Maxxis... . . . .- Mtbr.com
    trail fairy

Maxxis... . . . .

Meet MAXXIS !!

My new care giver, Im not sure yet who needs to take care of who, I guess well figure that out when we both work out what the job description is

Chur..

There's a MAXXIS in my/his kitchen

Already settled in and chewing on a rag toy and his basket, hes pee'd only on the floor so easy to clean but we have set him up nicely now, and its routine time now every hour out for wee walk to his tree, hopefully one day he'll work out what its for and why we go there

Having a wee snuggle

Opps a MAXXIS breaking loose

A MAXXIS at the keyboard

Finally the little MAXXIS has gone to sleep, first night together hes already farting and snoring in bed

His Mum, a terrier cross Dad was a big Lab..nice dog great personality real sad to see her boy go I think ..

Ya know ya never pick a dog, it picks you, a dog was on my list of thingswhich Ive created, its a big one for many things, Ive had with all my time, and while Ive thought about it I wasn't looking, but as life does when that happens opportunity knocks and so it did here too, it feels right, he chose me and its been full on since hes snoring on the bed and Im still too overtired to sleep, wired is an understatement, no doubt he'll wear me out though!

Hes gonna be a great runner one day 2, for the Spot and RFX
    Last edited by trailadvent; 06-07-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    congrats on the dog, TA!

He looks like a smart fella...hopefully he will be a good trail dog too

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    congrats on the dog, TA!

He looks like a smart fella...hopefully he will be a good trail dog too
    Thanx crisillo, thats the long term plan, hes got some good mix's so hoping that, we have some time to develop together, and will help speed things up and make us stronger as well, has lifted me another level mentally so far already

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Thanx crisillo, thats the long term plan, hes got some good mix's so hoping that, we have some time to develop together, and will help speed things up and make us stronger as well, has lifted me another level mentally so far already

Glad to hear that..... all will help for you to fully recover and rip the trails (with canine company now )

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    well done ta.
    No, I'm NOT back!

TLL

Apr 2008
    Cute pup there, TA. Good name as well!

trail fairy
    Thanx guys appreciate!

Hes been very ggod so far and seems to be settling in well not causing me any grief with the body so looks like the right one picked me hes got a very calm nature though he did want to have a play with the duster,just left him at it, after his first pee outing in the middle of the night, which was all good cause I needed it too, so far we have watches sycronised

chur

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Time flies...
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    Cute pup there, TA. Good name as well!
    ...ditto...
    ...every day sends future to past...

trail fairy
    Cher XJ

Ive always wanted to name my dog Maxxis so I was stoked when I laid eyes on him in the pack, he looked like a maxxis.

Maxxis Maximus ta jnr

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Cute pup you have there.

It's always fun to have a pooch around the house and on the trail.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003
    Sweet! It's alway cool to have a four legged companion around (especially if they fart!). Enjoy man, hopefully the house training goes well...

happy trails...

squish

--Doh, Dad's computer, not mine, forgot to log on.--
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

fart dogs kick ass. odus is a good fart dog and i tell him so all the time.

my next dog will be maned bob. or maybe dammit. come dammit! sit dammit! stay dammit!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Large member
    Cool beastie and good choice fella.

Nice to hear you're compatible in bed - Whafe says you've been through a few dogs in your time

trail fairy
    Thanx old man and Squash/Squish Im confused now yer both right it is fun sorta forgot how much attention they need but thats all good, he has a short burst then wnats to sleep bit like me so we on the same page, hes so funny he wants to chew or paly with anything the he toddles of to his basket with whatever is his latest thing and puts it in the basket as if to say I own this now, and Im gonna chew the **** out of it when I want, oh my crocs were the latest lol
    Yeah hes right up there on the farting and snoring now if only i can get hiom to use the pee tree The house training wil be half the fun, I will no doubt lear heaps.

Chur guy's.

To say I have not had the smile of my face since yesterday is an understatment,[I think we both feel the same way] we seemed to have bonded very quickly too and hes totally at home as long as Im close I think my alone time is now over

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    fart dogs kick ass. odus is a good fart dog and i tell him so all the time.

my next dog will be maned bob. or maybe dammit. come dammit! sit dammit! stay dammit!
    you breeding dogs there CC, sheesh I would love more but I think ones all I can handle, and thats just the farting

Nice names, I don't need to call this one much @ the mo he just follows me everywhere so far, if he does that on the trail eventually then I'll be very happy, Ive seen how some dogs take there owners for rides not the other way around and spend all day looking for them

Some morning piccs

Little bugga already has his basket full of everything he can get his nose into

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidybeard
    Cool beastie and good choice fella.

Nice to hear you're compatible in bed - Whafe says you've been through a few dogs in your time
    Chur TB it was him or Shrek !

but I didnt' think he'd be too good to cuddle up too or so good on the trail

Yeah I'm good in bed, lest I don't fart in bed either have some standards, and well ya know what they say about those that tell

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Bite Me.
    Awesome TA! Black dogs rock. So is MAXXIS a Hookworm (hope not), Ignitor ( possibly worse), an Excavator (watch the garden) or High Roller (great AM trail dog)??
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Awesome TA! Black dogs rock. So is MAXXIS a Hookworm (hope not), Ignitor ( possibly worse), an Excavator (watch the garden) or High Roller (great AM trail dog)??
    Chur cutty, I'm not fully sure yet, but we had some fun time observing em in the litter and seeing the dynamics etc, hes a thinker and his own personality and also quite calm, though if Im out of site hes got a whine when he wants to, I think thats more about being in a new enviroment and taken from mum and his familiar surroundings , I mean we bonded and I get the sense he wanted that, almost like he was ready too with the right person, but he still needs that comfort in his new world.

All great personality combo's but I think hes got a bit of minion in him swampthing and maybe ardent, not sure of his gardening skills as yet hes still hestitant to go loose, hes stil not keen on going to the pee tree but thats just time, we going slow, I got heaps of time so we can go nice n easy hes like the bed so thats good its the warmess place and best for me to relax recover from too big days in a row, Im pretty beat..

I agree I like black dogs too, better when they get muddy too, they don't stain lol, definitley nice to have a pal, we got some routines going but hes still got a ways to get used to them, and Im cooking him up some chicken mince and brown rice mix for dinner tonight, but he hooks into anything, he had chicken necks for breaky and waffed those down, and we both have a weakness for ginger nutz

Last edited by trailadvent; 06-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

i can't type the letter s
    Awesome TA! Labs (or mix, whateva) make great trail dogs. I took mine out today (Australian Shepherd)d and poor thing had a foxtail in her foot for awhile before I noticed it. She was subtly limping and a little slower than usual so I chcked her feet. They are a lot of fun and great companions.

Good luck on the potty training. I crate my dogs at night when I'm training them. It goes a lot faster and easier.

tom

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse jockey
    Awesome TA! Labs (or mix, whateva) make great trail dogs. I took mine out today (Australian Shepherd)d and poor thing had a foxtail in her foot for awhile before I noticed it. She was subtly limping and a little slower than usual so I chcked her feet. They are a lot of fun and great companions.

Good luck on the potty training. I crate my dogs at night when I'm training them. It goes a lot faster and easier.

tom
    Chur Tom, great to know they make great trail dogs, hes got such an aweome personality, today has been a total hoot, real busy, games manily him playing with my socks towles and anything he can rip apart duster, some naps and lots of potty training, but so far hes been very good considering hes just been taken away from his home, we are best of mates already.

So youve given me more confidence I made the right decision! Hope your dog's foot heals up quick, and I think ya bang on will be a great companion, and good all round. once hes totally happy here we will start extending further from home to the letter box but at mo keep him close to build his confidence!

Yeah the potty training we are both learning I know when he wants to go so Im ready to get him into the kennal which has a tray floor and I full it with paper so he only messes that then I burn it in the pot belly fire its very cold here at mo so good fue

What do you mean crate them, where? I need tips, good friends have leant me this awesome kennel and a book about raising dogs, Im not a noob but there's always things to learn esspecially when it your own and hes only 8 weeks.

He won't pee or poo outside he just looks like Ive out him in the dog box no pun and sulks a bit then wants to go inside and pee, which he does imeadiatley in the pen, Im trying to get him into a routine each hour to visit the pee tree but its new for both of us

Thanx Tom appreciate the coments and any tips!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

He looks great TA! It's good to hear that you went ahead and got him.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by RSutton1223
    He looks great TA! It's good to hear that you went ahead and got him.
    Chur buddy, yeah was a big decision, thanks for all ya support, I also had some help from some other close freinds, who hooked me up, took me to see the litter and just gave me some good support, I never felt doubt in my own mind, I have to step that up now and this helps! but its hard to gauge yourself sometimes esspecially in my recovery.

This all happened by opportunity, it was in my plan and was thinking about it but had not organised anything, it just fell into my lap, which sometimes is best, he's a real beauty, personality wise, look, stance, attitude, intelligence, cheekiness, I couldn't be happier.

Weve been very busy together, just around the house, and hes been good with the house, but socks, brooms, dusters anything fluffy, are a target!

I'm looking forward to in a few weeks getting him enrolled in puppy classes, see how I go, Ive got to fit swimming in somewhere

Chur

A couple more
    He loves his belly rubbed, best way to stop him in his tracks, quite amazing

Sleeping like a log, he often has his nose right by my face or on it, he likes to be close, and hes been very good hardly wakes me up or disturbs me at all!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Maxxis get that dam bird

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Hey TrailAdvent, everybody at Maxxis/CST wishes you and Maxxis the best. He looks smart and mischevious........ perfect dog! Like our tires keep'em fast, dirty, and full!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Treybiker
    Hey TrailAdvent, everybody at Maxxis/CST wishes you and Maxxis the best. He looks smart and mischevious........ perfect dog! Like our tires keep'em fast, dirty, and full!
    Cheers Treybiker, that's great advice, apprciate the wishes! will try to live up to that at the mo hes full of mischevy and he certainley hooks up!

Chur

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

TA,
    What a great looking dog he is! Looks like he is a lot of fun and Im sure will help keep your spirits up. Great choice and cool name.

Looking forward to seeing trail pics when hes a bit grown up and you are 100%.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    TA,
    What a great looking dog he is! Looks like he is a lot of fun and Im sure will help keep your spirits up. Great choice and cool name.

Looking forward to seeing trail pics when hes a bit grown up and you are 100%.
    Thanks CD, yer all confirming I made the right choice [not that I had any doubts] I think the same way everytime I look at his face and those dam eyes

Yeah Ive always wanted to call him/dog that, it was always going to be a boy LOL..

Yeah I will definitley have him out on the trail when Im back again if I survive the journey with him lol, he may wear me out first eek, last couple of days now he's settled down and have been pretty full on, I've not had these pain levels for a bit, but its good I need to be pushed, and hes the only one prepared to take it on, seems to be loving it so far the little bugga, hes going to be a great dog and freind, companion, if I can train him up right he'll be wicked on the trail, my time has somehow disapeared, lol!

The potty training is going well, we both seem to have been synchronised fully now and hes almost 100% outside now, he knows exactly where to go for two's and ones once hes on the grass anything goes, dads the same, except hes chewing up all my mags in the bathroom Lucky those ones are MBA so hes can have those, except for the Turner reveiw ones, he seems to like DIRT and DECLINE so they are safe for now!

Though he did have a crack at my MTB DVD collection everything has had to be raised off ground or restored somehwere, hes a dam chewer for attention, all good.

My uncle has dropped in on one of his roving RV missions so has cut my lawns, and took us to the rugby ground yesterday for Maxxis first outing from home, which he loved seemed to take to it well, it wore him out quick and mehe folwed a couple of single tracks no probs at all and just fell into line behind me, amazing realy, I even let him off the lesh but he stays pretty close, game of ball only lasted a couple of throws then he just sat down saying thats it Ive had enough, and slept like a baby all the way home!

Anyways I could write all day about his mischief and exploits so will finish on that note, I will be giving you all some relief as he doesn't like me on the keyboard so we have a routine for that now too..

Thanx again CD for the nice comments he's definitley up lifting and tiring at the same time but its what I expected and wouldn't have it any other way, I like a challenge in any relationship, as long as its balanced..

Chur...

Ps we going in the RV to the beach today, so I can rest and see the Ocean again and take Maxxis to the beach whoooo......
    Last edited by trailadvent; 06-11-2008 at 03:08 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Well its been a little over a week now and weve settled in on each other , last week was all go but we got a routine down pretty quick and once I got him an a stable diet mainly of meaty bones [chur Helen] hes happier more settled and well behaved!
    I was leant a very good book, so am rocking on the food side and its all good!
    Good read too!

Give your dog a bone - Ian Billinghurst!

Maxxis did go to the Vet this week though for his imunisation shots check up and worming flee tabs etc and hes all good, healthy 8.5lbs boy..

heres some shotz from vets, hes quite the star with the ladies, I never had it so good

Some kittens for give away love the tent, sits on the counter in the Vets..

My boy being good and relaxed on the Vets table

Been very good so the lovely Vet gave him a wee treat

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

MW
    mtbr member
    Been outta the loop for a couple weeks here . . . just found this thread, and it's miles of smiles! Good on you for taking the plunge, TA . . . puppies are good for the soul, and that'll probably go a long way in your recovery, no? Intangibles and all that.

Cheers,

--MW

trail fairy
    thanks MW yeah its going well, we Home Team, nurse thinks we made for each other, hes pretty cool, and def good for the recovery, he can't go far at mo until his third innoculation but thats all good gives him time to get the lay of the land.

Chur...........MW

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Just roll it......
    TA,

Congrats on the new doggie. As you probably know, I'm an avid dog guy.

Anyway, drop me an email or PM if you are looking for dog riding/training tips when it comes to that. At the very least, I'd avoid any long'ish rides until Maxxis is about one to go easier on his joints....while he's growing.

I've got a couple of crazy lab mixes that have minds of their own, but are absolute joys to ride and hang with. If I show up for a ride or build day without them, I seriously get odd looks and interrogations from our crew on their whereabouts. WTF, what am I.....chopped liver???

Cheers,
    EB

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    TA,

Congrats on the new doggie. As you probably know, I'm an avid dog guy.

Anyway, drop me an email or PM if you are looking for dog riding/training tips when it comes to that. At the very least, I'd avoid any long'ish rides until Maxxis is about one to go easier on his joints....while he's growing.

I've got a couple of crazy lab mixes that have minds of their own, but are absolute joys to ride and hang with. If I show up for a ride or build day without them, I seriously get odd looks and interrogations from our crew on their whereabouts. WTF, what am I.....chopped liver???

Cheers,
    EB
    Hey EB chur mate, apreciate the comments!

Ya you were part of my inspiration for this one of your dogs on the tranny board I think or here ah can't remember but I thought your dogs were awesome, when the opportuntiy fell into my lap it was done deal, nearly 2weeks together haha lol, we pretty settled now!

Will definitley need advice with the labX hes already got that mind of his own going on which is cool he can run around do his thing outside its all good, yeah I read some stff re there legs and growth habits feeding etc very good but still always good t get personal experiences

I won't be riding for awhile but I here ya, they need to grow there puppy stuff out first, so even walks etc will be short, I mainly trying to get pool time at this stage, and e can't go anywhere public until his third innoculation so we all good too then!

PM sent

Chur EB
    tis good to joint the doggy biker clan, will look forward to the day we up in the trails building or riding!

Have you finished up in the Whistle, pix look great?

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Ya hasta dig puppies.........this picture for example illustrates how the Homers can tolerate even Foshizzle ! TIG.
    Last edited by TIGMAN; 05-26-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Never enough time to ride
    Umm, one of those does not belong!!!

I think the squirrel got lost!

happy trails...

squish
    Get out and ride!

mtbr member
    Wow, Maxxis looks a lot like Sunny when he was a little-un. Not so much anymore.....

sunnysmall.JPG

sunnybig.JPG

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by TIGMAN
    Ya hasta dig puppies.........this picture for example illustrates how the Homers can tolerate even Foshizzle ! TIG.
    haha classic, notice the puppies are all lying inwards but the squirrel is facing outwards, classic, course nothing wrong with being different

Chur..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Wow, Maxxis looks a lot like Sunny when he was a little-un. Not so much anymore.....
    Ha ya not wrong even down to the white tie in front, and got that same its not me look as a pup with his ball, Sunny definitely changed as hes grown up for sure into a nice looking dog

I'm pretty happy he chose me, never thought I'd have lab, always liked em, now I'm stoked..

Dog's and bike piccs are the best, I can say that now too lol

Chur...

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Flyin Canine
    That's a great looking pup. I think you two are gonna be great friends!!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    That's a great looking pup. I think you two are gonna be great friends!!
    Chur.. SD yup I agree wev'e already become quite tight, hes certainley pushing me which is what I need but also settled down nicely too, the rest is normal puppy stuff but already hes got quite the personality and makings of a great dog and friend/companion and trail buddy.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Some Maxxis updates!

Hes becoming a very cool dog, so smart hes got me trained, lets me know now when he needs to go

Knows sit, come stop, go, even jumps in the car by himself, now still can't make it onto the bed but jumps of quite well.

He stops and sits by himself when the lead comes out, am so proud of him and its only his third week, he bounds around the house like a crazy loon and just a happy dude! Enough from em here's some more piccs!

Loves his tennis balls, he also likes hiding them under the couch

Sitting, good boy..

up boy!

His ride, all Maxxis out

Beginings of a new All Black I suspect we need a bit of mongrel in the pack

This ball didn't last too minutes hes got some teeth and likes to chew anything

Riding in the back

Already checking out the locals!

hey look at me, I suspect hes a real casanova, seems to have a way with the ladies, not that Im complaining Ive never had so much attention when I go into a pet shop, its like honey and bees!

Chur...
    Dogs rule, if ya thinking about it, do it yiou'll never regret it!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

No, that's not phonetic
    Holy craparoonie. What a cute little bugger.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

no shyt! just lookit this face.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Holy craparoonie. What a cute little bugger.
    Yeah when I saw one of the litter on the poster, I was doomed but when I seen him with the others in there pen he stood out gave me that look and said youre are the one take me for many rides ya bugga, he looked like a Maxxis Minion fast lean big side knobs [or ears in his case] and looked like he would run all day!

I don't say it often but its true love, we tight buddies already, amzing how animals are so unconditional, I heard a really cool saying the other day!

"Dogs have happy owners" "cats have staff"

Chur..T appreciate the comments

CC ya got it bro those eyes and look darn he does that all the time now, but hes good, got some great Turner/and Mtb dogs to live up too, I'm sure hes gonna be a great trail dog he learns so fast but his nature is so good perfect, ahh gonna enjoy the puppy time but the big Dog days will be great we got some big trips to do one day Turner/TA/Maxxis road trips!

Chur..........

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Awesome pup TA, making me quite jealous. Always grew up with dogs, haven't had one in a few years and am jonsing to get one soon. Enjoy the little guy, they're good for the soul for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkty14
    Awesome pup TA, making me quite jealous. Always grew up with dogs, haven't had one in a few years and am jonsing to get one soon. Enjoy the little guy, they're good for the soul for sure.
    Cheers skunkty, def do it, its one of those things ya wonder if the times right, it never is just do it and the rest as they say is history you won't regret it, I was exactly the same!

We having lots of fun, hes chewing my laptop, my cord, I could be off air at any stage, def good for the soul, I don't even mind going outside in the middle of the ight pouring rain lighting and thunder alah last night just to let him do his thing, we got a rythmn going, mans best freind for sure!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    So the little bugga is getting bigger by the day, I think he knows who the pack leader is [ME] everyone says hes well behaved now if only I could get them to behave so he knows not to try to dominate them it will be all good, we play ball and I don't even have to tell him to sit and drop it most times, he just sits or lies down gives me back the busted ball and off we go again, we had lots of crappy weather latley so today its cold, frost outside, but sunny so we had a we walk around, and played with his balls most of which hes killed, hes very intelligent though, although food rules his mind!

Its not to hard though to get him calm and submissive for food time, so am very pleased with him hes a pure joy, hes really good at going outside now for 2s and 1s, so thats good too, we going to get his final innoculation 2morrow so then we can both get out a bit more when weathers good, might go to beach after pool session 2morrow supposed to be nice sunny day so will see how I feel after Vets and pool session, he needs some digging time in the sand!

Oh did I say how big hes getting, his coat is so silky and hes atleat twice as big, 8.5lbs last time wieghed so will be interesting to see how much hes gained since then, I know Ive gained s h i t loads

We been watching Cesar Millan the Dog Wisperer on Tele, good watch and we both learn lots, so thats working very well, have no rattlers though so no snake training, might get him one of those radio controlled collars for riding one day though, seem interesting for training and keeping em safe, thoughts? Cesar's website is pretty insightful too, so another newsletter and forum signed up too, wonder how many Homies there are on here

Some more piccs, ahh can't wait to ride with him

having a we stretch

he loves playing ball his favorite game by far, hope he like riding as much

Cheaky little bugga look at that look

Hes in full flight here actually off the ground

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member

Singletrack training

My dog is finally old enough (18 months) to tag along when I go for a ride. The breed is a Hungarian Vizla, serious speed machine, had the dog over 35 km/h when riding. Now comes training for singletrack etiquette, he's learning pretty fast not to be in front... They're a good breed for riding with, great stamina for long bike rides.

trail fairy
    Nice looking dog Fresh Tracks, nice to have dogs which learn fast huh, hes perfectly positioned o the inside of that man made berm, nice breed Ive eard god things about em too, 35km and still going brillant just what I want, maxxis might be able to pull me up the hills

Cheers for sharing bud, loving the dogs

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    So Maxxis is getting bigger and badder by the day, well hes very good actually!

We going to Obieance class later this week if we can get in, so not sure whos that for as yet but should be fun, he might meet some hoty's there too

hes had a new toy for the last few days it squeaks in each foot the nose and the tummy, quite funny and its good, takes up a bit og time and lets me play on the puter, its raining cats n dogs the last few days!
    Oh some bike contents as well, some of my maxxis crew

A few wet tires mixed in with some DJ, and DH

Don't think this toy will last long already lost one leg

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Seeing this thread makes me want a dog more then anything else I have ever seen.

Still, don't think the cat could handle it. Shes quite the bossy type. Oh so cute but.

trail fairy
    What a cool CAT ah always wanted to day that

cats are resilant they bend, typical female ctas even worse lol,she will still think of you as one of the staff so get the dog anyway, they sort themselves out if left to it

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Priceless photos...happy times.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by ForestHorse
    Priceless photos...happy times.
    Def, one of my better decisions, can't wait till next year when where riding up in the alps somehwere

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    So its been awhile and thought I'd break the dwl monotony

Update with some of my latest pride and joys growing pains, take time out enjoy the legs over 2wheels! sorry I know Im lacking bike content I would if I cold best I can do

So at four months now hes found his legs and is a real classic, eveyrone loves him and thinsk hes just a wee stunner though not so wee anymore they grow up so fast, hes totally house trained has been for ahwile, we do the beach socialise when we can with other dogs usully at the beach or with his best buddy Jack 18month old English Bull Terrier I will get piccs next time they are so cool together I get lost I all the excitment and forget to handy cam!

There's a really cool doggy link here and a few of Maxxis ad today's latest below!

chur ta & maxxis

https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.p...10#post4919110

front seat driver

or sleeper

out on the trail

Sniffing as usual

Out in the front paddock

today

Dogs rule

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

cool way to start my day. thanx you 2.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Can I get a hells yea on that?

TA, pup looks like he's hitting that stage where he tears off at full speed across the grass and then stops dead to look back at ya before taking off again. Looks to be a fast not so little guy.

Dogs are the ducks nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    You shouldn't feed Maxxis volleyballs.

mtbr member
    oh i love it!! work gets in the way of my quality mtbr time these days, but what a joy to see that you have a new (and incredibly cute) friend in your life.

i'll put up a hells yea on that! my dog is my best buddy and scout on the trail. his joy and spirit always make me smile.
    i hope maxxis - i love the name!- does the same for you. he will follow you to the ends of the earth (actually, that's new zealand isn't it? )

cheers!

(of course i couln't resist putting a photo of him up. painting is by juli adams)
    Idaho dirt, river, sky

trail fairy
    Chur bro

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkty14
    Can I get a hells yea on that?

TA, pup looks like he's hitting that stage where he tears off at full speed across the grass and then stops dead to look back at ya before taking off again. Looks to be a fast not so little guy.

Dogs are the ducks nuts.
    Hell yeah
    Yup definitley he does a wee jump just before contact with ball or stick usually resulting o collapsing and face first into ball but his legs re stronger and nows its a full body surf or leg skid usually over shoots but hes very quick. apparently he has whippet [greyhound] on the mums side so he'll be big leanish long leggered fast and have great endurance, the erfect trail dog, hes already showing good personality traits, makes me so stoked everyday! Hes growing so fast a month back he wa small compared to Jack his buddy 18month Bull Terrier whos built like Arnold Swarzenegger but now hes as tall but still half Jacks weight!

Ducks Nut bro

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by justen
    You shouldn't feed Maxxis volleyballs.

He likes thing old an wrecked if its new he won;t play with it much, giv him something old and yucky or punctured and he will play for a 1/2 hour or so, getting longer, he no longer gets bored in 5mins and wants some other form of stimulation hes getting more focused.

He likes balls, his fav toy is his red/pink tennis ballsized hard rubber, can;t puncture it and lves chasing it down the beach, I can bowl under arm and it rolls or ages, he loves skidding and doing cutties in the sand

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by MTNgirl
    oh i love it!! work gets in the way of my quality mtbr time these days, but what a joy to see that you have a new (and incredibly cute) friend in your life.

i'll put up a hells yea on that! my dog is my best buddy and scout on the trail. his joy and spirit always make me smile.
    i hope maxxis - i love the name!- does the same for you. he will follow you to the ends of the earth (actually, that's new zealand isn't it? )

cheers!

(of course i couln't resist putting a photo of him up. painting is by juli adams)
    Hey great to hear from you mtn girl and awesome reply love the piccs and thanks for the painting pic might make that my desktop thats awesome, one day we might be sitting on a bank or hill top when hes grown up just like that pic brillant

Nice to be busy at work, but keep the balance yer need ya MTBR time

Oh and thats a great looking dog you have there too, what his / her name! and awesome picture of you both.

And a hell yeah back your way, love ya comments he is my best buddy for sure, he chose me! when I picked him up the whole litter was let out of the kennel and they all came over except him he just watched while all the others [8weeks old at the time] jumped all around me, then as if he decided I was it he trotted over and pushed the others aside and sat on my foot, he was much bigger than the others and I liked that, the owner said youve been chosen, was so cool..

Yes I hope to make him into a great scout, and definitley know what you mean about the spirit and joy, hes got me through some hard days, we are always together and have lots of god times down the beach or around home, never not been together since I got him, so hes an inside and outside dog!
    I like that follow you to the ends of the earth I no youre right, definitely dogs are unconditonal like that, though aftr hes chewed on a bone I wish he wouldn't come and think its time to lick me on the face etc lol!

I had a Lassie dog, [black n white version] as a kid and he did that for me, saved my life when I decided I could swim a swollen river and got into trouble he dived in swam out to me and I grabbed his tail and we swam back to shore ended up a wee way down river but I'd never have made it without him, needless to say I got into allot of trouble with my mum lol! He was a champ that boy! Maxxis has that all ver him, course Dogs are a true reflection of there owners too, Ive wanted a dog again for sometime and timming was good fo rmy recovery and also means we could spend lots of time together so its a great start by the time hes ready to hit the trails so will thenlots of adventurs together!

Have you looked at the doggie thread on Passion pics of Dog and Owners so funny the likness

Thanks for your comments, I hope Maxxis enjoys the snow as much as yours!

What you working at these days! and psot some piccs of yer both riding if ya feel the need

Chur MTNgirl.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    TA thanks a whole lot for posting these pics - I miss our dog now and she was a mix of lab & boarder collie, crazy smart girl that always put a smile on my face.

I hope you keep posting pics up as Maxxis gets older, could become the forum mascot - 1 vote from me

Petty and weak
    Hey TA,
    Maxxis looks great! He's a month younger than my Euki. Here's my lil man a few weeks ago when I posted him on the MTBer's dawgs thread, and some I just took. He was asleep, and then saw me looking at him so had to get as close as possible, and sleep some more. He is asleep at my feet again now. Doggies like Euki and Maxxis are sure lucky little guys. So much love! And Euki drives too, just like Maxxis
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by HubbaMan
    TA thanks a whole lot for posting these pics - I miss our dog now and she was a mix of lab & boarder collie, crazy smart girl that always put a smile on my face.

I hope you keep posting pics up as Maxxis gets older, could become the forum mascot - 1 vote from me
    Hubba ya welcome thanx for the coments, ahyep understand I would be lost without my boy now,, they have awa of doing that huh, will you get another some at some time?
    always hard!

Definitey will keep posting, an dbe up for the mascot tried to get some Maxxis tires for the Car today unfortunately they dont come in the size rim I have so bummed about that so will have to settle for the Hankooks 225x16!

I take the camera everywhere we go so pictures as he grows for sure this thread will be huge when Im finished we had quite a day today actually pix to follow!

chur hubba!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled
    Hey TA,
    Maxxis looks great! He's a month younger than my Euki. Here's my lil man a few weeks ago when I posted him on the MTBer's dawgs thread, and some I just took. He was asleep, and then saw me looking at him so had to get as close as possible, and sleep some more. He is asleep at my feet again now. Doggies like Euki and Maxxis are sure lucky little guys. So much love! And Euki drives too, just like Maxxis
    Hey gruntled awesome looking pp ya got there pity they couldn't hang out together,

haha he drives love yes they do aye, awesome bro thanks for sharing keep em coming too this thread dosen;t have to be all Maxxis all doggis welcome

chur gruntled

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Full pics here I put up a wee thread of todays activities for me and Maxxis so if ya want heaps of pictures click this linky
    https://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.p...07#post4923907

Heres a quick summary show

chur

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Hubba ya welcome thanx for the coments, ahyep understand I would be lost without my boy now,, they have awa of doing that huh, will you get another some at some time?
    always hard!

Definitey will keep posting, an dbe up for the mascot tried to get some Maxxis tires for the Car today unfortunately they dont come in the size rim I have so bummed about that so will have to settle for the Hankooks 225x16!

I take the camera everywhere we go so pictures as he grows for sure this thread will be huge when Im finished we had quite a day today actually pix to follow!

chur hubba!
    Don't think I'll see another one for a while. Two sons (5yr/10mo) and a hectic job means I just won't be able to spend the time I would like with a pet that really becomes a member of the family and deserves as much attention as possible.

Maxxis reminds me of our old girl when she was young, same floppy ears, all black with a few select spots of white for a touch of class.

That shot of Maxxis mid air on the beach is very cool

trail fairy
    Don't think I'll see another one for a while. Two sons (5yr/10mo) and a hectic job means I just won't be able to spend the time I would like with a pet that really becomes a member of the family and deserves as much attention as possible.

Maxxis reminds me of our old girl when she was young, same floppy ears, all black with a few select spots of white for a touch of class.

That shot of Maxxis mid air on the beach is very cool
    Ah I hear ya, definitey need to have time for them even if busy each day they need walking probably atleast twice to be fair to them and have a happy animal!

Though children are great with pets and I was only 5 when I got my Lassie dog and we were best buds for years wouldn't have wanted to grow up without him, we did lots together!

Get he right dog can be good for the kids, still if ya don;t have room then its a tough call I grew up in the country so we always had room and plenty of places for me and my buddy to go off for the day, even after school we'd be away till dark everyt night, fishing hunting or just goofing off

Bit like now with Maxxis

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Some puppy updates!
    Got him in swim training at mo its a bit hot for him so hes loving cooling down in the water plays fetch much more enthiusiastic after a dip!

Some from the beach on Monday

The local reserve today

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member

daisy

Amazing how attached you get to the dog... oh, she's a mutt

trail fairy
    She looks like a Daisy very cute dog always ad a soft spot for them, maybe a second dog one day will be border collie x or something, looks like she's had a lot of fun in that pic which is pefect dog and bike, life dosen't get much better

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Get he right dog can be good for the kids, still if ya don;t have room then its a tough call I grew up in the country so we always had room and plenty of places for me and my buddy to go off for the day, even after school we'd be away till dark everyt night, fishing hunting or just goofing off

Bit like now with Maxxis
    Yeah I grew up in the country as well, dogs were fun back then. Now I'm in a major urban setting so it's not so easy. Good point about the kids though certainly got me thinking about it more, maybe in a few more years once the lil'n can walk around a bit better.

Beautiful pic sequence with the stick - can almost hear him splashing about in the water!!

i can't type the letter s
    Good to see more pics of Maxxis TA! Cute, cute, cute!

Do you guys have crocs in NZ? That water looks kinda scary.

I'll post a pic of my doggy sometime. She's a pain in the A** but she's my pain in the A**.

It sounds like you are doing well brother. Keep on keeping on as we say!

trail fairy
    I hear ya Hubba

chur

MJ thanx man yep hes knows it as well dosen't help when the ladies all refer to him as George [Clooney] hes a right we terror but all good, great he has so much spirit!

No crocs or snakes only some deadly spiders in christchurch beaches rest is pretty safe except for sharks maybe, water kind

But I know what ya mean its got that look that pond, usually he plays there with his mate Jack 2yo English Terrier who's a swim nutter but he couldn't make that day so the pond was all his and he took full advantage, its real deep and some hidden stuff below but its pretty safe, its not fenced off and its part of a football tenis reserve so easy access great for the dogs as heaps of room.

Im super stoked he loves the water as Im a real fish myself when healthy so hoping summertime we will hit some rivers lakes and beaches.

Definitley get ya dog up here love to look at people's dog's they are great animals and companions, I like all dogs

Ya keeping at it, chur MJ hope all well with you and getting some good rides in

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Run at the beach today Maxxis out with his buddy Jack, when they started a we while back Maxxis was not even half his size now theyre about the same height, and Maxxis was trying to keep up with Jack who can run and swim all day, hes about 18months now and really great dog!

Good fun but we both knackered tonight!

heavy pic content!

Start of the walk first pond Jack was already gone Maxxis surveys things first, new place for him hes not been here before!

Jack is the Michael Phelps of Dogs he swims constantly, any water hes gone

Maxxis and Jack

Just testing the waters, jack dosen;t want to come out

Finally swiming together

Fetching sticks together

Race is on

Jack swats Maxxis

Drowned rats

This was only our first stop not far from the cars, boys played here for a bit

Finally out of the pond and off for our walk

pto

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Finally the walk can begin, maybe

more water

Here they go again

Jack halfway down the river with a big stick in his mouth

Dune races are on

Jacks heading in Maxxis is heading up

about turn face plant hes off after Jack again

Smart dog think I'll sit here and wait

This boy likes water

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    cut n paste in right thread
    Jack hanging with the ducks

Maxxis with a big stick

Playing

Shadows

Boys heading into the surf, classic shot

a run from the dunes

these guys go anywhere no travel limitations

coming down

Huggis to finish

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

TA...he's getting big! Great shots.

Mine waiting in the truck while I ride...

trail fairy
    TA...he's getting big! Great shots.

Mine waiting in the truck while I ride...

Chur RS

Great looking Dog Rob, I could see Maxxis enjoying running around with her, yeah hes growing alright so strong, I got get him into dog school next

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

I got get him into dog school next
    Best money I have ever spent...

trail fairy
    Best money I have ever spent...
    Ya I hear that allot its not if its when Ive been holding it up cause I didnt think I could handle it yet, the head is like a reciever too much noise, sounds, lots of people talking it goes off so have been trying to get to the stage where I can handle that, be fun too, its definitley a must, thanks for the push I need it
    Last edited by trailadvent; 10-23-2008 at 01:11 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Brass Nipples!
    Fun pics. I had a bull terrier for 4 years until she died unexpectedly. Every time we see one, we have to stop and visit with the owner and pet the dog.

Bullies sure love to play. It's interesting Jack loves the water so much. My dog would swim, but she didn't like it.

Maxxis seems to be a great companion. He sure looks mischievous when he stares straight into the camera lens.
    {Principal Skinner} Hmm. Whoever did this is in very deep trouble.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Wheelbuilder
    Fun pics. I had a bull terrier for 4 years until she died unexpectedly. Every time we see one, we have to stop and visit with the owner and pet the dog.

Bullies sure love to play. It's interesting Jack loves the water so much. My dog would swim, but she didn't like it.

Maxxis seems to be a great companion. He sure looks mischievous when he stares straight into the camera lens.
    Yeah get em into water early slowly but while theyre young is the trick, they have an older one too shes right into it as well, swims down the beach while they walk funny stuff,

Maxxs is getting more and more into it, hes seen allot of different places so hes doing well for new the spots, no probs when its his usual spot he charges in at our local beach!

Jack is great fun, a beast in an awesome way, good fun, love running em together, these guy's know there stuff with dogs too, ,these guy's wil be great trail buddis one day!

Hes great , perfect dog for me really, hes got th car dow so when we go to hysio he sits in his front seat patienty, i long ride he just lies down, great inside and outside, hell calm down in time with other people, he likes to be socialable a little too much but takes time eople don;t often understand that, but all good, he's defintley got som mischief in him, don't know where he gets that from, but I like spirit in things so its a good match!

Ya will have to ge another one day Bob, relly don;t think I woud want to be without one now!

Cheers Bob for the coments appreciated, good times with him for sure!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Jack hanging with the ducks
    This image sequence really hits home for me. Before we had our Lab/Collie mix, we had a Bull Terrier. I grew up with the terrier and although she was no where near as smart as the collie mix, she was adorable & loved playing with us as kids. Every Saturday morning I would get up and lie on the couch to watch cartoons, Nounou (her name) would always snuggle up beside me under the blanket, she just loved being with people.

As with Bob, every time I see a bully these days I have to stop and chat with the owner.

Thanks TA for the pics and for triggering a flood of fond memories!!!

trail fairy
    This image sequence really hits home for me. Before we had our Lab/Collie mix, we had a Bull Terrier. I grew up with the terrier and although she was no where near as smart as the collie mix, she was adorable & loved playing with us as kids. Every Saturday morning I would get up and lie on the couch to watch cartoons, Nounou (her name) would always snuggle up beside me under the blanket, she just loved being with people.

As with Bob, every time I see a bully these days I have to stop and chat with the owner.

Thanks TA for the pics and for triggering a flood of fond memories!!!
    Ahh nice Hubba, glad to bring back some good mem's I have some good ones of my lassie dog grew up with me as a boy, he was a big black n white one, I got him as a 5th birthday pres, we had 12 great years together, and he was a great dog, best friend and we went everywhere together and he would do anything to protect me, pulled me ot of a flooded river once as a boy, never forget that! So glad the thread brings some joy and fond mems for others too.

We went to Karotahi [car o ta hi] beach today, after we did our voting for or elections today, was a beautiful day really hot, Maxxis was outstanding I had him off the lesh most of the time there and e retrieved his ball in and out of the surf, swam for sticks, was really well behaved was quite proud how he was around other people and stuff!

cooling off, he lay in the water lots today, sand hot on his feet too

what I use to throw the ball with in my invalid state, can go good distance and the ball bounces and rolls real good.

what I use to talk to him with [kiwi shepherds whistle, I can crank the noise with this baby lol], getting him used to certain calls, its hard work , frustrating and takes time and patience but he surprises me when we go somewhere how well behaved and in control he is, good boy buddy!

Another great day but I'm pretty worn out and sore, good workout for both of us
    Last edited by trailadvent; 11-07-2008 at 10:49 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    I know you guy have probably had enough of doggie pix its like kids pics great when theyre babies but we all move on, still its my thread and its all I get to contribute these days until Im in the saddle again, hopefully not too far away 09 is closing in, only been a year nearly!

So we woke up this morning and go outside for wee's yep we go outside for that

Um cows in the front paddock so here's some fun times with Maxxis and his wary friends!

Whats this

Loves his ball, don;t we all

Bit of a sequence here
    Wonder if he can get close

He such a tease, just loves playing

Maxxis was not to well yesterday, we woke up and he was acting a little funny, not looking to well, I noticed he was shaking lots and eyes none to happy, he had a bone earlier on and didn't seem his usual self can;t wait to get into it, so I rang around abit to see if any vets were open, only an emergency vet some 40k away doesn't sound like allot but that's a ways for me, so I kept close eye on him for awhile, rung a friend and she told me what I sorta suspected, probably drank too much salt water from day before but ya worry about these things, his gum's all looked OK, as it was he came right late arvo, stopped shaking and moved around better, I didn't feed him rest of day, and he woke up bright and chipper wanting to play today so good to see him running around like crazy compared to yesterday, I was worried he got into something poisonous at the beach, though I keep a close eye, hes always on the scrounge especially since he's bigger, hes been out of my sight a few times at home on the farm, he gets a good telling off, I tell ya, still typical hound

So happy and relieved!

Okay back to your bike picc's now

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy

1 2009 yeahhaaa

Maxxis and his New year updates!

Game face
    Stealth!

Staunch!

Fast

Furious fun

One eye always on the ball

He rides like his dad like to pop

Ready to go again

pto
    Last edited by trailadvent; 12-31-2008 at 03:06 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    And then!
    Hes always ready and keen! gonna be a great trail dog one day!

Attitude in spades, sticking to the world and me, wonder where he gets that from! LOL.

Hes got pop!

So relaxed

style

Springs into action so fast

hes off dam hes quick

hes such a show off poseur, good looking poseur lol

treats hes a good puppy

So well behaved mostly

Never stops still once to go and its 20 plus degrees and only 0830am morning time

run forest run

stop looking at me must not look at the eyes must not look

like a ruddy lamb jumping around in the paddock

floppy ears big goofy he is

Happy New year

All the best for 09 dudes/dudet's

Be Safe, ride and smile, giddy up Hi Ho Silver, Maxxis awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Last edited by trailadvent; 12-31-2008 at 03:13 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Roy
    mtbr member
    I have no idea how I missed this thread - but it may be the best one over. Dogs rule; way to go TA. I love the regular updates and watching him grow; well done, very well done.

Here's a puppy pic of a friend's basset:

trail fairy
    No worries dude, ah hes a real cutie, the eyes always get ya! Love those big floppy ears too lol..

Happy New year dude, feel free to post updates I still think we need a Homer sticky Dog thread

Ya Dogs do rule well said....

ditto.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    A wee vid of a daily game Maxxis and I play day or night sun rain hail he loves to catch the ball, hes very smart and a bit of a show off, buy hes got this so dialed, he can catch the ball in the paddock at full pace, often here he goes into the bushes full on I think he likes that!

Mad as a hatter, I really don;t have to do much to keep him occupied or exercised, training is really quite easy, its just a time thing, which people don't take its fun, just takes discipline, and I have lots of time, I could make excuses and sit on my arse but I do get around! and it gives me lots of enjoyment, we have allot of fun

I'm quite proud of my boy really!

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://i145.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vid145.photobucket.com/albums/r211/trailadvent/MAXXIS/01-01-09-farm/MaxxisMovies2-01-09farm002.flv">

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Large member
    Cracking pics TA, he's got big really fast. What a cool dog

trail fairy
    Cracking pics TA, he's got big really fast. What a cool dog
    Chur bro

yeah he's growing, still going too and Ive cut him back a bit, hes into his old bones a bit and cow poo LOL. good nutrients in that though,

Hes a great buddy/wingman, just not giving me much room on the bed anymore hes got a habbit of lying all over it and pushing me over !

Hes 8months old now, they grow up so fast

How r u, been quite, whats up in yr world,did u have a big New Years, hope ya well in Tidy land, when ya coming out to sample our riding and good beers

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005

I'm quite proud of my boy really!
    As you should be. And be proud of yourself as well, the pup couldn't have done it without YOU!

Large member
    Chur bro

yeah he's growing, still going too and Ive cut him back a bit, hes into his old bones a bit and cow poo LOL. good nutrients in that though,

Hes a great buddy/wingman, just not giving me much room on the bed anymore hes got a habbit of lying all over it and pushing me over !

Hes 8months old now, they grow up so fast

How r u, been quite, whats up in yr world,did u have a big New Years, hope ya well in Tidy land, when ya coming out to sample our riding and good beers

Not much going on in our world besides work and kids. Was in bed for 10.30pm on New Year's Eve, getting too old for all that partying stuff.

Hoping to get out to NZ some time this year for a couple of weeks for an "evaluation" trip, will be sure you let you know when so we can have a beer.

Cheers,

TB

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    As you should be. And be proud of yourself as well, the pup couldn't have done it without YOU!
    Yeah never thought of it that way was focused on him and my healing!

chur bro means allot

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Not much going on in our world besides work and kids. Was in bed for 10.30pm on New Year's Eve, getting too old for all that partying stuff.

Hoping to get out to NZ some time this year for a couple of weeks for an "evaluation" trip, will be sure you let you know when so we can have a beer.

Cheers,

TB
    That's heaps, keeps most fully wacked you old smoothie in bed by 10:30 there was a party I bet

Cool dude look fwd to it, I'll have customs on high alert for sheep dogyiness and stock the fridge with some cold kiwi beers or are you a warm beer drinker do I need bottled lime

Good plan recce's are always lots of fun, might even gt a ride in bring ya boots and I should have helmet for ya just bring ya own smelly nicks

Got to give ya a taste of that huh! be awesum, you'll have to learn to tulk lik us and spel lik me dough

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

another new pup

Name is Slider and he is about 14 weeks old. Not a trail dog, but a good tempered buddy.

trail fairy
    Clark he's a classic, they are fun at that age huh, give him plenty of bones to keep em healthy not that canned crap, its far cheaper,and better for em, and healthy! hes a wee looker!

There is a really good program by Martin Clunes a Pommy dude! Tidy will know who he is
    A man and his Dogs it was a great 2 part series if ya haven't seen it quite interesting!

http://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/Dogs/default.html

Great name too Clark!

Cheers for sharing

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005

chur bro means allot

I don't know if you know it or not. I was just coming out of surgery for my rotator cuff when you got injured. I have been following your progress (even though you don't talk about it much) and having that dog of yours reminds me of a very tough time in my life. Sprocket saved my life! When I met my wife, my dog was a big part of my life and today she still doesn't understand why my dog is just as much a part of me as my two precious boys. She taught me much about responsibility and what its like to appreciate something outside of 'self'. So cheers to you, bro. You will make a great father someday...Peace!

trail fairy
    I don't know if you know it or not. I was just coming out of surgery for my rotator cuff when you got injured. I have been following your progress (even though you don't talk about it much) and having that dog of yours reminds me of a very tough time in my life. Sprocket saved my life! When I met my wife, my dog was a big part of my life and today she still doesn't understand why my dog is just as much a part of me as my two precious boys. She taught me much about responsibility and what its like to appreciate something outside of 'self'. So cheers to you, bro. You will make a great father someday...Peace!
    Ah I didn't know that or if I did I can't remember, though not allot from back then is vivid!
    Oh how is that now by the way! You all good!

Ah I'm not sure whether to talk about it or not really, so just after awhile it just is what it is!

But wise words, and ya right we have become close, yeah if a women is unlucky enough to stumble across our way god help her, an she can tame the beast then they are very wise words to live by and I totally get where ya coming from, Maxxis might have something to say about it lol, I like strong types and needs to be with me anyways so sure get there if it happened, no rush, hes very sociable and just loves people, though barks at the odd one, so interesting that haha but in general just loves playing with other dogs and saying hello, kids intrigue him, hes not sure what to make of the little people!
    I think he'd have fun with them!

Sounds like you got a good women there bro did well, they were tough barriers to over come not many do that these days, usually a blade a grass and they run the other way!

thanx for the kind words of advice again appreciated bro, maybe those boys will get to run together one day you sure rip up your trails, must get some vid with you ripping and him running along

Chur..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005

Ahh...yeah,

maybe those boys will get to run together one day you sure rip up your trails

Chur..
    Someday...

trail fairy
    Wicked jump

Where's the dog, where's his air time

Dude you so suit that RFX, I no its killing me not being able to go or do anything, I have had to kneel and practice patience!

Ps re looking at that I'm worried that's bordering on FF territory! just saying we got to look out for each other!
    O would so like to whip that, but not without a leat or FF ever again! moi..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

banned
    Sep 2005
    Thats the one I cased on the vid a week or so ago. Finally got the rythm dialed. FF...whats that ?

Here is the landing...much better than the last attempt.

trail fairy
    Haha yeah with one I may not be here

Cool nice trajectory!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ta,

He is a great puppy. This is my second dog, first puppy. He is a riot. Keeps me on my toes though.

Breeder says to stay away from bones. Bulldogs crush then swallow, not much chewing going on. Bone splinters are not good.

I have not seen that series, no TV. I'll check that url though, hopefully they have a video I can download or something.

His name comes form his feeding tricks. The breeder has a feeding box where the mother is placed on her back so all of the puppies can get access to the teets. At a week old, during feeding time, Slider would climb on his mothers chest, slide off her chest over head and huck into the feeding box. He would do this 7-8 times per feeding no matter where he was put in the feed line. As soon as the breeder told me about that I was sold.

Clark he's a classic, they are fun at that age huh, give him plenty of bones to keep em healthy not that canned crap, its far cheaper,and better for em, and healthy! hes a wee looker!

There is a really good program by Martin Clunes a Pommy dude! Tidy will know who he is
    A man and his Dogs it was a great 2 part series if ya haven't seen it quite interesting!

http://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/Dogs/default.html

Great name too Clark!

Cheers for sharing

banned
    Sep 2005
    Funny I have owned one, back in the day. Never thought that I would pursue the 'alternate line' again, but the RFX just begs to be ridden.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkgriswald
    He is a great puppy. This is my second dog, first puppy. He is a riot. Keeps me on my toes though.

Breeder says to stay away from bones. Bulldogs crush then swallow, not much chewing going on. Bone splinters are not good.

I have not seen that series, no TV. I'll check that url though, hopefully they have a video I can download or something.

His name comes form his feeding tricks. The breeder has a feeding box where the mother is placed on her back so all of the puppies can get access to the teets. At a week old, during feeding time, Slider would climb on his mothers chest, slide off her chest over head and huck into the feeding box. He would do this 7-8 times per feeding no matter where he was put in the feed line. As soon as the breeder told me about that I was sold.
    I bet they do at that age, I had a struggle but got through it I must admit I looked fwd to Maxxis being a bit bigger, just cause my condition even though he was so well behaved, first weeks were hard!

He looks like mischief! haha cool story about the name love it, yeah its a great watch!

Re the bones thats the first Ive ever heard that I guess he knows, cooked bones I'd understand but raw, never, Dogs were breed from wolves they are carnivores they're primary food was off other animal bones! there primary source of nutrition, bird bones when things got tough, only humans have messed with this evolution!

Its why there are some many Dog problems now a days! Bull Dogs are one of the worst breeds, do you know they were breed to kill Bulls and Bears that's how they get there name Bull Dog, not trying to put ya off, the head is breed large its not natural which is what causes allot of there problems through the neck and shoulders, but diet is also a big issue, I'd ask more questions, of the breeder so ya can have and want Slider to be as healthy as possible, I was lucky I got some great books off a friend I already knew about bones, but the amount of info the pet shop and vets have is a bit misleading, its like Macca's for dogs out there !

Ive had my vet prescribe all sorts of stuff to me they are great people but Ive not listened to them, they can't believe how good a condition Maxxis is in and they don't bother to ask me how I feed him anymore but they are amazed how healthy he is, his last check up, they said don't bother coming back for another year until next vaccinations I was shocked

I started Maxxis on bones straight away, I never through them away either when hes finished with them he has a wee pile of his old ones he breaks down the marrow and chews em all up it exercises him cleans his teeth, they are so white, tops at that too from the vet they were impressed but also I got the sly eye! doing them out of business!

They get so much more than food from bones exercise, cleaning, happy vibes, health, nutrition.

Just find it hard to understand, no animal in the wild carnivore leaves anything behind, my dog dosen't!

I guess the breeder knows, maybe its why they have so many problems!

Still great looking puppy stoked on stoke keep pluggin him in here if ya keen!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Funny I have owned one, back in the day. Never thought that I would pursue the 'alternate line' again, but the RFX just begs to be ridden.
    I hear that, I admit a Turner didn't sit me on my arse either

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ta,

I did a lot of research on the breed and this particular breeder. I got to meet five generations of this breeders dogs (they are not a puppy mill by any means). All of them have wonderful temperaments and were very healthy. It is hard to connect the bull baiting with this breeders dogs' temperaments. Even their stud dogs were jovial and affectionate. Sliders grandfather is about 12 and his father is about 10 and both are very healthy

I also got to see their dogs at a dog show and how they interacted with others of their breed. They were by far the most well behaved and even tempered bulldogs at the show.

The breeders vetting process for prospective owners is very intensive. More get turned down than accepted. And I have a twenty page instruction manual written by the breeder. And the breeder is available 24/7 for advise. The contract I signed for Slider alllows the breeder to repo the dog if I don't provide the proper home for him. So a very good breeder in my opinion.

If Slider were less of a human creation and closer to his wolf origins, I'd agree with the bone diet. While I was growing up our farm dogs lived on bones and table scraps. And whatever else they could find. I don't think we ever had a vet bill for the dogs. Of course if they got sick, they either got better or were put down.

I would like to have gotten a high energy type dog, closer to it's wolf origins, but living in an apartment and my work schedule would not be fair to that type of dog.

Bulldogs are high maintenance, no doubt about it. I got the little bugger knowing full well what I was getting into. So far the socialisation of Slider is amazingly easy. He happily greets all people and other dogs. His whole back half starts to wiggle and shake when he sees someone or any other dog.

I do appreciate the concern for dogs and human manipulation of breeding, but I would not want to share a home with a 100% wolf.

Thanks,
    Roger

I bet they do at that age, I had a struggle but got through it I must admit I looked fwd to Maxxis being a bit bigger, just cause my condition even though he was so well behaved, first weeks were hard!

He looks like mischief! haha cool story about the name love it, yeah its a great watch!

Re the bones thats the first Ive ever heard that I guess he knows, cooked bones I'd understand but raw, never, Dogs were breed from wolves they are carnivores they're primary food was off other animal bones! there primary source of nutrition, bird bones when things got tough, only humans have messed with this evolution!

Its why there are some many Dog problems now a days! Bull Dogs are one of the worst breeds, do you know they were breed to kill Bulls and Bears that's how they get there name Bull Dog, not trying to put ya off, the head is breed large its not natural which is what causes allot of there problems through the neck and shoulders, but diet is also a big issue, I'd ask more questions, of the breeder so ya can have and want Slider to be as healthy as possible, I was lucky I got some great books off a friend I already knew about bones, but the amount of info the pet shop and vets have is a bit misleading, its like Macca's for dogs out there !

Ive had my vet prescribe all sorts of stuff to me they are great people but Ive not listened to them, they can't believe how good a condition Maxxis is in and they don't bother to ask me how I feed him anymore but they are amazed how healthy he is, his last check up, they said don't bother coming back for another year until next vaccinations I was shocked

I started Maxxis on bones straight away, I never through them away either when hes finished with them he has a wee pile of his old ones he breaks down the marrow and chews em all up it exercises him cleans his teeth, they are so white, tops at that too from the vet they were impressed but also I got the sly eye! doing them out of business!

They get so much more than food from bones exercise, cleaning, happy vibes, health, nutrition.

Just find it hard to understand, no animal in the wild carnivore leaves anything behind, my dog dosen't!

I guess the breeder knows, maybe its why they have so many problems!

Still great looking puppy stoked on stoke keep pluggin him in here if ya keen!

trail fairy
    My bad didn't mean to come across in any way about there temperament that was more a historical thing about the bred not a now thing, I have only had the same experience from them I think they're a huge bundle of joy, not taking anything away from him there!

I only mention that re the feeding and way we have lead the to our way of making them into as more like us when even as breeds they are still dogs!

Its great they do that vetting, I had probably got the same though not the same level of intensity as you though did get a the wee ringer and still kept in touch with the breeder when in vicinity to let her know how he is doing! Slider looks awesome!

I know of a couple of BD and have been asked questions directly as to problems so no worris! you certainly know what ya talking about, I was more general discussing not trying to tell ya what to do!

Definitely life style and that plays a big role and that's cool ya bang on there, couldn't have a better dog, Maxxis would be a nightmare in that situation! he needs space and lots of it! though he works himself out allot which is cool, I would be opposite too, I'm too hyper for a small dog in normal circumstances

Well knowing that re the maintenance you'll be good to go, most people don't know that I think the people I know have been told there's has to stay inside all summer due to allergies, was like WTF lol allergies its a Dog for fook sake lol I get allergies from 4 walls if I stay inside too long, and I'm non allergic to anything haha.

Maxxis would probably love him to bits though wear him out pretty quick he dosen't know the meaning of stop, not until he gets home and lights are out then snores his ruddy head off, or has his doggy dreams, funny chit, wait to ya start having those, does Slider sleep on ya bed yet!

Actually it reminds me of Everybody loves Raymond with Chamskey, anyways when they have doggy dreams its the craziest stuff!

Yeah a wolf might be a little bit much I agree, I like my dog too the Wolf gene can stay about where it is!

Have to get some picc's up with him and his toys!
    Last edited by trailadvent; 01-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

No Problems here TA,

many people do get dogs they know nothing about and then the dogs end up in rescue homes or on Ceasar Milan's show. Drives me nuts when I see it. It's always tuff to get voice inflection on an internet post.

Slider gets treated well, but I do keep in mind he is a dog first. I have learned a lot from watching Ceasar Milan, on my friends TV. Slider and I enrolled in a puppy class. More for me than him I think. We do nap and snore together on the couch, but no bed time yet. He can not get his body up that high, yet.

Allergies, none yet, but it is winter. A few of the this breeders dogs have developed certain allergies particular to an area of the country. The dogs up here in Seattle have not had any issues. Just have to keep them cool in the summer. Not hard to do here.

The vetting process consisted of filling out a five page application, completely, (incomplete ones are thrown away with no response), several additional emails and phone calls and a four hour in person interview. With the last three hours of the in-person being when the dogs meet you. And that was for the companion dogs. The show dog vetting is even more stringent.

I have not seen many Everybody Loves Raymond shows. That no TV thing again. I got rid of the idiot box 12 years ago.

Slider corners puppies and then plops on them. He is not fast or agile enough for anything else. It is damn funny though. He is 14 weeks and about 23 lbs. Vet and breeder thinks that is a great weight for his bone structure.

He gets playtime with his litter mates at my place and with other breeds at a local pet shop.

Gotta go Slider is wanting play time. He trying to drag the back pack out of the office.

My bad didn't mean to come across in any way about there temperament that was more a historical thing about the bred not a now thing, I have only had the same experience from them I think they're a huge bundle of joy, not taking anything away from him there!

I only mention that re the feeding and way we have lead the to our way of making them into as more like us when even as breeds they are still dogs!

Its great they do that vetting, I had probably got the same though not the same level of intensity as you though did get a the wee ringer and still kept in touch with the breeder when in vicinity to let her know how he is doing! Slider looks awesome!

I know of a couple of BD and have been asked questions directly as to problems so no worris! you certainly know what ya talking about, I was more general discussing not trying to tell ya what to do!

Definitely life style and that plays a big role and that's cool ya bang on there, couldn't have a better dog, Maxxis would be a nightmare in that situation! he needs space and lots of it! though he works himself out allot which is cool, I would be opposite too, I'm too hyper for a small dog in normal circumstances

Well knowing that re the maintenance you'll be good to go, most people don't know that I think the people I know have been told there's has to stay inside all summer due to allergies, was like WTF lol allergies its a Dog for fook sake lol I get allergies from 4 walls if I stay inside too long, and I'm non allergic to anything haha.

Maxxis would probably love him to bits though wear him out pretty quick he dosen't know the meaning of stop, not until he gets home and lights are out then snores his ruddy head off, or has his doggy dreams, funny chit, wait to ya start having those, does Slider sleep on ya bed yet!

Actually it reminds me of Everybody loves Raymond with Chamskey, anyways when they have doggy dreams its the craziest stuff!

Yeah a wolf might be a little bit much I agree, I like my dog too the Wolf gene can stay about where it is!

Have to get some picc's up with him and his toys!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    I have no idea how I missed this thread - but it may be the best one over. Dogs rule; way to go TA. I love the regular updates and watching him grow; well done, very well done.

Here's a puppy pic of a friend's basset:
    WINNER!!!
    Sorry TA, Maxxis is a beautiful dog and adorable as a pup but this pic is one of the best ones of a dog that I have seen. I love basset's.
    Maybe I can get one of the 3 cats to go out on a ride with me.
    Great thread by the way.
    RUFUSPHOTO
    Action Sports Freelance Photographer
    www.ryancathrall.com

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by rufusdesign
    WINNER!!!
    Sorry TA, Maxxis is a beautiful dog and adorable as a pup but this pic is one of the best ones of a dog that I have seen. I love basset's.
    Maybe I can get one of the 3 cats to go out on a ride with me.
    Great thread by the way.
    Ha no worries its is an adorable dog as is the Slider above not taking anything away from my boy of course, ya go for what ya like no probs at all, guy I DH'd with last year, had 2 Beagle hounds stunning dogs wish I'd got some pic's of them too they were gorgeous dogs!

I wanted an action dog full of beans like me even now hes going at it with his tire LOL
    We are a match and that's all that matters, like clarkgris says above ya got get what works with ya, Dogs are a true reflection of ya personality no doubt about it, Maxxis is me on four legs!

Love to see the cats do that, they might get to the gate LOL, the farm cats goes the the end of the road its about 500m sometimes he's around the other side of the main property which is another farm over

Chur Rufus

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    No Problems here TA,
    many people do get dogs they know nothing about and then the dogs end up in rescue homes or on Ceasar Milan's show. Drives me nuts when I see it. It's always tuff to get voice inflection on an internet post.
    Hey no worries Clark, I agree, often is the case, this has been a long time plan for me and not a spur of the moment, been many years and was part of the plan events worked out if anything delayed it, I nearly picked up a dog a week before my accident, must have known something!

I enjoy that show believe it or not watching it right now, Maxxis likes it too, we have a Jack Russell on tonight his Buddie die and they got another then he got all aggressive, and now Nero, a German Shepard always liked German Shepard's, I raised my cousins Juke a good dog unfortunately he didn't treat him well he was allot older than me, just a kid then!

Maxxis actually seems to recognise Dogs on TV, and takes an fixated interest in them he sits up, we watched meercats earlier he thought they were very funny, I thought they all stood around like they were ready to take a piss myself funny creatures!

Yeah sometimes hard to get across on text what ya mean even though the text is words!

Slider gets treated well, but I do keep in mind he is a dog first. I have learned a lot from watching Ceasar Milan, on my friends TV. Slider and I enrolled in a puppy class. More for me than him I think. We do nap and snore together on the couch, but no bed time yet. He can not get his body up that high, yet.
    No doubt, me too, ahh good plan Ive yet to get there so you're ahead of me, we go in Feb!

Haha Ya have to lift him up there, that's what I did it was hard as it hurt in the early days but I couldn't leave him down there! Now nothing keeps him down he's so big!

he knows who's the Pack leader though even in the last few weeks or so hes gotten very sharp on my commands like hes almost proud to do what I ask, thinks he's smart if he obeys! Just started getting him to shake hands now at the door so cool

Cesar is awesome! Obedience class would be good for me too, hope I can handle the noises and sounds of everything will be fun though Maxxis will enjoy it..

Allergies, none yet, but it is winter. A few of the this breeders dogs have developed certain allergies particular to an area of the country. The dogs up here in Seattle have not had any issues. Just have to keep them cool in the summer. Not hard to do here.
    Ah all good yeah im not sure if its just isolated to there's I'd never heard of it before! but then allot of these things are new to us as well!

The vetting process consisted of filling out a five page application, completely, (incomplete ones are thrown away with no response), several additional emails and phone calls and a four hour in person interview. With the last three hours of the in-person being when the dogs meet you. And that was for the companion dogs. The show dog vetting is even more stringent.
    Wholly crap me I just met them face ti face talked for an hour or so traded info, looked em in the eye they weighed me I weighed them, I looked at the mum dog that was it all looked good! that's allot but understandable and responsible too many dogs get dumped this time of year, well done congrats for getting there! It a big responsibility and in some ways more so because animals are subjected to more prejudice's in some ways can't go tho this park must be on a lesh can't camp here dam hard to go anywhere, we are lucky here though,not too bad.

I have not seen many Everybody Loves Raymond shows. That no TV thing again. I got rid of the idiot box 12 years ago.
    Good call, I got rid of the pay TV years ago haven't quite got rid of free tv yet when it dies maybe its 14yo's so maybe soon lol

Slider corners puppies and then plops on them. He is not fast or agile enough for anything else. It is damn funny though. He is 14 weeks and about 23 lbs. Vet and breeder thinks that is a great weight for his bone structure.
    Awesome they are goofy @ that age haha I have some wooden floors and a plastic tennis sized ball Maxxis loves to play with for hours he loves skidding around the floors with that its amazing how much exercise they can get inside, ya can tech em to carry ya mail ya paper, take out the rubbish, we working on that at mo! still trying to teach him to not tear up the junk mail

He gets playtime with his litter mates at my place and with other breeds at a local pet shop.
    Ahh very cool yeah I wish Maxxis had some ore play time with some doggie mates I'm fine but more doggie mates would be good or any close by to run along the beach he loves that, like above!

Gotta go Slider is wanting play time. He trying to drag the back pack out of the office.
    Enjoy haha got watch em they always trying to get into things but em plenty of toys that did it for my boy he stopped that once he had enough distractions, they get a little bored with just a few things normally he brings me every toy he has during his play sessions which last an hour or so we go through the hole rig ma role and the place is a mess and I'm buggered afterward's!

be well enjoy hes awesome pup!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member

Cool little buddy you got there!

My sister gave me this "LITTLE" dude in june and he is too much fun. He really showed how much like me he has become buy barking at the alarm clock when it went of at 430 this morning; I'm a slow riser but he had me laughing so hard I was wide awake.
    He turned 9 months new years eve and allready has eaten his way to 85 lbs. I didn't think he was going to get much bigger than that when fully grown but maybe he's a fast starter and an early finisher.

Oct 2005
    The best part of multi-page threads on the homer forum is that I don't even need to know what the first post was about before jumping in and posting whatever I want.

Big time saver!

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    My sister gave me this "LITTLE" dude in june and he is too much fun. He really showed how much like me he has become buy barking at the alarm clock when it went of at 430 this morning; I'm a slow riser but he had me laughing so hard I was wide awake.
    He turned 9 months new years eve and allready has eaten his way to 85 lbs. I didn't think he was going to get much bigger than that when fully grown but maybe he's a fast starter and an early finisher.
    Ah always had a thang for the big German Shepards great dogs, he looks a big dog!

Um he looks good cond its a balance cause they so go through spurts and bursts of growth, my boys is a natural hound, he'll forage, get in my compost, I might have to get a bin of sorts, typical of breed , I got to watch him he'll eat anything.

Like to see a bigger pic of your beasty sometime whats his name?

Is he a GS or AL?

Not that it matters but am interested in dogs, I get obsessed on subjects I'm interested in

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    The best part of multi-page threads on the homer forum is that I don't even need to know what the first post was about before jumping in and posting whatever I want.

Big time saver!
    Ahh but the thing is JC you miss the best part the Journey, the destination is only the topping, you missed out on all the good single track getting to here

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Brass Nipples!
    Here are my two Jack Russell's uncharacteristically relaxed after our run this morning.

Love all the pictures of the dogs. This is a great thread.
    {Martin} And a sloppy speller too. The preferred spelling of 'wiener' is w - i - e - n - e - r, although 'e - i' is an acceptable ethnic variant.

trail fairy
    Here are my two Jack Russell's uncharacteristically relaxed after our run this morning.

Love all the pictures of the dogs. This is a great thread.
    Love Jack's! moar awesome looking dogs there Bob! They look like a devious and fun loving pair, whats there names, have tell us there names people LOL

chur for sharing!

remember wee Dixie, my old mans Jack I would take for rides with me when he stayed for awhile back! yours would have fun with her!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member

A couple from today

Axle is from a confirmation line of GS that my sister breeds. I'm not a huge road bike fan but this guy is a bit like Lance Armstrong he's only got one nut which is a good thing because if he was complete he'd be in some high dollar show home, as it happened I got him for free and couldn't be happier.TE=trailadvent]Ah always had a thang for the big German Shepards great dogs, he looks a big dog!

Um he looks good cond its a balance cause they so go through spurts and bursts of growth, my boys is a natural hound, he'll forage, get in my compost, I might have to get a bin of sorts, typical of breed , I got to watch him he'll eat anything.

Like to see a bigger pic of your beasty sometime whats his name?

Is he a GS or AL?

Not that it matters but am interested in dogs, I get obsessed on subjects I'm interested in[/QUOTE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Ta,

and all of the puppy/dog posts keep them coming.

Slider has about 25-30 toys. I never knew there were so many toys available. His favorite seems to be his soft sided puppy carrier. I think he's turned it into his vacation cabin. He drags that thing around the living room and them crawls in and goes to sleep.

Slider was crate trained as a young puppy and seems to be really happy to continue that. He drug four or five toys in to his crate the first day home. He picked them out of the pile of 25-30. So he has two places to dwell. The movable condo and the home crate.

It is great to see Maxxis grow up. The cow pictures are very funny.

The breeder is very interested in finding great homes for their dogs. I didn't mind going through his process. He did relate two instances where people did not get puppies. One couple did not want to even touch any dogs. One type A guy had one dog snort at him and then piss on his legs, the second dog barfed on him, the third one barked and would not go near him, and the fourth dog stood back and eye-balled the guy. My experience with the four same dogs was entirely different.

I think they let the dogs make the final decision.

time for me and Slider to go do a little walk around the pedestrian mall nearby. Got to get him accustomed to lots of new stuff. And he is a chick magnet.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider
    Axle is from a confirmation line of GS that my sister breeds. I'm not a huge road bike fan but this guy is a bit like Lance Armstrong he's only got one nut which is a good thing because if he was complete he'd be in some high dollar show home, as it happened I got him for free and couldn't be happier.
    He's a stunner great looking beasty,huh another bike name love it Axle kewel you guy's are great

haha mines got no nutz now ah nice hes got a good home thanx man, he looks a happy dog cheer Slowy n Axle

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    and all of the puppy/dog posts keep them coming.
    will do

Slider has about 25-30 toys. I never knew there were so many toys available. His favorite seems to be his soft sided puppy carrier. I think he's turned it into his vacation cabin. He drags that thing around the living room and them crawls in and goes to sleep.
    geez ya got way more than me then, lol, there's lots we try hard to avoid the puppy store to tempting huh, haha nice one, ahh Maxxis like he brown couch or my bed, basically where I am he is, starting to fall at my feet a bit more lately, or the deck, often likes to sit at the french doors and watch the world, he's nosy, and has a sentry nature, alert, but calm!

Ha sleep is good, Maxxis like his chuck it balls his red ball an his tire sometimes Jacks rope which i think has become his rope theyre his main play things, tennis balls last too minutes, cuddly toys last 2mintues so no more of those, squeakies hurt my head so none of those either!

Slider was crate trained as a young puppy and seems to be really happy to continue that. He drug four or five toys in to his crate the first day home. He picked them out of the pile of 25-30. So he has two places to dwell. The movable condo and the home crate

Oh thats cool I wish Maxxis would take to that, one thing I haven't been able to get him happy with even from day one, he's a quite dog a rarely barks or growls but as soon as he goes in there its all howls and barking like no tomorrow! and hes not happy when he comes out, I'm hoping over time he will settle on that. hes fine in the car on his own
    at physio or supamarket or Doc, but in cage he hates it!
    hes fine at Vets wierd!

It is great to see Maxxis grow up. The cow pictures are very funny.
    yeah he loves to play with them he just has them on, the cows are used to dogs so they aren't bothered by him at all so I think they play with him too, its a bit of a game, hes a bit of a tease lol.

The breeder is very interested in finding great homes for their dogs. I didn't mind going through his process. He did relate two instances where people did not get puppies. One couple did not want to even touch any dogs. One type A guy had one dog snort at him and then piss on his legs, the second dog barfed on him, the third one barked and would not go near him, and the fourth dog stood back and eye-balled the guy. My experience with the four same dogs was entirely different.
    Ah that's good I think most are huh, mine was same lovely lady, haha thats funny stuff LOL yeah animals especially dogs know and breeders can tell, when I met the litter she pulled em all out on the ground and let them decide, they all came running except Maxxis he sat back he was the biggest, they all jumped around for attention, I noticed him straight away before he came out of the pen, so thought it was interesting he sat back, so I patted the rest let them be stupid then he strolled on over didn't run just strolled on over pushed them out of the way and sat on my foot, the breeder said I think he's chosen you, I said hes the one, I said I knew it before he came out of the pen, similar thing happened to me when I was 5 with my Lassie dog [Black n White Collie he was a beauty]
    Weird but true.

I think they let the dogs make the final decision.
    Exactly haha I just aid that same above LOL its so true!

time for me and Slider to go do a little
    walk around the pedestrian mall nearby. Got to get him accustomed to lots of new stuff.
    haha def me got to take my boy for one too down the farm paddock, no chicks though, oh a couple of horsey gurls around, no malls out here lOL you can take slider to the Mall you lucky dewd

And he is a chick magnet.
    They def chick mags for sure I get it when I get too the beach, amazing how friendly they are too talk too, great line opener I don;t have to day anything, just as well

Enjoy, my boys amping, better give him a quick run first walks better have hes run after his ball

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Brass Nipples!
    Love Jack's! moar awesome looking dogs there Bob! They look like a devious and fun loving pair, whats there names, have tell us there names people LOL

chur for sharing!

remember wee Dixie, my old mans Jack I would take for rides with me when he stayed for awhile back! yours would have fun with her!
    My two are Buddy on the left and Buster. Buddy is 3, Buster is 1. They're half brothers (Buddy's mom got run over in between litters). Buster is the devious one. He'll do something naughty then act totally innocent when we catch him. Buddy looks guilty no matter what, even if he wasn't involved. They're a great pair and good friends, but they look like they're trying to kill each other when they play.

I was in Alaska in early December and a woman we visited said she loved JRT's but she couldn't have dogs any smaller than her blue heelers because the eagles would fly off with them. That was kind of weird to hear.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Slider

had lots of fun at the shopping plaza. Tons of people to get to know. He had no problems meeting anyone. Very gentle with seniors and toddlers, playful with youngsters and just an all around well-behaved little guy. Met one yellow lab who liked to play with puppies.

Before I brought him home Dec 6th he had not been outside or on a leash. Too cold for the little puppies this time of year. He is a great pup so far. His boody wiggle seems to get the most attention. His whole back half starts to wiggle and jiggle anytime he meets someone.

It was hard for me to go into a pet store and not walk out with a new toy, I have been trying to cure that. I think I may have purchased all of the bulldog approved toys so far. Next will be buying the larger size of toys. This is almost as bad as MTB parts UGI.

Need to take the camera on the next adventure. I wanted to make sure he behaved before bringing the camera out.

They def chick mags for sure I get it when I get too the beach, amazing how friendly they are too talk too, great line opener I don;t have to day anything, just as well

Enjoy, my boys amping, better give him a quick run first walks better have hes run after his ball

trail fairy
    My two are Buddy on the left and Buster. Buddy is 3, Buster is 1. They're half brothers (Buddy's mom got run over in between litters). Buster is the devious one. He'll do something naughty then act totally innocent when we catch him. Buddy looks guilty no matter what, even if he wasn't involved. They're a great pair and good friends, but they look like they're trying to kill each other when they play.

I was in Alaska in early December and a woman we visited said she loved JRT's but she couldn't have dogs any smaller than her blue heelers because the eagles would fly off with them. That was kind of weird to hear.
    ah cool names Bob like em, ah sad about mom, haha yeah jacks can so that well dogs can give yer that not me look aye! they sound like a pair alright, yeah they can be Jeckyll and hide when it comes to aggressive play time and the teeth come out, Maxxis has never marked me, but Dixie sure did, little toe rag, mind u typical ***** lol,

Wow really Eagles fly off with jack russells, ya know jacks were breed to be more aggressive tan almost any other breed its instinctive, they're born with it, , like any dog its how they're treated by the owner!

but put em with rats or anything that shows aggression to them and they will attack it, that link I posted for Clark, they showed JRTs baby ones taken to a barn full of hay!

under the hay was rats for Africa, now these JRTs were young not sure how old but months, they closed all the doors, then moved the bales of hay rats came out and screamed they sensed the 3 pups, the pups went nutz and like stinger missiles went @ the rats got them and there little heads shook in delight killing em dead in seconds,
    they repeated it over and over until the barn was cleared, a pile of rats was left dead the JRTs mouths were red not from injury rats blood little bugga's were so efficient!

And this was not trained this was instinctive they had never seen a rat before old Cluney was a bit sad for the rats, he said he never seen anything so aggressive, even the wolf is not this aggressive to other prey, it only does that for food not for kill.

This agg is not towards us in general because they know we are there pack leaders unless kids tease them or challenge them that's where ya got to be careful they're not to tolerant of strange children, Dixie wasn't we would be careful of her! she was fine if introduced properly!

Dixie's the same I have rats from the paddocks even with Maxxis around I see em running on the fences, when she was here not a rat in sight, or rabbit, possum. she would climb trees and kill a possum, dig holes for stoats. so surprised to hear that I would have thought they would fight off a eagle I suppose an eagle has an aerial advantage and is a big bird!

Most intelligent dog though JRTs as ya probably know none better must keep em challenged intellectually & physically lol.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    had lots of fun at the shopping plaza. Tons of people to get to know. He had no problems meeting anyone. Very gentle with seniors and toddlers, playful with youngsters and just an all around well-behaved little guy. Met one yellow lab who liked to play with puppies.
    Thats very cool ya aloud to take him there, I'd never be aloud to take maxxis to the mall, I'm not sure If I'm even aloud to have him outside the car in the local town which i a rural town or the city mall which is an outside mall, have to check the doggie by laws, not that I can handle that at mo, still cool you can though

Before I brought him home Dec 6th he had not been outside or on a leash. Too cold for the little puppies this time of year. He is a great pup so far. His boody wiggle seems to get the most attention. His whole back half starts to wiggle and jiggle anytime he meets someone.
    haha nice..

It was hard for me to go into a pet store and not walk out with a new toy, I have been trying to cure that. I think I may have purchased all of the bulldog approved toys so far. Next will be buying the larger size of toys. This is almost as bad as MTB parts UGI.
    haha I know what you mean I go to get a treat or too, some pigs ears etc and then come out with a tire, a ball moar something eek I have to make sure though its something he will play with many toys are a waste for maxxis anyway!
    But I know that same feeling
    Need to take the camera on the next adventure. I wanted to make sure he behaved before bringing the camera out.
    Positive energy as Cesar says lol

Be good to see some more

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Some pic's from our daily walk 2day!

Start down our road up our big hill to the main road t junction!

I'm ready what ya waiting for dufus

jumping up telling me comon lets go

next door neighbours doggie sign, maxxis telling em what he thinks, not intimidated lol

They have a 9 hole golf course bastids this fence is for the driving range doh! never been over, they have a moto track between me and the range, I watch em sometimes they chat!

Over the hump

long road

Ruddy hounds sniff anything get outta there gurrrgh

thats better good boy

the T junction
    Last edited by trailadvent; 01-04-2009 at 06:35 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Then we went around the road followed our old DJ course some single track we used to hoon along, i used to play on the banks on my ToP

Maxxis taking a pose sitting by himself no holding the lead good boy

Busy road so fence came in handy why I had a stretch

looking @ across the paddocks

Can just see my blue purple roof in the distance eek thats about as far as i can handle walking

some moar pan shots

I'm in the wops

My fancy Nieghbour

close up

walking home maxxis is a bit hot its plus late 20s Cel today barley a cloud

road home

our driveway

maxxis waits for me to close the gate sits like a good dog

we in our play paddock so I let him off to play with his ball and run to the cottage

he loves this part

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Top stuff TA, glad you're getting more mobile.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    Top stuff TA, glad you're getting more mobile.
    chir bud, getting there, wee bit a day

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Moar

ready for more action

loves this game

happy with his ball

ready to go again

so quick hes back again

hes cow watching again, like to look at the big heffa's

sniffing at somehting

had enough off to find some shade

my gate and his gate.

a well worn track and hole

his bat cave entrance

a well earned shady rest not letting go of his ball though not yet lol

round the back

drinkies!!

end!
    resting inside now watching some womens tennis NZ open um and causing havoc on mtbr
    Last edited by trailadvent; 01-04-2009 at 07:26 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Moar

... end!
    resting inside now watching some womens tennis NZ open um and causing havoc on mtbr
    Thanks for the virtual dog walkies, it was actually fun to see the outting pic by pic like the others you've posted.
    Nice open area over there, I'm guessing the air is clean and the nights are quiet?

trail fairy
    Thanks for the virtual dog walkies, it was actually fun to see the outting pic by pic like the others you've posted.
    Nice open area over there, I'm guessing the air is clean and the nights are quiet?
    Thanks Hubba, appreciate the comms, makes it worth doing chur..

Yup lots of open spaces, got to watch the odd crazy farmer and SUV but we all good people out here nice and friendly!

Air is clean, and yup quiet airport is about 40km away so we can hear the planes taking off when they lay down the rubba and see them from the deck through the sunshine haze sometimes, course we get the animal noises, but thats what I like its very peaceful mostly!

Maxxis has his space to run wild, I still keep him in control though he's not aloud to just do his thing! glad ya liked todays virtual wonder thought we' try to capture something a little different, sorta take so much for granted, forget how much is around you!

Be well

ta

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    had to go into town to get some check ups and stuff done to day get more later in week so took Maxxis to rugby ground 5min out of town for run afterward's.

Big day, wellgot there and was very hot late 20s again if not early 30s cel, few people riding the MTB park out the back, they are building a world class dirt jump park and BMX track down the backl, so the diggers and bob cats were working like little worker ants was funny maxxis was intrigued he loves this place, don't get there as much as I'd like.

its only 10min from home but takes a bit outta me there!

Saw a grom do the creek gap jump with no helmet its a good 5m metre jump and fast dickwad thought if he nails himself that's it to heck with him groms everywhere watchin there's only 2types of riders as far as I'm concerned ones that are down and ones that are going down how is up to you, it took me 38 plus years to do this to myself so I consider Ive had a good run lol

Anyways was interesting, and seeing posted picc's of guys with no protection XC helmets and stuff, ya got to learn ya own way!

I dropped in at the local Moto shop the guy was super cool and I got some details on a school for moto mechanic's and courses degree's and chit and gonna look into that so I can see what courses I can do, I've had some positive feedback so I'm amped about that so things looking up, now I got a goal to aim for in that direction! And I have some other small wee goals to shoot for this year too!

Back to some picc's of my wonda dog cause I can't sing or dance

The new DJ BMX course taking shape!

Big digger / Little Digga

MTB forest

Lead in DH to the creek gapper

switch back heaven in them there hill and long grass maxxis and I walk through there he goes nutz in that stuff

Rugby ground where kiwi's love to run with no pads , maxxis runs after his balls lol

lying down on the job again

My navman after his run

Chir
    Last edited by trailadvent; 01-05-2009 at 08:26 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Brass Nipples!
    Some more doggy pics with Buddy and Buster.

We were on a hike and found an arch. In the picture it looks to me like it could be quite large, like many I've seen in and around Moab.

Once the dogs get in the picture, it's easier to judge the scale, though.

Dogs really are great therapy in and of themselves. How can your spirit not be buoyed up when you go for a walk with a dog?

No, that's not phonetic
    That's totally funny, Bob.

Those pics of TA's 'hood always remind me of our NZ bike tour a number of years ago. We spent about a month and a half and knocked out 5,000 km riding around the two islands. What a great time...
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Moosehead

Gotta Love Puppies

So our seven year old walks in on mom and I while we, er, ah, are being affectionate, and asks: "Whatcha doing dad?"

"Well son, we're making babies."

So he says, "Could you flip her over then, I kinda want a puppy?!"

trail fairy
    Bob awesome picc's dude those guy's are characters huh!

I agree wit ya comments, I always feel great when am out with maxxis on a walk especially at different places, I love going to new places as does he hardest thing not being able to go far, but we are exploring lots around close to home so we getting to know base camp very well!

I like the picc of the JR coming out of the rock!

Me and Maxxis 4C been down @ the bend a bit lately big trip for me 15min from home, swim for maxxis, we walk around there, sun and I'm really stuff almost black outs driving home too much am at my limits really!

but he loves it there, very popular with boaties wake boarding, water skiing, water's not to bad, not clean like south island rivers so Im a noob to get in!

picc's to come!

ta..
    Last edited by trailadvent; 01-13-2009 at 12:45 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    So our seven year old walks in on mom and I while we, er, ah, are being affectionate, and asks: "Whatcha doing dad?"

"Well son, we're making babies."

So he says, "Could you flip her over then, I kinda want a puppy?!"
    Funny chit Moose Kids huh, they like puppies

Oh you needs a sign on the door a send the kids over to finds house I dunno what ya do with em, I thought that's why ,Ray's mom and Dad lived across the street

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Members who have read this thread: 0