Is MBA working for Mongoose now?- Mtbr.com
    BrassBalled DropbarNinja

Is MBA working for Mongoose now?

hHahahahaha... i think they're reffering to Freeriding as "Black Diamond" in their latest issue... i'm just cracking up... lol

Premium Member
    You do know they've been doing that for years, right?

Bum Buzzer
    You do know they were the ones who started using the term for MTB (and the ONLY ones using it excepting the Mongoose)

Tons of backlash and no one is interested in following their lead 3 years later, but they still push it (and dont publish any of the plethora of mail they get about it)

Its a pretty dumb idea...

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    lol... i never knew... then i was reading it today and it was funny. I was like... Black Diamond??? WTF is that??? Also with the "Trail Bikes", it says weight range 25 - 32lbs??? Huh??? Sounds more like an XC bike... lol

Sigh, i just cant wait for my Mountain Biking Mag to arrive... i think i'm done with MBA. It's going to be almost a year soon... lol

Glad to Be Alive
    around our parts in SoCal......a lot of local riders hate those guys......IMO they are hypocrites.......I have heard they have issues testing bikes (some break) and they write up sparkling reviews.....RC is a liar...he said he boogie boarded a Tsusami in one article.....he is lame
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    MBA = Mountain Bike Fiction

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    If I'm not mistaken, MBA commonly uses the term Black Diamond and Triple Black Diamond in their classification system. It seems like they jump at the chance to push whatever BS hype and marketing term floods the industry at the moment.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr remember
    Is this a skiing magazine we're talking about?

seriously though, I haven't picked one up in at least half a dozen years or more... but I do remember they were IMO the mag to have in the early to mid 90's!!! I've still got stacks of'em...
    Schralp it Heavy.

BrassBalled DropbarNinja
    i dunno... a lot of ads in it... some of the pics are pretty nice... but i see more things about bikes (which i'm not sure i agree with) and not enough about riding... But hell, it was a cheap magazine... Even so, cant beat my favourite mag, MBUK...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Also with the "Trail Bikes", it says weight range 25 - 32lbs??? Huh??? Sounds more like an XC bike... lol
    Thats not far off...Maybe 27-34 is a bit better. I would say that is the range for most 4-6" travel bikes. Most XC bikes are in the 22-28 lb range.

My Prophet MX (thru-axle and extra gusset over the normal prophet) with a 36 Coil and and DHX Coil weights in at 34lbs. And it's plenty strong...I've dropped 8'ish on it, brought it to Diablo plenty of times and still done some 15-20 mile XC rides on it.

Tom

TNC
    noMAD man
    I read just about every MTB mag printed. Finding any decent amount of MTB reading material is difficult, so rather than read "Better Homes and Gardens" like SMT does, I'll read any piece of paper that has something about MTB written on it. If some of you other mtbr posters here make up their own MTB mag with pencil and crayon, hell, I'll read that too. I think I'm smart enough to discern BS from A+, and most you are smart enough also.

BTW, EIO confirmed that during his visit to SMT's house, he caught Bob in the closet with a flashlight reading MBA at 2:30 AM...making strange noises.

Members who have read this thread: 0