What is involved with converting a Jr T into a Super T?- Mtbr.com
    MBN
    mtbr member

What is involved with converting a Jr T into a Super T?

Is it just a matter of putting the HSCV internals in the left leg giving you the external rebound? Is there more to consider here? Just as good as a Super T?
    Thanks for any input.
    M.

MBN
    mtbr member
    .......anyone........anyone?

TNC
    noMAD man
    This has been covered many times. Get Marz to send you the cartridge and top cap parts for the Super T for the same model year as your Jr. The exact year model probably isn't critical, but hey, why risk it...Marz should be able to send you the right cart. Your springs will work with the new cart. There is somewhat of a debate on running one or two Super T carts when doing this conversion. I ran two on mine, but I did it a long time ago on an '02 Jr.T. If I did it again, I'd just install one Super T cart and disable the SSV Jr.T cart that was left in the fork. I think leaving an unmodified SSV cart in one leg will still result in some compression spiking...which is what you're trying to do away with.

MBN
    mtbr member
    Thanks TNC! Lovin my modified Pryme! Works really well!

TNC
    noMAD man
    Glad to hear about the Pryme. I'm still loving mine.

Keep on Rockin...

Right on....

Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    This has been covered many times. Get Marz to send you the cartridge and top cap parts for the Super T for the same model year as your Jr. The exact year model probably isn't critical, but hey, why risk it...Marz should be able to send you the right cart. Your springs will work with the new cart. There is somewhat of a debate on running one or two Super T carts when doing this conversion. I ran two on mine, but I did it a long time ago on an '02 Jr.T. If I did it again, I'd just install one Super T cart and disable the SSV Jr.T cart that was left in the fork. I think leaving an unmodified SSV cart in one leg will still result in some compression spiking...which is what you're trying to do away with.
    Disable the SSV cart. by yanking out the washer-like ring.

Oil weight. I found after my mod I needed to bump up the oil weight by mixing about a 4:1 mix of 10wt:7wt oil. It made a large difference and I may even go to straight 10wt with the next oil change. For my 180# I don't think the single active HSCV cart was enough to provide adequate damping with only the 7 wt oil. Maybe if you are lighter it would be fine with stock wieght oil. With the 7wt oil the fork was super smooth on the small hits but blew through it's travel way to easy.

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 0