Van 36 blown seal- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Van 36 blown seal

My Van 36r has a small leak from the bottom left leg and is creaking (creak may be headset not sure yet) on small drops and jumps. Doesn't creak yet just riding but definately making weird noise on drops. What seals should I replace with - can LBS do it or will it have to be sent to Fox? Thanks in advance!

Old man on a bike
    Van or Talas? I bought a set of Fox seals for my eventual service from an lbs as I plan to do my own but I'd trust that shop to do it as well (passiontrailbikes.com). Don't know if Enduro has seals for the 36 as I didn't check, you might also see what PUSH has to offer. So far so good on my seals on my Van36RC2 after 3 months, not a bit of leakage. I'd think if you're still under warranty you might want/need to send it in to Fox if your shop isn't authorized by Fox. OTOH if it's from the bottom, seals might not have much to do with it.

ps as whoaohohohoh says, the crush washers/bottom nuts might be your problem, new crush washers come with the fox seal kit and you may as well do service the seals at the same time if you go that route.
    Last edited by Bikinfoolferlife; 07-06-2006 at 09:09 PM.
    "...the people get the government they deserve..."
    suum quique

Whoaohohohoh
    If you are weaking from the bottom, you might want to replace the crush washers on the bottom nuts and see if that stops the leak.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Crush washer was the problem...

got a new one from Ace Hardware but still getting weird creak on hits. Maybe oil level is off - not sure but gonna ride it a few days and not worry too much about it. Thanks for the good info.

Members who have read this thread: 0