tuning a '05 Minute 2:00- Mtbr.com

Jun 2005

New question here. tuning a '05 Minute 2:00

Is someone familiar with this shock. I lost my manual and their website is a little ambiguous. I have the main spring pressure set to 110psi. Not sure what to do about SPV volume or pressure. The rebound damping is fine. Also, do I need a separate pump for SPV? The Manitou pump I use for main spring pressure does not seem to work for the SPV. I am about 165lbs and am mainly a XC rider, no jumping.

Thanks to all.

mtbr member
    Sorry, double post.
    I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member
    First things first - an air fork is useless if you can't put air where it should go. What type of pump are you using for the main air chamber? The same pump should work for both. How does your pump "not work" for the SPV valve.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...light=SPV+core That's a link about a problem with the SPV chamber air valve itself. Some have it - some don't. If that's not it then it might be your pump.

Also, what travel is your fork - 100 or 130? XC, i'm assuming 100, but gotta be sure.

I ..... need ..... DIRT!!!!!

... and cookies. :D

mtbr member

Minute 3

I have a minute 3 and in the main chamber try 35%-60% of your body weight in air pressure, in the SPV chamber try 50 to 90 psi depending on how much of a platform you want on the fork. As far as your pump goes, the SPV chamber has such a small volume that many shock pumps will let out half of the air just when you unscrew the fitting. Manitou sells a dedicated SPV pump, I have found that a Topeak Pocket Shock DXG pump works really well, it has a double fitting mechanism that only lets out a few pounds when you unscrew it and it is very small and you can pack it in your camelback so you can adjust your air pressure on the trail. Also, always put a little teflon lube on your dust wiper seals on your fork it makes it soooo much smoother.

Jun 2005

Good info

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTO
    First things first - an air fork is useless if you can't put air where it should go. What type of pump are you using for the main air chamber? The same pump should work for both. How does your pump "not work" for the SPV valve.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...light=SPV+core That's a link about a problem with the SPV chamber air valve itself. Some have it - some don't. If that's not it then it might be your pump.

Also, what travel is your fork - 100 or 130? XC, i'm assuming 100, but gotta be sure.

I am using a Manitou shock pump, works fine on the main spring. I will try the tip with the valve stem or just replace the shraeder valve.

Members who have read this thread: 0