super deluxe coil tools- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2013

super deluxe coil tools

I was about to do a full 200hr service on my super deluxe coil but I'm blown away by the prices of sram specific tooling needed to complete the job. Is it possible to avoid buying these tools : spring compressor tool, ifp height tool and 24mm spanner wrench (special wrench with pins)...buying all this crap will cost me well over 150$, what a joke.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    super deluxe is like fox's x2 in this term this is home made tool for vivid's counter measure spring.

I had to buy spanner for sealhead and could not unthread piggyback cuz it needs thin wrench. At least you can copy my solution its made from anglegrinder's tools for loosing cutting disc nut.
    Last edited by nikon255; 09-13-2019 at 01:04 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    The pin spanner is the only one you really need, you can do the job fine without the other 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC7 View Post
    The pin spanner is the only one you really need, you can do the job fine without the other 2
    You are right, but that was pain in the ass to fully preload counter measure spring and tighten sealhead. I had to do it many times cuz of tuning (then test) midvalve.So figured out comfortable tool

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just set the ifp a couple of mm shallower than the factory setting to account for the compression of the CM spring. Or install the main spring and wind on preload until its fullyextended before setting IFP
    www.thesuspensionlab.nz
    Servicing in Rotorua, NZ/Vorsprung Elite Tuning Centre/DVO service centre/Insta @thesuspensionlab

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC7 View Post
    Just set the ifp a couple of mm shallower than the factory setting to account for the compression of the CM spring. Or install the main spring and wind on preload until its fullyextended before setting IFP
    Yeah! Measure volume of shaft, calculate ifp height difference. If I knew it before...

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Johnny, I'm not sure I understand your trick about the ifp...first of all, is the factory setting of the ifp height the same as the markings on the ifp tool (33mm for 45-65mm stroke) ? There's no info in the manual besides stating "use the tool to blablabla".

So you're saying I need to install my coil and crank the collar ? Is that what you mean by "wind on the preload"