Timberview - right on Giant Salamander - right up Methuselah - right on Manzanita - left on Timberview - left on Methuselah - right on connector to Fir - left on Fir - angled right to lower Tafoni (as opposed to sharp right to upper/traversing Tafoni) - left on El Corte de Madera trail all the way past Resolution and up past the creek - left on North Leaf - left on Methuselah for short section - right on easy-to-miss South Leaf - South Leaf all the way to Virginia Mill (passing two small connector trails on right) - right on Virginia Mill for short section to road - right on Star Hill Road to CM08 - down Methuselah trail to creek and all the way up the big hill - left on connector to Fir - left on Fir - right on Resolution - right on El Corte de Madera trail all the way back to Skeggs Point.

Pretty fun in the maximize-singletrack-in-minimum-time mindset...

mtbr member
    Nice!

I like the route.. needs a name and to be added to mudworm's collection.

A Mudworm's Thoughts » Mountain Biking at El Corte de Madera (aka Skeggs)

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by locoyokel View Post
    For those of us who just can't hack the whole thing (or who can't manage to get a whole day off), I just did a "Everything lite" or "Everything Singletrack" yesterday, hitting nearly every singletrack segment in Skeggs in the "preferred" direction - 28 miles, maybe 5-6K? Not going too fast, with a heavy bike, and including all stops, it took 5 hours. I started/finished at CM03 but I will describe it as if you started at Skeggs Point. This is a pretty fun route that misses only upper Steam Donkey (which you could add easily) and a few tiny tidbits of singletrack - probably gets 95% of singletrack in Skeggs, nearly all in the "right" direction. Some time-saving measures (like riding back Star Hill instead of reversing the Leaf trails) could easily be switched for even more singletrack miles:

Skeggs Pt - steep paved road to Fir for short bit - left on Sierra Morena all the way to CM04 - Skyline Road to Bear Gulch Road - Spring Board trail for short bit - left on connector to Lawrence Creek - right on Lawrence Creek for short bit - right on Blue Blossom - left down Spring Board - right up Gordon Mill to first right - lower Steam Donkey - up Gordon Mill to first left - Crossover - left on Crosscut - left down Timberview - right on Giant Salamander - right up Methuselah - right on Manzanita - left on Timberview - left on Methuselah - right on connector to Fir - left on Fir - angled right to lower Tafoni (as opposed to sharp right to upper/traversing Tafoni) - left on El Corte de Madera trail all the way past Resolution and up past the creek - left on North Leaf - left on Methuselah for short section - right on easy-to-miss South Leaf - South Leaf all the way to Virginia Mill (passing two small connector trails on right) - right on Virginia Mill for short section to road - right on Star Hill Road to CM08 - down Methuselah trail to creek and all the way up the big hill - left on connector to Fir - left on Fir - right on Resolution - right on El Corte de Madera trail all the way back to Skeggs Point.

Pretty fun in the maximize-singletrack-in-minimum-time mindset...
    nice- Im gonna have to try that route

I did something similar- .

More pie please

My 2012 Solstice Ride

Thanks for the inspiration guys; yesterday I completed the Everything Skeggs route. A prediction of 70º temps and 8:33pm sunset so I decided to go for it. The night before I stayed up later than planned studying the route, making notes, and marking up a map so I ended up sleeping in a little in the morning. I didn’t roll until 9:42am.

I rode very conservatively and the ride went well. I even worked in a stop for food and water at the car at the 17 mile mark. (Rather stashing food at point “OO”, I rode Star Hill Road back to my car at CMØ8.) Saw TahoeBC on the trail and we rode down Blue Blossom together. Also saw Francis riding with the Roaring Mouse group. I Tell You What, about 5 – 6 o’clock, Skeggs gets real busy on a Wednesday evening. Also about that time I was becoming anxious about finishing before dark but I got back to CMØ8 right at sunset. Had a great view of it through the redwood trees….spectacular orange sky!

Here it is, the slowest time yet recorded for Everything Skeggs:

Total time = 10:50
    Moving time = 8:22
    Miles = 46.38

My compliments to Biking Viking for figuring out the route,
    ///Charlie
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline35 View Post

Miles = 46.38

///Charlie
    Awesome! Such a great route. It's been on my mind to do this again sometime soon. Congrats!

ask
    user

Miles = 46.38

///Charlie
    Wow! Congrats... I've been thinking about this ride too. Probably not quite ready (mentally / physically), but I hope to try this route sometime soon.

diskus
    Awesome! Such a great route. It's been on my mind to do this again sometime soon. Congrats!
    You should modify it into an everything Coe!

~~~

Miles = 46.38

///Charlie
    Nice job Charlie!

tburger gives you Kudos!

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by diskus View Post
    You should modify it into an everything Coe!
    Ha! How about Everything Arastradero?

My mark-up map for Everything Skeggs:

It worked perfect.

///Charlie
    Long live long rides

I'm a "she".
    Nicely done, Charlie!

Ratpick or others on the 2011 ride, can you please post a complete list of handles (or names) who completed this route (only if he did all the little out and backs to the gate posts)? I'd like to add the information to the Skeggs Everything Hall of Fame .

Oh... I can see a new wave rushing to Skeggs in the next couple of weeks.
    Inch by inch, I will get there...
    ride reports | tracks | photos
    Green Chiclets are my favorite candy.

mtbr member
    Cool seeing you getting after it yesterday, congratulations! And yea when I got back to the parking lot after my 4 hour jaunt of "Everything worth doing at Skeggs" at 6:15 the place was as packed as I've ever seen it.

Looking at MTBguru I see you saw some other friends of ours, I was pretty sure I saw Chris N. bombing down Corte De Madera Creek trail as I was riding out, did not notice the faces of the 3 gents before her, guess I just recognize the Womez on the trail
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 06-21-2012 at 12:48 PM.

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Cool seeing you getting after it yesterday, congratulations! And yea when I got back to the parking lot after my 4 hour jaunt of "Everything worth doing at Skeggs" at 6:15 the place was as packed as I've ever seen it.
    Hi TBC,

Nice to see you and ride for a bit. I found your note(s) on my car. :-) Guess you got to the far end of South Leaf successfully.

I saw that the lot was packed. While riding I thought “How can a ride titled Everything Skeggs omit Skeggs Point?” so first time to CMØ1 I did an out & back to the picnic tables there.

///Charlie
    Last edited by Skyline35; 06-28-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: typo
    Long live long rides

loopy counter
    Um. Skeggs Everything Official. U No Wat I Meen.

Some of the wildlife out there yesterday:

mtbr member
    Just about ready, mentally speaking, to do this ride again.

mtbr member
    Hmm.. perhaps we should set a date. I think Skyline35 is right that we need to ride up to Skeggs Point to be thorough.

After re-reading this thread, I'm ready to go again

mtbr member
    Hmm.. perhaps we should set a date. I think Skyline35 is right that we need to ride up to Skeggs Point to be thorough.

After re-reading this thread, I'm ready to go again
    After reading this thread again Patrick, my butt is not ready for the abuse. that was a great ride but a long one for sure. Having a great guide like yourself makes all the difference in the world though. Some of us anxiously await the date to be set.

Paul

King Of Tooth Tarter

Hooray For Charlie!

Great job on doing this Charlie. It is a fun ride. I probably will have to join you all if you do set a date to ride again.

As far as a Coe everything, the 100 mile then Everest Challenge doesn't even do that. I wonder how far and high that would be? Tough challenge.

Roy.

roadie
    After reading this thread again Patrick, my butt is not ready for the abuse. that was a great ride but a long one for sure. Having a great guide like yourself makes all the difference in the world though. Some of us anxiously await the date to be set.

Paul
    your butt is always ready for the abuse.

I'm a "she".

It's official: Locoyokel's Skeggs Lite

Quote Originally Posted by locoyokel View Post
    "Skeggs Lite" :

needs a name and to be added to mudworm's collection
    Done, Sir! I apologize for the late delivery because I only got around to doing this route today. Super fun! to Locoyokel.

A Mudworm's Thoughts » Locoyokel's Skeggs Lite

The same GPS track is available on MTBGuru, Garmin Connect and Strava. Garmin Connect gave me : Distance (mi) 27.0 , Total Ascent (ft) 6735

For those visually inclined, here is how the route goes (click for full size and follow colors green->red->blue->green):

I was able to give a couple of riders route suggestions at the top of Crossover, and later two others at Skeggs Point. Very satisfying. Actually, I donated the above exact map to the two first comers at the parking lot and told them to go follow the route and bail whenever they feel like. Hope they had fun on their ride.
    Last edited by mudworm; 07-25-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: 1) to add "super fun!" 2) take out Everything to avoid confusion

mtbr member
    Ok peeps.. mudworm has spoken and we'll be reliving the glory of Skeggs Everything tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have an evening date which means an early start. CM--08 at 8am.

If we are true to form, there will be way fewer breaks than last year's running. Also, we are planning to return to the parking lot for lunch, rather than stash food.

Late notice, sorry, but a fun way to get 10K towards your Rapha Rising goal!

xls
    Eduardo Naranja
    .....Late notice.........
    Yeah, too late for me. I'll do it later this year and will post more than 20h before in case someone wants to join.

Have fun!

Natural body armor
    Ok peeps.. mudworm has spoken and we'll be reliving the glory of Skeggs Everything tomorrow. Unfortunately, I have an evening date which means an early start. CM--08 at 8am.

If we are true to form, there will be way fewer breaks than last year's running. Also, we are planning to return to the parking lot for lunch, rather than stash food.

I have different plans, but this....
    "There is no A-line"
    Savvy Bike

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Nelson34, IAmHolland and myself will be out there... I think, attempting to do this with y'all. IDK, this is my first time out there, but I'll HTFU.

You guys will drop us, so we'll probably just go on our own.

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Nelson34, IAmHolland and myself will be out there... I think, attempting to do this with y'all. IDK, this is my first time out there, but I'll HTFU.

You guys will drop us, so we'll probably just go on our own.
    No, no, no. We're doing something different. No way in hell can I do all of Skegg's. That's like 11K ft in 40 mi or so.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    No, this is a "Skeggs Lite" ride they're doing here... we'll get dropped anyway.

What time should we be over there? And, how do I get there???

rho
    Life is strange

Thinking about joining you folks for the abbreviated A- version of something like this. Or at least getting out there tomorrow when all you crazies are out and about. This is of course depending on if I get sleep or not... Hopefully see folks out there tomorrow!

Wēk Sôs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    No, this is a "Skeggs Lite" ride they're doing here... we'll get dropped anyway.
    oh, thought it was for everthing, not lite. oh well, and yeah, too fast for me anyway.

I like mtn biking, too
    Oh how I miss Skeggs now that we've moved further south. I would love to join, but my cheater bike has a stripped crank arm thread still. OK - I'm queen of the lame excuse. Next time for sure!
    ~Fairfaxian

I'm a "she".
    It sounds silly, very silly, but both ratpick and I will need the full Skeggs Everything to bring up our footies to make Rapha Rising Challenge.

It seems that last year's group ride took around 9 hours over all. I think ratpick is aiming for an early wrap up due to time constraints, so please don't be surprised to be nudged on, or whipped on depending on who the time keeper is. I'm the nice one.

I propose one main break at the car (after exiting OO point @16mile mark) and another one at CM06 (after all the hard climbing is done @27 mile mark), so stashing at CM06 is an option if you drive up early enough and know how to find CM06, which is *not* CM05.

Plenty of resources about the route available all over the internet, but in my objective opinion, here is the best one.

Oh, and I'm not a very fast rider (definitely not as fast as ratpick no matter what he says), so if it turns out I'm too heavy of an anchor, I might just "ditch" the group and ride at my own pace. We'll see.
    Last edited by mudworm; 07-20-2012 at 09:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I might make it out, might not be in shape to finish, and regardless mudworm is way faster than me!

mtbr member
    Help! Mudworm is trying to kill usSkeggs Everything - Oct 29-imageuploadedbytapatalk1342894287.806863.jpg

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oykwpu
    Last edited by ratpick; 07-21-2012 at 11:37 PM.

I like mtn biking, too
    Just looking over the Skeggs everything lite route - that route is full of win! That's basically a sample of everything worth riding there in the proper direction.
    ~Fairfaxian

I'm a "she".
    Help! Mudworm is trying to kill us!
    Who, me? Hey, I'm the nice one!!! Now that ratpick is off to his dinner date, it's my turn...
    I would love to join, but my cheater bike has a stripped crank arm thread still. - shredchic
    This is of course depending on if I get sleep or not - rho
    I have different plans - Zen_Turtle
    too late for me - xls
    This is what you all should have done: Make your plans, but always have a contingency. "Honey, I'll do ___ with you this weekend, unless a Skeggs Everything ride comes up." And you should always have your bike (or one of your bikes) ready to go at all time. And sleep? Sleep is overrated anyway (unless it's my sleep).

might not be in shape to finish... - locoyokel
    too fast for me anyway - IAmHolland
    we'll get dropped anyway - Dion
    That's okay. We come in all sorts of shapes, but the pedal strokes are always round and round and they are the ones that get us to the finish. And remember, the group pace is your pace. Once you are in the group, you and the group are ONE.

Anyway, that's a long winded way to say you guys missed a great ride. Just when ratpick and I thought we were the only two, plymmer pulled up. Guess he has extended his vacation from Coe, although he did bring Coe blankie with him -- it was warm (pleasantly) early in the morning already, but thanks to the tree coverage, it was never too hot. However, plymmer packed his leg and arm warmers "just in case."

We, once mushed into ONE, moved along steadily. Finished the ride in 7 hours and half, with riding time a little over 6 hours. I don't have convincing Strava stats to show though because I accidentally left data recording on "Every second", and the old data (the first 15 miles/~4K') got over written. Needless to say, I didn't make the challenge, yet. Devastating! I'll have to do something to cheer myself up -- I think I'll go bump that Coe...oh... Tahoe! thread.

There were times when I wondered if I was holding the ONE back and should break out the mush and let the boys fly, but then decided they needed me! ratpick, despite being a veteran, blew by a critical turn off on an uphill - that's how fast he was -- before I called him back. And I knew he was holding back on the ride and have evidence he could not deny -- he said it himself, "I think I have the KOM on this segment; I don't need to go fast on it." And plymmer? Outside of Coe, he is lost! We needed to keep four eyes on him to make sure he wouldn't continue down the wrong path.

Another pleasant surprise was to see Skyline35's vehicle when we went back to the car for brunch. I was hoping to see him in person eventually, and my wish was granted. When we returned from the ride, he and IAmHolland were there taking their mid-ride break! Tried to tempt them to abandon the ride and join us at Alice's, but that was only a test of their will and they passed (unfortunately). ratpick, plymmer, and I enjoyed some cold drinks and food ... without the pie.

Fun day!!!

Wēk Sôs
    You guys are amazing. I can't believe how strong and fast you are, and yet so petite. The kicker is when you told me you don't need much water. Impossible! I call foul and unfair. My pack weighs a ton carrying 150oz of fluids and food.

It sounds like you had a great ride.

If you guys ever decide to do a slow social ride, we could get together. Coe or Skegg's works, just none of the insanely steep stuff at Coe. It's bad enough finding the trails there.

We had a good ride too, but Skegg's was too much for me in the end. I left Charlie to finish the ride without me. The full ride should be pushing close to 6k, but I think he was going to cut it short due to time constraints. I'm glad he stuck around with me, I was definitely anchoring him at the end.

I like mtn biking, too
    Do you guys want to do it again tomorrow? Now I'm a whole hour away, not 20 minutes away (drat!) and I plan to start 'round 9-9:15. Gunning for the "lite" route, although I may wake up and decide it's now or never on the "everything" route. Granted, I have not really been "training" or anything silly like that, and most likely that would hurt. But I do have a lot of stored calories to burn...

Mudworm - I love your ride reports!!!
    ~Fairfaxian

rho
    Life is strange
    Do you guys want to do it again tomorrow? Now I'm a whole hour away, not 20 minutes away (drat!) and I plan to start 'round 9-9:15. Gunning for the "lite" route, although I may wake up and decide it's now or never on the "everything" route. Granted, I have not really been "training" or anything silly like that, and most likely that would hurt. But I do have a lot of stored calories to burn...

Thinking about it. the 9am start time sounds better... HEHE.

I like mtn biking, too
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    Thinking about it. the 9am start time sounds better... HEHE.
    Cool, staring at Cm-01, aka "skeggs point" parking lot. The "lite" version is still pretty epic. I'll save the true everything ride for when I have my cheater 29'er, and a little more energy.
    ~Fairfaxian

More pie please
    Very cool to be there to cheer you guys at the finish line!

I think ratpick has a bit of the 100-mile stare going here :-)

plymmer, a nice surprise to see you here.

And mudworm....smiling, energetic, modest about her day but the impressive salt lines in clothes betrayed her, it was a big effort.

Congratulations to all three!
    ///Charlie
    Last edited by Skyline35; 07-24-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mudworm View Post
    Who, me? Hey, I'm the nice one!!! Now that ratpick is off to his dinner date, it's my turn...
    The real irony is that mudworm had been holding back all morning, but after this lunch break, she let loose with a stinging attack on the Springboard climb, leaving me heaving and drenched with sweat trying to keep up.

I spent the whole day conserving my 100oz camelback reservoir while mudworm did the whole day's ride on 2 bottles of water!

She even deliberately corrupted her track to hide all the QOMs (if not KOMs) she attained during the ride!

I'm still unsure of her motive(s) - was she looking for the perfect moment to bury plymmer & me? Or graciously protecting our manly sensibilities by not wiping us out on every single climb? It's hard to know. All I know, is that mudworm owned us all day, even when she pretended that she didn't. Mr Mud, how you can ride with mudworm with all that pressure is beyond me.. chapeau!!

Anyway, that's a long winded way to say you guys missed a great ride. Just when ratpick and I thought we were the only two, plymmer pulled up.
    That was quite an awesome moment when plymmer pulled up - it took months of careful planning and ear-worming to get him out of Coe's summer oven and up to Tahoe last weekend and I hadn't had the remotest thought that even a Skeggs Everything epic would delay his Coe homecoming another week. I'm still shocked and honored

There were times when I wondered if I was holding the ONE back and should break out the mush and let the boys fly, but then decided they needed me! ratpick, despite being a veteran, blew by a critical turn off on an uphill - that's how fast he was -- before I called him back. And I knew he was holding back on the ride and have evidence he could not deny -- he said it himself, "I think I have the KOM on this segment; I don't need to go fast on it." And plymmer? Outside of Coe, he is lost! We needed to keep four eyes on him to make sure he wouldn't continue down the wrong path.
    Did I really say that? I deny it I think it was lower Fir and I really thought I had improved my KOM - turns out I was way, way slower. Hmph.

Tried to tempt them to abandon the ride and join us at Alice's, but that was only a test of their will and they passed (unfortunately). ratpick, plymmer, and I enjoyed some cold drinks and food ... without the pie.
    I got in so much trouble for being late home and no, I haven't confessed that I stopped at Alice's for a Devil's Canyon Scotch Ale post-ride Dinner drinks included Pliny the Elder, Chimay, Prohibition and mojitos and I think I've more than replinished my calorie deficiency for the day's ride

Fun day!!!
    So much fun! It was fun last year with a big group, but without all you boat anchors like MarcoB, Paul, Jason, Bogdan, etc, we went much faster this year Sadly, the only camera amongst us was my iphone and this was the only photo all day (at the vista point):

Immediate post-ride refreshment at Alice's were awesome but the real rehydration for me started at Lucky 13 in Alameda with a new keg of...

I had 2 garmins going to ensure I got the most footies out of this ride for Strava's current challenge:

Please excuse typos - I'm still drunk

I'm a "she".
    After waking up from a relaxed night and a very lazy morning, I found that a press conference is in order. No problem. I might be sore when I move around, but I can still talk.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    I can't believe how strong and fast you are, and yet so petite. The kicker is when you told me you don't need much water. Impossible! I call foul and unfair. My pack weighs a ton carrying 150oz of fluids and food. ...If you guys ever decide to do a slow social ride, we could get together.... I was definitely anchoring [Skyline35] at the end.
    Ahhh... don't you know size don't matter? I seem to not need much on a ride (once I did an impromptu 80mi/11181' road ride on two bottles of Gatorade and one Clif bar). I call myself lucky, but you definitely want to monitor yourself while riding. Neither dehydration nor overhydration is a good thing. You'll just have to find your balance through trial and error. Watch out for MTBR threads on social ride PSAs for Skeggs and Coe. Let me tell you something in secret -- a ride called Skeggs to HMB is coming up on Labor Day weekend. Start training before others find out! Oh, and don't worry about anchoring Skyline35. If you didn't, he would carry his big camera and a pack full of rocks, or whatever heavy stuff, to anchor himself anyway.

Thank you, Ms. Shred. I knew there had to be one reader out there. Now that I know who you are, I probably should just send my ride reports to you via PMs from now on. Hope you are having a lot of fun riding at Skeggs right at this moment.

///Charlie
    Charlie: Roy, Roy, open you eyes... Roy, open your eyes.
    Roy: They are open!

They really *are* open! Alright, now why that did not make ratpick laugh is beyond me. Skyline35, thank you for being there at our finish line and for the photo that still makes me laugh now. You got me curious what pattern the salt lines were exhibiting on the back of my jersey, but it got washed before I remembered to take a look.

As for ratpicks post below (or above depending on your display order), he said it himself, "I'm still drunk," so it was just drunk talk. See, I could have not survived on two bottles of water only. My bike can take one shorty bottle (16oz), and I refilled it twice. So it was three bottles total in addition to what I drank at the car and CM06! It's only Skeggs where I can get away with it though.

We all had to stop for a string of 7 riders coming down Lower Fir. So, raptick, you may well have PR'ed if there had been no interruption. But considering you already have the KOM on it, it'll just be a battle between you and yourself. How exciting can that be? One of the riders commented, "Nobody climbs this thing. Crazy!" I found myself thinking "why would anyone descend this thing when Resolution is right there?" That was before we turned around at the top and descended it ourselves.

Ok peeps, I overheard ratpick talking to himself over his beer at Alice's that he may call another one later in the year. So, what did I say earlier? Make your plans, but always have a contingency. And you should always have your bike (or one of your bikes) ready to go at all time.

Wēk Sôs
    Let me tell you something in secret -- a ride called Skeggs to HMB is coming up on Labor Day weekend. Start training before others find out!
    They mentioned it on the ride yesterday. I'm going to build up a road bike and get some centuries in, but with it being 1 month out, I don't think it's possible this year. 50miles, 8K feet, is alot.

I like mtn biking, too
    Just looking over the Skeggs everything lite route - that route is full of win! That's basically a sample of everything worth riding there in the proper direction.
    Well, that was, in fact, full of win! So glad rho could make it out for a "recovery ride"! It was fun to (try to) follow somebody fast on the downhills. Rho gets a special pass to not ever have to buy a seatpost dropper or a full suspension bike.

Not sure why my ride stats don't match the aforementioned 27 miles/6700 feet. Maybe someone can spot the missing trail??

Looking forward to making an attempt on everything Skeggs - cheater bike should be ready for action, and on standby by next weekend.

~Fairfaxian

rho
    Life is strange

Looking forward to making an attempt on everything Skeggs - cheater bike should be ready for action, and on standby by next weekend.
    Good riding with ya today!

I'm going to go dig up some "lighter" tires for the next time the "everything" skeggs comes up. I'm reasonably confident I could "do" the ride with the not A group, it just wouldn't be all that fast!

I'm a "she".
    Not sure why my ride stats don't match the aforementioned 27 miles/6700 feet. Maybe someone can spot the missing trail???
    Nice job! The only piece I had extra on my ride was I went all the way to CM10 before hitting Star Hill, but that would not have accounted for 3 miles (maybe not even 1 mile). I've seen a GPS short on mileage when it's tucked in jersey pocket or in a pack. Was that the case with yours?

M8 M12 M15 deez nuts
    “Wow!!!” is all I have to exclaim, given the heat index involved. I am eagerly anticipating the October ride—assuming it is still on this year?

I like mtn biking, too
    Nice job! The only piece I had extra on my ride was I went all the way to CM10 before hitting Star Hill, but that would not have accounted for 3 miles (maybe not even 1 mile). I've seen a GPS short on mileage when it's tucked in jersey pocket or in a pack. Was that the case with yours?
    It was on the handlebars, but underneath a bunch of tall trees and canyon walls. Good to know I didn't short the route.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    I'm still thinking of re-running Skeggs Everything later in the year. It would be at a more "social" pace, full day, more breaks, so as many can give it a go as possible. I may still have to convince mudworm to come along to make sure I don't miss any turns!

BTW, changes we made to the route this time:
    - as with last year, we did the out-n-back on Blue Blossom before climbing Springboard (official route does it later)
    - instead of stashing food at the exit point 'OO' on South Leaf, we exited and rode back up Star Hill Rd to the car - very easy riding and worth the lack of hassle. Once refueled, we rode back down Star ill Rd to the 'OO' entrance and resumed the route
    - Towards the end, after descending Tafoni, we did the out-n-back down ECdM trail to the bottom of Resolution; the main reason was to allow us to go straight from the end of Resolution to the cars later, but I was also delaying the long climb up ECdM trail!

mudworm pointed out that the CM-01 - Tafoni - ECdM - CM-01 loop could actually be done in the reverse direction which I would definitely want to try next time. Climbing Tafoni rather than ECdM seems full of win to me!

More pie please
    - as with last year, we did the out-n-back on Blue Blossom before climbing Springboard (official route does it later)
    - instead of stashing food at the exit point 'OO' on South Leaf, we exited and rode back up Star Hill Rd to the car - very easy riding and worth the lack of hassle. Once refueled, we rode back down Star ill Rd to the 'OO' entrance and resumed the route
    - Towards the end, after descending Tafoni, we did the out-n-back down ECdM trail to the bottom of Resolution; the main reason was to allow us to go straight from the end of Resolution to the cars later, but I was also delaying the long climb up ECdM trail!
    And this time you actually went to Skeggs Point.
    Long live long rides

Let's Ride!
    I'm still thinking of re-running Skeggs Everything later in the year. It would be at a more "social" pace, full day, more breaks, so as many can give it a go as possible. I may still have to convince mudworm to come along to make sure I don't miss any turns!

mudworm pointed out that the CM-01 - Tafoni - ECdM - CM-01 loop could actually be done in the reverse direction which I would definitely want to try next time. Climbing Tafoni rather than ECdM seems full of win to me!
    if you make it later in the year and mellower, I'm in!!
    Master of Nothing, but dammit if I don't try..............

mtbr member
    If "mellower" means something less than Skeggs Everything then you'll need to find another thread But definitely plan to take more time next time around.. probably ride in September or October, I'm guessing...

~~~
    Nice job, guys! Almost makes me want to attempt the Skeggs Lite version. Almost.

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by tburger View Post
    Nice job, guys! Almost makes me want to attempt the Skeggs Lite version. Almost.
    You should. Its a stellar route.

I'd like to give it a shot again in a couple of weeks, when I have some time and didn't ride a bunch the day before...

~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    You should. Its a stellar route.

I'd like to give it a shot again in a couple of weeks, when I have some time and didn't ride a bunch the day before...
    August 4th or 5th? Rest of August doesn't look good. And then I'm assuming Skeggs to HMB is coming up Labor Day weekend.

mtbr member
    August 4th or 5th? Rest of August doesn't look good. And then I'm assuming Skeggs to HMB is coming up Labor Day weekend.
    Doesn't work for me, although I can do 12,25 or 26th August. Mid September also ok.

Useful to have a guide who has done it before, although I've yet to do it and not make a mistake (all fortunately caught quickly It is something of a challenge to try and do it yourself from just the map.

I'm a "she".
    It is something of a challenge to try and do it yourself from just the map.
    The is the Lite version people are talking about, right? It's a lot simpler to navigate than the Full version. If I could follow this map without any trouble, so can anyone else! The Lite ride deserves its own thread because it's THAT good, and because it appears that people sometimes get confused of the two versions and it's not always clear which ride one is referring to.

mtbr member
    The is the Lite version people are talking about, right? It's a lot simpler to navigate than the Full version. If I could follow this map without any trouble, so can anyone else! The Lite ride deserves its own thread because it's THAT good, and because it appears that people sometimes get confused of the two versions and it's not always clear which ride one is referring to.
    I was assuming Skeggs Everything (full leaded version). It's not Skeggs Everything if you don't ride it all

I'm a "she".
    I may still have to convince mudworm to come along to make sure I don't miss any turns!
    Yeah, I can do this ride without a map or track now

Had the Friday off. We were that close to going to Tahoe (got a few killer rides in mind), but then felt lazy (argh, the long drive!). Got up late and decided to stay local and do a Skeggs Everything Hall of Fame induction ride for mudncrud since he seemed never able to make it when I did it. I incoporated all the suggestions/changes listed in posts 133 and 134 (including the CCW ECdM & Tafoni loop, which I do prefer over CW direction), and made very sure not to miss any single inch of the trail. Following is a complete track of this recommended version in case anyone wants a download:

Same track is available at Garmin Connect and MTBGuru.

I love the fact that there is no PO, no ticks, and no burrs, and even no worries of sun burn (I don't bother slathering on sun block while riding here). People complain about rangers, but ticketing is still fairly rare in comparison to how many people ride there everyday. On top of that, the great trails. But... but...I'm feeling a little Skeggs Everything'ed out , at least for now.
    Last edited by mudworm; 07-28-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Add "out" in Skeggs Everything'ed out.

mtbr member
    Yeah, I can do this ride without a map or track now

Had the Friday off.
    Haha.. you're hilarious

Although it is a pretty awesome ride! Congrats on mudncrud joining the team!

Who won the race up Springboard?

I'm a "she".
    Who won the race up Springboard?
    Definitely he handsdown!

He PR'ed on it and this was after 20+ miles (incl. Lower Fir and Lawrence Creek e.g.) All day, I was guiding him from behind! I think the secret of his is no riding all week

You have fun at tomorrow's SCMC 200k, ratpick!
    Last edited by mudworm; 07-28-2012 at 10:30 AM. Reason: him or he?

ask
    user
    Wow... Nice ride. I think I passed you guys on Blue Blossom. You looked like you were on a mission climbing BB, otherwise I would have stopped to say hi.

Skeggs weather/dirt was perfect yesterday.
    "...That said, we exhausted the comedy material in this thread, so we're done here." -KMax

I'm a "she".
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    Wow... Nice ride. I think I passed you guys on Blue Blossom. You looked like you were on a mission climbing BB, otherwise I would have stopped to say hi.
    First thought, it had to be Springboard (section below BB). Second thought, did we run into anybody? With the help from mudncrud, the memory finally came back to me. You were the Mr. "Just me." Why should you stop? You were on a fast downhill section and there was no need to interrupt the flow! That said, we did stop while descending Gordon Mill to compliment on a guy's nice pooch and warn him of a potential hefty fine for bringing a dog to Skeggs. As for us, yeah, every (real) climb is a no-dab quest (a protocol dated back prior to Strava, and most likely originated from Coe). Thank you for being so considerate.

And now, hi!

mtbr member
    May 2010
    riding without dabs is not just a Coe thing. It is simply old school riding. Even way back in the full rigid bike with 1.90 tires days the desire was no dabs. Remember many a days try the same section of trail over and over.
    Here's to sweat in your eye.

King Of Tooth Tarter

On the Plaque

Quote Originally Posted by mudncrud View Post
    riding without dabs is not just a Coe thing. It is simply old school riding. Even way back in the full rigid bike with 1.90 tires days the desire was no dabs. Remember many a days try the same section of trail over and over.
    Well done Eric. I'm glad you finally got a chance to enjoy this pleasure. It is long and hard enough that I can do this occasionally and still not miss Coe that much. Fun single track, long climbs and if I go with Mei and/or Patrick I can feel like I've been worked seriously. That last ride was some good old fashioned pain!

Roy.

mtbr member
    If "mellower" means something less than Skeggs Everything then you'll need to find another thread But definitely plan to take more time next time around.. probably ride in September or October, I'm guessing...
    I'd love to do it again in Sept or Oct. All the weekends in Aug are already full for me.

I'm a "she".
    That last ride was some good old fashioned fun!
    Fixed!

mtbr member
    Thank you, Ms. Shred. I knew there had to be one reader out there. Now that I know who you are, I probably should just send my ride reports to you via PMs from now on. Hope you are having a lot of fun riding at Skeggs right at this moment.
    Wait! Wait! I'm your second reader! If I match your first Downieville time this weekend I will be overjoyed. Was very inspired by your entry and decided to race this weekend despite having a difficult time on the pre-ride two days ago. Thanks!

I'm a "she".
    Quote Originally Posted by Christieland
    Wait! Wait! I'm your second reader!
    Hello there, the other reader . Thank you for your kind words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christieland
    ...Downieville...
    The race day can only be better than the pre-ride because it's all supported! Just don't let the race pressure get to you. It's all for fun!

More pie please

My 2013 Solstice Ride

From 2012...
    Thanks for the inspiration guys; yesterday I completed the Everything Skeggs route. A prediction of 70º temps and 8:33pm sunset so I decided to go for it.

Miles = 46.38

///Charlie
    Today had cool temps and a late sunset so I decided to give it another go before the new trails are opened—and Everything Skeggs must change—to see if I could improve my time.

Today's results:

Total time = 9:37
    Moving time = 7:26

2012 times are in the quote above. There was some improvement and I give credit to the new, much lighter bike.

Link to Open Street Map.

Link to my paper mark-up map.

I made the three mods noted above and didn't reverse the CM-01 - Tafoni - ECdM - CM-01 loop.

I did reverse the CrossCut » CrossOver » Timberview » Gordon Mill » CrossCut loop around the "Old Growth Redwood"; much better to descend lower Timberview than climb it.

Oh, and since Sierra Morena is currently closed between CMØ3 and CMØ4, I rode Skyline 35 out & back to CMØ4.

///Charlie

La Honda

Last edited by Skyline35; 06-20-2013 at 12:13 AM. Reason: typo, add another link
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    That is burly! Nicely played.
    "It's just that nobody likes Cornfish." francois

~~~
    From 2012...

Today had cool temps and a late sunset so I decided to give it another go before the new trails are opened—and Everything Skeggs must change—to see if I could improve my time.

Today's results:

Nicely done! Might be time for a Skeggs Lite ride again!

I'm a "she".
    From 2012...

Today's results:
    That's rad, Charlie!!! Give it two more times, the course record will be yours!

And it's not the bike. It's all you!!!

pro leisure tour
    Hmmm.......These long days are just calling out for a ride like this. Might be time to do it again, this time with Charlie's new route. I missed the first turn last time and had to repeat some stuff in order to get a true "everything".
    If you see someone without a smile, give them yours

rho
    Life is strange
    Nicely done! Might be time for a Skeggs Lite ride again!
    This.

I like mtn biking, too
    Today I finally checked this one off of the bucket list! It's a great route. It took, I don't know, a year or more for after the idea was implanted, so it's about time. It lay dormant in my subconscious for a while, until I read that my training plan required a 7 hour trail ride. I thought, where the heck am I going to find a route for that?! Then I noticed that Charlie bumped this thread with his ride report! Thanks Charlie! The people of mtbr can sometimes be truly inspiring.

Mudworm's blog post and ride really helped with the planning. The scariest thing about this ride isn't just that it's 10k of climbing over just 40 miles (doh!) It's more that if you miss just one little trail you'll have to go and do it again or it's not the full ride! Ack! So I had to make my own map from Mudworm's route just to make sure I could read it ok and not be stopping for 15 minutes at every intersection. I used a different color highlighter for each segment. Whenever the route did a backtrack, I'd use another color, so if the trail had two colors on it, I knew to backtrack. Having familiarity with Skeggs helped.
    Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_3325.jpg

When the ride started out, fogzilla was in full force and it was 50F and raining!
    Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_3318.jpg

Of course, this turned Sierra Morena trail into a minor stream bed. I wore SM mud on me and my bike for the rest of the ride. It was a foggy, spooky trip to the old growth redwood.
    Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-img_3319-smaller.jpg

Around 1pm, the clouds parted and rays of filtered sunshine started sparkling through the redwoods as they were still dripping and steaming. Nice. Norcal rocks.

I carried a pack with 2L of water, but also made a drop of water and electrolyte mix at both CM-05 (off Bear gulch rd.), which was nice because it was roughly the half way point, and CM-02, about 10 miles from the finish. I thought it would be hot, silly me! This is Skeggs! I didn't need my second drop. I consumed about 3 Vega endurance gels the first half of the ride. They were kind of yucky, but they felt like rocket fuel! I stashed 32oz. of smoothie (banana, strawb, date & beet greens) at CM-05 which was awesome. After that, I ate 2 Luna bars at various points.

I heard lots of planes flying over Skeggs today. Some small planes, a big plane, and it got me thinking about the Resolution, and wondering if one of them was going to crash. I went to the Resolution memorial to pay my respects, and found someone had placed a small two-sided flag with the Aussie flag on one side, and US on the other. Ironic that there was a plane crash at SFO today.
    Skeggs Everything - Oct 29-resolutionmemorial.jpg

OK I won't bore you with further details:
    Last edited by shredchic; 07-07-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: adding another pic of map
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member

Awesome! Like you, I've been thinking of Skeggs Everything since Skyline35's reride. I'd post a ride but we don't do that here on MTBR anymore

Btw, details are never boring! Great ride!

mtbr member
    Great job! I was out there yesterday ,too bad I missed you, mind you I rode only a quarter of your ride. Sierra Morena was a mess that's for sure. Weather conditions were good for a long ride except for the condition of Sierra Morena. Looks like you did it on your hard tail? Awesome accomplishment. I hope someday to try something like that out there.

I like mtn biking, too

Crap! I actually missed a .6 mile section of ECDM. I was supposed to pass the tafoni trail, continue down to Resolution, then backtrack to Tafoni! Ack, maybe i should have consulted the map at every intersection? So this was an almost everything ride! Oh well, at least I made my main goal of 7 hours riding with 10k footies.
    ~Fairfaxian

~~~
    Crap! I actually missed a .6 mile section of ECDM. I was supposed to pass the tafoni trail, continue down to Resolution, then backtrack to Tafoni! Ack, maybe i should have consulted the map at every intersection? So this was an almost everything ride! Oh well, at least I made my main goal of 7 hours riding with 10k footies.
    DQ'd. Doesn't count. Just to make sure, I'm going to flag your ride on Strava, too.

rho
    Life is strange
    Nice ride! Even with the missed section! haha.... Not like you missed much with that missed section. you (and peter) should come out to TNGR this week...

More pie please
    Well, at least no kittens died :-)

I can totally see how that happened....down Resolution » ECdM » North Leaf like you've done a million times before and all you're thinking about is getting back to the car.

But still, good job!!!

///Charlie

p.s. I'll counter-flag tburger!
    Long live long rides

I like mtn biking, too

Tburger and TJ - you guys are next! Haha... I am re-doing this ride and you guys are coming along. and whoever else wants to share in the suffer... Er fun!
    ~Fairfaxian

I like mtn biking, too

And Smilerz...
    ~Fairfaxian

I'm a "she".
    Whoohoo... a new addition to Skeggs Everything Hall of Fame! Congratulations (again)!!!

If there is a group ride, I'd be interested... if I can get out of my "parenting" duty that day. (The new kid is my newly arrived nephew from China attending 4 years of private high school in the area.) I'm riding slower these days, but I can still guide from behind.

MarkyMark
    That was extremely impressive, Skyline35 and Shredchic!

I think I'd be up for a Skeggs-lite (or more) ride. I've only ridden in Skeggs a few times this year. We were there this past Sunday and conditions were terrific.

rho
    Life is strange
    Tburger and TJ - you guys are next! Haha... I am re-doing this ride and you guys are coming along. and whoever else wants to share in the suffer... Er fun!
    Yer on! Just.. uh.. give me like a month to prepare.

mtbr member

Lemme know if you redo. This is awesome fun as a group ride and I'm in!

mtbr member
    I'd be interested in joining as well, last time didn't quite get everything (got almost all singletrack though).

I like mtn biking, too
    Fellow footie junkies - how about an Everything Skeggs this coming weekend? Sept. 14 or 15? This dovetails nicely with this Strava challenge (Eurosport & CyclingTips Vuelta Skelta).

I can do either Saturday or Sunday, whichever works better for peeps!
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Slight chance I could try it this weekend...haven't been biking much though, just a couple rides in the past couple months. But one was an 11k ride on my 34 lb bike at Demo, so on my "light" bike (30+ lbs) I can probably keep up pretty well as long as I don't do anything dumb (like try to clean lower Fir...). Not sure I can get cleared of kiddie duty either...

Hipster

I vote for Saturday so I can recover on Sunday!

I'm a "she".
    What, another Skeggs Everything ride ... again???

Well, I did say that I'd be interested in a group ride, didn't I? I have guardian duty on Friday and Saturday, so Sunday is the only day that works for me (and Mr. Mud).

mbolt, I have an impression that you are the type that would go out and do a 10k for a recovery ride anyway.

However, if Saturday works best for most people, by all means, go for it. I'll survive.

fc
    Ha, ha... another crazy ride. Tempting! Long ride where you're never too far from the beer.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I was just chatting with plymmer that it's about time to do this again. The muds' recently recent rerun just popped it high on the list. But Saturday 9/14 is out for me and plymmer. Could do Sunday. Awesome ride - and you *must* climb lower Fir to claim a spot on the "Skeggs Everything" wall of fame.

Hipster

I was just chatting with plymmer that it's about time to do this again. The muds' recently recent rerun just popped it high on the list. But Saturday 9/14 is out for me and plymmer. Could do Sunday. Awesome ride - and you *must* climb lower Fir to claim a spot on the "Skeggs Everything" wall of fame.
    Hmm.. You've had that lower fir KOM for quite a while now...

mtbr member
    Hmm.. You've had that lower fir KOM for quite a while now...
    Could someone stick some rocks in mboldt's camelbak... *please*

To be fair, pmarshall could have taken it from me on the last group Skeggs Everything ride but, being a true gentleman, held up. Conditions were much better (less overgrown) back when I got it too. But yes, it's time..

Hipster

Could someone stick some rocks in mboldt's camelbak... *please*

To be fair, pmarshall could have taken it from me on the last group Skeggs Everything ride but, being a true gentleman, held up. Conditions were much better (less overgrown) back when I got it too. But yes, it's time..
    Although chances of Strava matching an effort to a segment is pretty low at Skeggs!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Fellow footie junkies - how about an Everything Skeggs this coming weekend? Sept. 14 or 15? This dovetails nicely with this Strava challenge (Eurosport & CyclingTips Vuelta Skelta).

I can do either Saturday or Sunday, whichever works better for peeps!
    I'd like to try a skeggs everything, if not this weekend Sept 28 or 29?
    Need to train for that TBF endurance ride in october!

~~~
    The 'Lite' version is about all I can handle before I start hating my bike.

rho
    Life is strange

Re: Skeggs Everything - Oct 29

I like big dumb rides.... Bit too short notice for me to plan on attending. I might be able to make a couple hour ride out there however...

Sent by smoke signal.

I like mtn biking, too
    OK,
    mudworm & ratpick = 2 for Sunday (& maybe mr. mud too?)
    mboldt = 1 for Sat in order to "recover" on Sunday - but that's what Mondays at the office are for! I vote that mboldt joins us on Sunday
    randomroot & rho = 2 for later date

It is looking like Sunday is winning out for me anyway... I want to have a lite weekend 9/28 in order to save legs for the Hard CoeRe 100k. (13k'! Doh!). But don't let me stop you two from scheduling another one in for that weekend.

I'm looking at a 9am start from CM-08, but you fast kids can start later and meet me at the top of lower Fir.
    I will arrive early to make my stash dropoff before then, and recommend others do the same if they need a stash.
    ~Fairfaxian

King Of Tooth Tarter
    Sunday works for me also.

rho
    Life is strange
    Stabbed my self in the hand. No mountain biking for me this weekend.

I'm bummed!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Awesome ride - and you *must* climb lower Fir to claim a spot on the "Skeggs Everything" wall of fame.
    Climb the full thing, no dabs? I've made it to the final rocky pitch only once (probably would've another time except for mud), but I doubt I could ever get that clean! Seems like the rocky section is always damp/mossy, except for when it's way too loose/dusty...but I bet it could be perfect conditions and I'd never get it...kinda like Bear Mountain!

Anyway, attempting to get lower Fir clean is a quick ticket to muscle cramps later in the ride...for me at least!

Sunday is better for me, but still low probability I can get out of kiddie duty...

I like mtn biking, too
    Cleaning lower fir is only a requirement for ratpick and mboldt. I'm with locoyokel, and will be saving my legs for the remaining 9k+ feet of climbing after lower fir.
    ~Fairfaxian

King Of Tooth Tarter

Is this for real?

Cleaning lower fir is only a requirement for ratpick and mboldt. I'm with locoyokel, and will be saving my legs for the remaining 9k+ feet of climbing after lower fir.
    So, it is a go for Sunday? The starting point is "9am start from CM-08". How about a refresher on where CM-08 is?

Roy.

King Of Tooth Tarter
    Alright. Here it is from Patrick's post a long long time ago in this post:

"Where's that?: From Skyline, turn down Tunitas Creek Rd (or Swett), take a left on Star Hill Rd and follow it around until the intersection with Native Sons Rd. There's a clearing on the left where you can park (room for about 6-8 cars, from memory)."

And this useful map:

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=S...ra=mr&t=h&z=18

Roy.

King Of Tooth Tarter
    By the way, does any body have a que sheet for this ride? Patrick's on Bike route toaster seems a bit dated:
    Bike Route Toaster. Plus, unless I'm looking at it wrong, I don't see any trail names.

Roy.

King Of Tooth Tarter
    Oh, nothing. I just wanted to generally annoy people with yet another post. You all can go back to eating your Cheerios and bourbon.

Roy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Awesome que sheet and map! That settles it, I will be there on Sunday on my single speed. Might start earlier than 9 so look for the big white truck at CM08 or the idiot with no gears out on the trails!
    "It's just that nobody likes Cornfish." francois

I like mtn biking, too
    So, it is a go for Sunday? The starting point is "9am start from CM-08". How about a refresher on where CM-08 is?

Roy.
    For realz! Patrick's description is correct.
    ~Fairfaxian

I like mtn biking, too
    I guess I should ask, is 9AM start ok for this Sunday for everyone? Judging from the strava data on mudworm's site, I am the slowest, and it takes me about 7 hrs. riding time/8 hrs. total time to complete. We can even start at 10 and still have daylight left.
    ~Fairfaxian

mtbr member
    Sorry to say that I'm out, even on Sunday. The America's Cup will race, and probably finish, on Sunday and my Kiwi wife *insists* that I'm there to see the cup return to Auckland!

I like mtn biking, too
    Sorry to say that I'm out, even on Sunday. The America's Cup will race, and probably finish, on Sunday and my Kiwi wife *insists* that I'm there to see the cup return to Auckland!
    That is *way* higher priority! Go kiwis!
    ~Fairfaxian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast