Swinger 4 Way Experts- Mtbr.com
    NedwannaB

Swinger 4 Way Experts

Looking for shock set-up help for 135 lb. rider. I just finished building up (well, my LBS did anyway.... ) a small Tomac Eli frame w/ Fox Float 130RLC up front. Shock position is set in the mid travel (4.5") for now.

Any thoughts on air pressure/sag etc.?

%$#$*!
    I'm no expert, but I'll offer my 2cents since I've had a 4way for a few years now. it takes a little more time than other shocks so be patient.

start off by deciding how much pedaling platform you want, 50psi is the minimum in the spv chamber.

then do the main spring for sag (25-35%) depending on your riding style. I like 35% sag on my bike, but this will depend on your riding style and preferences. a general guide is 25% xc, 35%am/fr. you can go by the markings on the reservoir.

adjust bottom out. make it more linear by backing it out all the way or more progressive by turning it in (clockwise). this feature also works with your bike's suspension design, whether it has a falling rate or a rising rate, and whether the shock needs to compensate for it or not.

one thing to keep in mind is that when you add air, the readings may change because air is then disipated into the pump as well as the shock chambers.

good luck and have fun.

NedwannaB

Well worth.......

Quote Originally Posted by beefmagic
    I'm no expert, but I'll offer my 2cents since I've had a 4way for a few years now. it takes a little more time than other shocks so be patient.

start off by deciding how much pedaling platform you want, 50psi is the minimum in the spv chamber.

then do the main spring for sag (25-35%) depending on your riding style. I like 35% sag on my bike, but this will depend on your riding style and preferences. a general guide is 25% xc, 35%am/fr. you can go by the markings on the reservoir.

adjust bottom out. make it more linear by backing it out all the way or more progressive by turning it in (clockwise). this feature also works with your bike's suspension design, whether it has a falling rate or a rising rate, and whether the shock needs to compensate for it or not.

one thing to keep in mind is that when you add air, the readings may change because air is then disipated into the pump as well as the shock chambers.

good luck and have fun.
    .....the $.02 input. Thanks, this will be very helpfull. I've heard that the set-up curve is longer for this shock. This info might be all I need to make it right! Now if I can find sometime this w/end to put it to the test......

Members who have read this thread: 0