Stuck Recon- Mtbr.com

Thread: Stuck Recon

mtbr member
    May 2004

Stuck Recon

I have an 08 Santa Cruz Heckler with a Rockshox Recon front fork and the fork seems to have lost most of its travel. When I have the knob on the top of the right fork switched to the locked position it limits travel to about an inch or two, and now the travel is limited to that same inch or two when the knob is flipped to the open position. My guess is that the mechanicals under the knob are somehow stuck in the locked position-has anyone else experienced this type of thing?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    My Revelation did that to and my friend thought it was hydrolocked which is the100ml or so of oil in the MoCo area leaked out and since liquids can't compressed...well there you go.

Either way go to your LBS that supports RS and tell them your problem and they'll call it into RS for you. There have been some problems in MoCo unit and they'll send you the parts to fix it. Don't bother calling RS directly as they will tell you to talk to your dealer.

eat your porridge jordie
    The lower seal head is leaking oil into the lowers. VERY common problem on these forks.
    "If you want to do something ordinary people can't, you have to be willing to do what ordinary people won't"

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the responses, I took it to the LBS today.

Members who have read this thread: 0