Any cream color or white 29er tires out there?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Any cream color or white 29er tires out there?

The only ones I saw are the Amsterdam 700c x 40mm which are more narrow than i'd like. (made by Electra Bikes). I want these colors because of the high visibility factor for night street riding.Any body got any info?

mtbr member

vittoria

this is from quality bicycle products 700x34
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I don't understand how this would be a better option vs. lights or tires with reflective strips.

Aug 2004
    schwalbe has some nice 26" creme fat frank tires, but I don't think they have a 700 version yet.

want visibility? get these:

http://www.sweetskinztires.com/sweet.../products.aspx

yow.

mtbr member
    May 2008

no offense, but...

white or cream tires aren't going to help with night visibility. At all. You need tires with the reflective bands around the sides. Schwalbe Big Apples come to mind. Or Schwalbe Marathons. I'm sure there are more. Also, you can mount reflective tape on your rims.

All this is still secondary to a good headlamp/taillamp set up and reflective clothing. Mount reflective tape on your bike.

I commute to/from work and do everything I can to be seen. White tires wouldn't cut it. Use lot's of reflectors/reflective tape and lights.

Good luck and stay safe.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMo
    white or cream tires aren't going to help with night visibility. At all. You need tires with the reflective bands around the sides. Schwalbe Big Apples come to mind. Or Schwalbe Marathons. I'm sure there are more. Also, you can mount reflective tape on your rims.

All this is still secondary to a good headlamp/taillamp set up and reflective clothing. Mount reflective tape on your bike.

I commute to/from work and do everything I can to be seen. White tires wouldn't cut it. Use lot's of reflectors/reflective tape and lights.

Good luck and stay safe.
    The white or cream tires are just part of high vis. I plan to use reflective tape on the rims, Planet bike tail lights, other flashing lights, a good headlight, reflective clothing, pedal reflectors, a loud police whistle, an air horn, the whole 9. And then ride on the sidewalk as much as possible. I was very fortunate not to have been killed when I use to commute 14 years ago,when I rode in black pants and a black jacket 25 miles a day,5 days a week. I'm glad I know better now.Streets + Bikes + Cars&Trucks + High Gas Prices= a Bike Commuters' nightmare. What a bummer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr
    The only ones I saw are the Amsterdam 700c x 40mm which are more narrow than i'd like. (made by Electra Bikes). I want these colors because of the high visibility factor for night street riding.Any body got any info?
    Schwalbe Big Apples: They have an insane reflective strip and are great commuter tires.

Cheers,
    Marty

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I don't know about amsterdam but riding on the sidewalk is usually not good for being seen.

when a car pulls out of a parking lot/ alley or drive way they typically don't look left and right until they are looking at the street, having already driven on the sidewalk. Same with pulling into the parking lot. The driver will look for cross traffic on the road but not the sidewalk.

-bustin punks
    Alternating colors (white and red) of conspicuity tape on your rim sidewalls. This is the stuff you see on the big trucks. It's bright, really bright. Get it on ebay.

mtbr member
    Is there any white or cream 29er tires out? Google search was a fail

mtbr member
    29X2.0 cream fat franks still exist w/ reflective sides

Fat Frank HS 375 | Schwalbe North America

Members who have read this thread: 0