Toasted DHX Air?- Mtbr.com
    Poser

Toasted DHX Air?

I'm going to do my best to be concise!

I just started riding again after 2 years. In 2005 I put a DHX Air 5.0 on my Yeti 575. I've got about 10 rides in now after the big break.

The DHX seemed to be "seeping" a lot from the air canister. On my last ride on Monday, the shock was sagging at 80-90% no matter how much air I put into it. I assumed from 2 years of sitting the seals were going bad. Today I bought an air canister reseal kit, did the work, and then realized I HAD BEEN PUMPING UP THE BOOST VALVE UP TO 250-275, while ignoring the preload air input. So stupid because I know better, but that's what happens when you ride a road bike for 2 years.

So now I have oil coming from the red rebound adjuster up top, and a shock that still seems to be sagging more than it should after putting the right pressures in the right places.

I think I did the air canister seals well and good, and it seems to be holding the pressure I pump it to. Is there anything I can do myself before shipping off to Fox?

Poser
    Nevermind. After monkeying around some more, the rebound knob sprang a leak and let go of about 1-2cc of oil.

Looks like it's going to Fox no matter what.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Sounds like a good idea as I guess it's needing a full service now to replace the o-ring that seals the rebound adjuster shaft, which requires totally dismantling/rebuilding everything pretty much.

mtbr member
    Yeap pretty much toast, im pretty sure the rebound o-ring is hard to get at with out special tools, best bet, send it to fox

Members who have read this thread: 0