Zoke air valve- Mtbr.com

Thread: Zoke air valve

mtbr member

Zoke air valve

I had the local shop service my 04 marathon s, and they said the valve was leaking, so they replaced it. I went to add air yesterday, and it just blows past the valve. I removed the valve, and replaced it with a new tire valve, and same thing happens.
    Does anyone know if Zoke uses a special shraeder valve? Tire valves have a tapered seal, and when I look down the hole, it looks like a straight shot. Do I need to have the lbs order a valve from Marzocchi, or is something else wrong. As the shock cycles, it just sucks air in and out.

Thanks,
    Ken

TNC
    noMAD man
    Two types of schrader valve designs. One type of schrader assembly has the tapered thread sealing method. The type I've seen most commonly used on bike rear shocks uses an o-ring design. I have not removed a Zoke fork schrader to see which design it is. My Zoke forks use that small, proprietary air valve. You might check to see which design schrader assembly Zoke uses for your shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg
    I had the local shop service my 04 marathon s, and they said the valve was leaking, so they replaced it. I went to add air yesterday, and it just blows past the valve. I removed the valve, and replaced it with a new tire valve, and same thing happens.
    Does anyone know if Zoke uses a special shraeder valve? Tire valves have a tapered seal, and when I look down the hole, it looks like a straight shot. Do I need to have the lbs order a valve from Marzocchi, or is something else wrong. As the shock cycles, it just sucks air in and out.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Bikeparts.com is where I got my replacement core. The length of the opening pin is important for proper pump adaptor operation. Others I have tried would seal but the opening pin wasn't long enough for the pump adaptor to open properly.

Members who have read this thread: 0