Sram- Mtbr.com

Thread: Sram

Dude...

Sram

I don't know what the consensus is on SRAM buying rockshox, but I just got a new pike 454 air and it looks pretty freakin' impressive. Too bad i have to sit in front of a computer all week and can't use it. At least I can stare at it..
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep
    I don't know what the consensus is on SRAM buying rockshox, but I just got a new pike 454 air and it looks pretty freakin' impressive. Too bad i have to sit in front of a computer all week and can't use it. At least I can stare at it..
    SRAM buying RS saved RS. Three years ago their stuff was crap. Big turnaround.

Bicyclochondriac.
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessep
    I think the consensus is that it saved an ailing giant. RS was crap. I would never think of buying one. In fact it took some convincing for me to believe the Pike was worth buying. Now I realize they have put out one of the best forks on the market (Pike) I have owned Marzocchi and Fox Forks, and this is every bit as good. The only beef I have with mine is plastic knobs, and they changed that for `06.

Kapusta

Dude...
    Quote Originally Posted by kapusta
    I think the consensus is that it saved an ailing giant. RS was crap. I would never think of buying one. In fact it took some convincing for me to believe the Pike was worth buying. Now I realize they have put out one of the best forks on the market (Pike) I have owned Marzocchi and Fox Forks, and this is every bit as good. The only beef I have with mine is plastic knobs, and they changed that for `06.

Kapusta
    Yeah, I still have a friend to convince myself. He has a vanilla that feels like a pogo stick and has a creaking crown. Owned a psylo before that (crap) so still has a bad taste in his mouth when he hears "rockshox"

Hopefully getting a ride on it today...

Members who have read this thread: 0