Waah - Broken front dropout on Fox Talas- Mtbr.com
    pewpewpew Moderator

Waah - Broken front dropout on Fox Talas

I managed to break off the front right dropout on my fork. (luckily I was not on the bike when it happened). What options do I have aside from buying a new fork? This is a Fox Talas R that was converted to a RLC and PUSH'd.

Thanks for any advice.

mtbr member
    I had a friend break a dropout when he didn't secure the rear wheel of a bike mounted on a roof rack. It was facing rearward and flipped off while he was driving. He was able to buy a new set of lowers-not sure if he went directly through Fox or a shop.

Meh.
    Call up Fox and see if they can hook you up with a new set of lowers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Yup, It'll cost you, but Fox should be able to....

hook you up. You will probably have to find a dealer in your area, but the lowers should be available. Check with Fox on availablility before you start the dealer search though.

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"

Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    I managed to break off the front right dropout on my fork. (luckily I was not on the bike when it happened). What options do I have aside from buying a new fork? This is a Fox Talas R that was converted to a RLC and PUSH'd.

Thanks for any advice.
    Ok, when are we going to hear the story behind this one? Sounds like it could be interesting. ;^)

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I'd definitely try to score some new lowers if you had it tuned to your liking. Or, check eBay for a non-functional organ donor.

BTW, were you happy with the results from what PUSH did? My '03 RLC needs an overhaul, and I was thinking of sending it to them for the treatment.

Kathy :^)
    Look where you want to go. This is as true in life as it is in mtbiking.

jrm
    mtbr member

Hey..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky
    Ok, when are we going to hear the story behind this one? Sounds like it could be interesting. ;^)

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I'd definitely try to score some new lowers if you had it tuned to your liking. Or, check eBay for a non-functional organ donor.

BTW, were you happy with the results from what PUSH did? My '03 RLC needs an overhaul, and I was thinking of sending it to them for the treatment.

I did my 03 a while back and it really shot some new life into the forks adjustability, ride height (taller), tracking and feel.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky

Well I hucked off this 50 foot cliff and then...

No actually it broke while I was loading it in the back of my car. I'm just grateful that it happened then and not on the epic very remote ride I had done the day before, not on the night ride I had scheduled for that night.

I am happy with my fork. I am not the best judge of suspension, I seem unable to feel some of the differences that my friends can appreciate, but I'm glad I did it as the fork was exploding oil and it sure beat getting a new one.

Members who have read this thread: 0