white brothers forks.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr "member"

white brothers forks.

White Brothers forks were one of the best and most expensive forks many years back. Then I heard (probably rumor) that the cycling division was sold to Huffy.

Anyway, are the forks still pretty good or is the company "on the way out". I don't see them advertised or sold at too many retailers. I was considering one of the VT models but didn't want to invest that much if the company is going to be gone in a year.

Anyone with any info about White Brothers forks?

REEK

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Reek
    White Brothers forks were one of the best and most expensive forks many years back. Then I heard (probably rumor) that the cycling division was sold to Huffy.

Anyway, are the forks still pretty good or is the company "on the way out". I don't see them advertised or sold at too many retailers. I was considering one of the VT models but didn't want to invest that much if the company is going to be gone in a year.

REEK
    They appear to have merged with/been bought by EKO Sports, formerly known as Englund. Englund made the Total Air cartridges for WB's air SC70UL, and as an aftermarket upgrade for many other forks.

I've got a '98 SC70UL, and it's a nice, stiff, light, short travel fork. I don't know what WB's current offerings are like, though. There's a link to EKO in the Hotlinks section, so you could check it out.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

otb club member

Huffy? I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by Reek

REEK
    That's pretty good. I guess that's the proverbial worse thing that can happen to a company is to be bought-out by Huffy...

They are still around and still make good quality stuff. Someone I work with has a lot of experience selling and servicing their forks. According to him, the quality is very good. They are a small company and pay a lot of attention to detail. They have a loyal following and try to keep up with demand, but sometimes lag a little behind in supplying product.
    As Kathy said, they are affiliated with EKO Sports and do have a website, but the quaility of pics and information at the site is a bit weak.

Hope this helps,
    -Chris
    http://www.enduroforkseals.com/