springs '04 minute 1:00- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

springs '04 minute 1:00

my fork is just too soft...i've tried to make up for it by having high air pressure but then the forks acts funny makes a clunky feel to it...i think the issue is that the stock spring in the fork is too soft for me...i weigh 185-190 and ride pretty aggressively with my weight over the bars alot...the owners manual says something about firmer springs being available but the 1:00 is jumbled up with the 2:00 and 3:00 and now that the '05 forks have come out, i can't find anybody carry the right part number on-line...yeah, yeah, i've sent an email to answere but have not heard back yet and thought i'd try you guys

anyway...anybody do this?
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    The minute 1:00 comes with a medium spring, too light fot a 190# rider. I had to order a xfirm for my Minute 1:00 to handle my 220#. Just call Answer tech support (661-257-4411) and you will get instant help. They will give you the correct part number which you take to your LBS and they can order it for you. Cost around 25$ if I remember correctly.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

MattSavage

Try this link instead...

http://www.answerproducts.com/guides...8%3A31%3A17+AM

OR this one, go to page 4:

http://www.answerproducts.com/manual...8%3A28%3A28+AM

Sometimes you'll sit on hold for awhile before you get through to the techs. These pages have the part numbers.

Or, if you don't want to deal with an Local Bicycle Shop, try this website:

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/bikes/sea...=i-home-search

The 05 ride kit (spring) is the same as the 04.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage

Sometimes you'll sit on hold for awhile before you get through to the techs. These pages have the part numbers.

cool, was hoping you'd answer the post...i think that's the trouble with the fork...not so much the internals like i first thought a while back but just having the wrong spring in there...just like dirtbikes...gotta have the correct spring for your weight

i bet 50% of riders out there have the wrong springs in thier forx!
    "He can make even a global summit meeting seem like a kegger." M. Dowd, NY Times, 19 July 2006

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zon
    The minute 1:00 comes with a medium spring, too light fot a 190# rider. I had to order a xfirm for my Minute 1:00 to handle my 220#. Just call Answer tech support (661-257-4411) and you will get instant help. They will give you the correct part number which you take to your LBS and they can order it for you. Cost around 25$ if I remember correctly.
    guess were in the same boat...thankx...can't wait to get the right spring..be able to ride alot better

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    zon

i was curious which spring they are getting for you? according to the manual the firm ride kit for the minute 1:00 is only for 170-190 pound weight...but the minute 2:00 has a firm ride kit that is for 190+ pounders

are the springs for all these forx the same? can you give me the part number and color for the spring they are getting you

thanks

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantane
    cool, was hoping you'd answer the post...i think that's the trouble with the fork...not so much the internals like i first thought a while back but just having the wrong spring in there...just like dirtbikes...gotta have the correct spring for your weight

i bet 50% of riders out there have the wrong springs in thier forx!
    Yeah, wrong springs or wrong set up. Alot of people get compression adjustments, as well as rebound, all screwed up. Then

Anyway...
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

zon
    Scofflaw Mountain Biker
    zon

i was curious which spring they are getting for you? according to the manual the firm ride kit for the minute 1:00 is only for 170-190 pound weight...but the minute 2:00 has a firm ride kit that is for 190+ pounders

are the springs for all these forx the same? can you give me the part number and color for the spring they are getting you

thanks

That's why I called them. I don't trust the manual's recomendations and part #'s. When I called, I told them the fork, the model year, and my weight and they gave me the correct # to order. It's been several months since I got it so I dont remember the spring color or part #.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    That's why I called them. I don't trust the manual's recomendations and part #'s. When I called, I told them the fork, the model year, and my weight and they gave me the correct # to order. It's been several months since I got it so I dont remember the spring color or part #.
    aight bra...thanks for you help!

I dig trails!
    zon

thanks
    I believe the Minute 1 has a "booster" spring inside the main spring. It helps tune to weight. Medium spring is for a certain weight, Medium + booster is for the next level weight, etc.

Minute 1 is a coil fork, Minute 2 is a air sprung fork with a coil assist. Totally different spring set-ups.

Best to do like you are doing and call.

IMHO it is one of the best upgrades one can do on a bike. It really affects performance, brake dive, consistency in turns etc. Not a lot of bling, but you can really feel the difference.

Mr. P

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    funny in a bad way..just got an email from a guy at answer who gave me the part number for the soft spring ride kit!! i'd expect that from an LBS not a tech at answer...oh, and yes i told i need the next heavier spring...he must be the new guy or the idiot...every place has one

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mattsavage

if you compare the first link with the second link...they have the part number f'd up...for firm, the first link says 5884 while the second link says the 5884 is for the medium spring...why does answer make this kind of mistake, there is no 'about right'...of course all the internet sites continue the confusion and mess

Members who have read this thread: 0