Is the x-fusion 02rla crap- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Is the x-fusion 02rla crap

Hi all. I have a 2007 fsr with this shock. I've wondered if this shock is any good and in the uk have seen some reviewers slate it and others say how good it is. Due to specialized's shock sizing upgrading would be expensive and as i have little to compare to as i'm new to full-suss, would upgrading be worthwhile ?

Former Bike Wrench
    I ran a X-Fusion O2 PVA for a couple years and it out performed the Fox Float R it replaced. Does it work for you or are you having issues with it?

IMO X-Fusion makes a good product and their customer service is great

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    It works. But as i've never ridden another full.suss i cant tell how well.

Bike Crusader~
    Jan 2009
    I've owned the shock and the frame before, the shock gets the job done, there's no need to change it you'd probably not feel any difference~
    Only difference will probably be that the new shock you upgrade to will have easier rebound damping adjustment on the fly.... Not really essential coz the 02RLA is a set and forget shock for the rebound damping setting....

You can read my review here:
    http://www.togoparts.com/articles/ar...d=189&pageid=2

The review was done in 2006 but it's a 2007 model FSR XC~ ( I got it early hehe)

Oh yes by the way the shock that comes with the frame is not a standard eyelet to eyelet length so you have to consider that factor also... I mentioned it in my review~

Cheers!
    Mas
    "Ride it, Feel it...."

Members who have read this thread: 1