Who wants a coil shock (or any std shock) on a 14+ Enduro? Gauging interest for link- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Who wants a coil shock (or any std shock) on a 14+ Enduro? Gauging interest for link

I have a design together for a link that will mount up to the 2014+ Enduro frames and will take a standard eyelet shock. This will let you run a coil shock, air shock, whatever. Only thing you'd have to do is press in an adapter instead of the DU bushing and get a spacer to reduce the travel of the shock to avoid interference (if your frame does indeed require that). That would be super easy for mounting up any 8.5" coil shock since it would just need a .25" spacer behind the bumper.

I'm going to shoot for target pricing of ~$200, though final pricing is TBDand will be totally dependent on quantity. Will be CNC'd aluminum, and the shock could be removed from the link while on the bike.

Right now I'd just like to gauge interest in something like that. Specialized is of no help at all trying to get a shock on these frames that doesn't suck, so I'm going to fix it myself.

mtbr member
    Yes. Can I have it now? Got a quote for an Ohlins today, $1600NZ ($1200US) Ugh.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'd be interested in one for the StumpJumper FSR EVO 29.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    For now I'm going to start with the fit for the Enduro 29 model because that's what I have to work with.

As there is demand (and as I get access to do measurements), I'll do runs for the other models too. I know many people would like to run a coil shock on their Enduro frames so that seems like a reasonable place to start.

mtbr member
    Does anyone know how different the yokes are? On the 14 Enduro Comp and Evo (26) the yoke had the same part number.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I have read that the 2015 650B yokes are something like 6mm shorter, and some of the team riders were running that yoke on the 29er to slack it out. I'm now interested to see if running a full 2.5" stroke shock will cause interference issues with a standard link.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH28 View Post
    I have read that the 2015 650B yokes are something like 6mm shorter, and some of the team riders were running that yoke on the 29er to slack it out. I'm now interested to see if running a full 2.5" stroke shock will cause interference issues with a standard link.
    1/4" is no big deal. I can build a shock for Mudguard to get around that. So long as the shock clears his frame.
    Owner of www.shockcraft.co.nz, Mech Engineer, Tuner, Manitou, Motorex, Vorsprung EPTC, SKF, Enduro
    www.dougal.co.nz

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'd be interested. Would this work with the vivid air?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    That would be the idea. I'd have to get one in person to check out to verify. The rebound adjust looks really close to the eyelet on that shock (versus the coil version). Might make accessing it a little more difficult. There would have to be SOME overlap towards the other end of the shock to get good engagement on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Any updates on this?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Not yet, still trying to gauge interest and get a prototype machined.

mtbr member
    Little more expensive than a link, but you get a whole lot more performance!

This came off the machines here at PUSH today.....

Who wants a coil shock (or any std shock) on a 14+ Enduro? Gauging interest for link-enduro29.jpg

Darren

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Nice!

I REALLY love the idea of those units, and I hope they take off, but I unfortunately love having $1200 more. I could see paying some additional premium for a shock like that, but paying double is pretty tough to swallow.

Do you expect the prices to come down as manufacturing scales?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I've got a handful of these being made. Should be about 3 weeks before they're ready. Anyone still serious about wanting one?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am. Any idea on cost?

mtbr member
    Do you have any pictures? If so please post it or PM me. Thanks