Where is the air valve on a All Mountain 1 05?- Mtbr.com
    I like to ride my bike.

New question here. Where is the air valve on a All Mountain 1 05?

Just curious if anyone knows where the shrader valve is on an 05 Marzocchi AM 1. I went to a bike shop, looked at a few zokes I knew where air, but could not find the valve. PS, I weigh 100lbs, what psi should I run. Or could I run it with 0psi and just be supported by the coil in the eta/tas system?
    Thanks guys.
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

Elitest thrill junkie
    There is no schrader valve.

The fork comes with a valve adaptor, it screws on a schrader valve shock pump.

Download the service manual, but at your weight I'd say 0-5psi at the most.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Also, at your weight, you will be best off removing the main coil spring and supporting yourself on air alone on one side (the other will remain coil). You will also be better served by replacing stock oil with 5wt, that's the oil inside of the bladder, not the bath oil, so it takes a mechanic with know how or trial and error on your side.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by MK_
    Also, at your weight, you will be best off removing the main coil spring and supporting yourself on air alone on one side (the other will remain coil). You will also be better served by replacing stock oil with 5wt, that's the oil inside of the bladder, not the bath oil, so it takes a mechanic with know how or trial and error on your side.

_MK
    The AM1 only has one coil spring to begin with.

The damping-cart leg has no spring.

Best to go zero pressure in that leg, and see if that works.

A possible fix would be to find a Z150 "light" spring, that *might* work in the coil-spring leg.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

MK_
    carpe mañana
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    The damping-cart leg has no spring.

Best to go zero pressure in that leg, and see if that works.

A possible fix would be to find a Z150 "light" spring, that *might* work in the coil-spring leg.
    That's right. Yeah, you would need to do something to the spring on the ETA side, as removing it would kill the ETA.

_MK

"The things you get fired for when you’re young are the same things you get Lifetime Achievements for when you’re old."

Members who have read this thread: 0