Yasusu anyone?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Yasusu anyone?

What? There's more?

Yasusu anyone?

My kid just bought a shock from Yasusu built to order at a suspiciously low price. When it arrived from Taiwan (two day shipping for $25US), he opened the box and a chorus of angels sang. OK, not literally, but it is a very nice piece. Very clean, crisp machining, good attention to detail, top fit and finish, first-rate materials. We bolted it up and the ride matched the visual impression. Three-way adjustable and easy to dial in. Remote reservoir with compession damping adjustment mounted up near the headstock makes lock-out easy.
    Anyone have a long term impression of these guys?

Oct 2007
    i think they're the factory supplier of shocks for honda motorcycles.. strangely low priced though!

id be interested to see a longer term review too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I saw those on Ebay the other day, really odd design, the stroke length seems much less than normal shocks when compared against the eye to eye.

Couldn't find a list of stroke/eye2eye lengths they are available in, just a paypal link to buy them.

What? There's more?
    The one my kid got is a BRCP-101 and can be made with an eye-to-eye length from 5.91" to 7.87" with a corresponding stroke from .98" to 1.97". Other models have longer available lengths/strokes. Spring rates can be specified. The BRCP-101 claims to use a floating piston which puts it ahead of nitrogen bladder designs.

Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet dew
    I saw those on Ebay the other day, really odd design, the stroke length seems much less than normal shocks when compared against the eye to eye.

Couldn't find a list of stroke/eye2eye lengths they are available in, just a paypal link to buy them.
    they come in all the typical shock stroke lengths except 7.875x2.25.. but they come in 7.875x2.0.. and 6.5x1.5. nothing too weird. they're using metric and rounding.

Members who have read this thread: 0